Firefly Glen in the name of carrying the world on your back
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
Gyda. Floki had forgotten about her over the last few months, but at one point, he had very much wanted to meet his half-sister. The name of Gyda's co-leader slipped his mind, otherwise he might have mentioned his chance encounter to Kjalarr. But before he could comment on the news, Kjalarr revealed something else -- something that Floki had certainly not expected to hear.

"I'm going to be a father." Floki blinked, absorbing the information. His initial reaction included a flash of jealousy mingled with disbelief. He masked his emotions quickly and quietly, instead expressing excitement -- which wasn't difficult, since he was happy for his brother. This wasn't the only major change in Kjalarr's life, however; he had also recently taken over Neverwinter Forest as its Alpha.

Floki gaped at his brother for a moment before his mouth shifted into a grin. "Holy shit," he said unabashedly. "You have been busy. I'm sorry to hear about Scimitar and Eshe," he continued, sobering slightly at the mention of his brother's adoptive parents. Once upon a time, he had felt only bitterness towards the family that had taken in a young Kjalarr; but now he understood the importance of kin, even if they weren't related by blood. "Tell me about your mate -- and how do you feel about becoming a father?" he prompted eagerly.
Messages In This Thread
in the name of carrying the world on your back - by Kjalarr - November 17, 2016, 04:24 PM
RE: in the name of carrying the world on your back - by Floki - December 06, 2016, 09:00 PM