Silver Creek This is the beat of my heart
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
All Welcome 
// set after "At the End of where I begin" 

She had found spring, and more than that, she had found another. Amber had found her along the borders and they had greeted joyfully, and even hunted together. Joy had returned to her, something she hadnt felt in a long while. Eyes like fire scanned the area in front of her, over the borders that she was not to cross over quite yet. Anxiety filled her, as nobody had come to meet her besides Amber and Spring. Surely they knew by now that she was trying to join? Maybe they just didnt trust her, or didnt take kindly to strangers. Huffing a sigh she shifted her weight, and sneezed as a mosquito landed on her nose, causing an Itch. Rubbing her nose with a forepaw she grumbled about annoying bugs and boredom.
billions of lighthouses stuck at the far end of the sky
209 Posts
Ooc —
he was not allowed to leave the den, though this did not stop cortland tobias from attempting it all the same. some handful of days ago, the eyes of he and his sister had opened; his was a bobbling world of color, sometimes blurred, and all confusing. however the pup was not dissuaded, staring for long moments at mona and the great pale muzzle that was his mother's face.

his noises had become louder; at times the pup rocked back on his chubby haunches and squeaked out the first few notes of a beginning howl into the air, but it tapered off without breath to support it. 

today cortland was at it again, sounding like a squeaky toy being mauled as he tried valiantly to assert his voice into the space around him,
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Natashe's ears shot up as the sounds of a pup stirred deep feelings within her. She was overcome by the urge to go to the little one and lick his forehead. Resisting the urge as shecouldn't come over the borders without being chased off, she simply chuffed softly, to let the pup know he wasn't alone. She smiled however, at the thought that if she were to be accepted there would be young ones ambling around. She remembered briefly how Spring had been an active one. Spunk, as she always called it.
You did not break me I'm still fighting for peace
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
The young mother was never too far from her children's sides, even as Cortland tested his voice. She bared her teeth in a warning to the wolf she did not know - if she approached the children, Rowan would not hesitate to defend her babies. She did not invite the stranger closer, instead, holding back and keeping herself curled around her children. 
And I know that I can survive
I walked through fire to save my life

[Image: counselor.gif] 4/5,[Image: caretaker.gif] 1/5
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Natashe heeded the mother's Warning, though she had no intention of going closer in the first place. Instead she dipper head head, and flattened her ears, scooting back a few more feet so the mother felt safer. "Im sorry Ma'am I didn't mean any harm. l'enfant was crying, and I merely wanted to comfort him." she spoke quickly, not wanting to make an enemy within her Sister's pack before she could even join it. Golden eyes flickered upwards to see if the female was still hostile. If so she would move away further, for she didnt want a fight, especially not with a mother.
209 Posts
Ooc —
he felt his mother close, and turned toward her, but he was interested in the new vibration that entered his ears. it was accompanied by a curious new scent, and toward this the boy toddled, wary but overwhelmed with curiosity. a few babbles escaped his jaws and a little smile curved his lips. who was this!?
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Natashe blinked once as the pup came tottering out of the den. She crouched down on her belly, though she remained where she was, not daring to come closer to the pup of the mother that obviously didn't trust her. wide eyes looked down at the small male child and a sharp yearning came over her, softening her gaze. shaking the feeling off she spoke "Go back to your mother child, i cannot meet you yet" she said, though she doubted the pup could understand her yet. She backed away a few steps though she wished she could greet the pup.
You did not break me I'm still fighting for peace
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Rowan was not comfortable with a stranger being anywhere near her children. She wouldn't let anyone just approach and she wouldn't leave her children with strangers. As Cortland strode forward all ready to investigate the other wolf wisely backed up, Rowan not hesitating to lift her child and hold him firmly in her jaws by his midsection. She carted him back towards the den, settling him back in the entrance. He could investigate the world only at her measured pace, not his. 
And I know that I can survive
I walked through fire to save my life

[Image: counselor.gif] 4/5,[Image: caretaker.gif] 1/5
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Natashe was still as the mother carried her child away. Instead of speaking she settled down on the ground, laying her head down on her paws. After a few moments she opened her mouth again. She would try once more to prove herself a friend "When i got hunting again, i can bring you something? It wouldn't trouble me any..." she said nervously. Deciding on another tactic she looked at the mother wolf "Spring is my sister...I am Natashe Ciel. I am currently trying to join the pack." she introduced. maybe knowing her purpose on the borders would give the mother some comfort.
209 Posts
Ooc —
the stress of it all, coupled with rowan's tension, drove cortland back near his mother. but he stared at the stranger openly and with great curiosity. he whined lowly, wanting to approach again but unsure of how rowan would react.
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
if you two are okay with it, I will Archive this so I can get on with joining the pack. Its been quite a while.

Natasha smiled at the pup and flicked her tail as a way to say hello. She looked at the mother wolf and stood up "I'll be leaving you two alone then. You have a beautiful son." She spoke softly and turned to leave, her tail giving a friendly wave of farewell.