Raven's Watch I am one hungry king of the world
You see, Pige, when you're footloose and collar-free, well, you take nothing but the best
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
@Gwen

A frigid wind blew agaisnt Knew, forcing him to shiver. His paws felt numb agaisnt the bitterly cold ground, and his already small body seemed even more compact as he desperately huddled with himself to retain whatever body heat he had left. One might pity a wolf of such condition, but it would be foolish as he's far too ignorant to attempt to catch a meal - even though he would fail if he tried. And despite his quickly declining health, his mind stayed intact; in spite of him believing in his false well-being. The petite wolf held the mindset he was still a king, living as though he was adored and doted upon, reguardless that the last time he felt admired was over a month ago when he was banished from his old pack. 

After spending a day walking along the coast, he trekked close to the mountains, not daring to tread up them in his condition.
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen had decided to go hunting, as she was working toward the hunter trade and it would be good to bring some food back to the pack. She trudged along the Sunspire Mountains, sniffing occasionally to see if there was prey around. Her tail wagged as she began to pick up her pace, trotting instead of walking. She continued to do so until she saw a wolf in the distance. A straggly, light brown wolf. She believed it to be a male, though from her location she could not tell.

She cautiously approached from behind and sat quietly, watching him with curiosity. He appeared to be skinny, and Gwen wondered when his last meal had been. She continued to observe him for a few minutes then said in a fairly confident voice "Hungry?" She hadn't meant it in a mean way, but she couldn't help but wonder why the wolf hadn't eaten. She attempted to be polite, though still she was getting used to the constant chat in pack life. Being social was not exactly her strong point.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
You see, Pige, when you're footloose and collar-free, well, you take nothing but the best
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
His ears lifted upon the voice of another, he turned his head only to reveal the remarkable difference between his head and body. Knew's eyes and face seemed to still hold his royal condition, it was almost as though he were two different wolves. An alluring smirk appeared on his muzzle, and a gleam in his eye shown once realizing it was a female who'd spoken. Though his boyish thoughts had to be surpressed when processing what it was she was offering - food. 

The past month Knew only provided the persuasion, while others caught him food. His charm was what kept him alive. How she knew he was hungry, he didn't know. The delusion that he was the same wolf he once was stayed in his mind, he could only assume they knew it was hard to hunt in the winter. "You just read my mind, Pige" his voice was fruity and appealing. "Got anything to share?'
427 Posts
Ooc —
As he turned to look at her, Gwen smiled. She had caught the gleam in his eye and she could tell he definately was hungry. She looked him up and down and was secretly pleased with herself for guessing what he had wanted. Perhaps her social skills were getting better after all. She also caught the look of 'royal'ness on his face, and in his posture.

"Not currently, but I suppose I could catch something," She shrugged. Food wasn't exactly everywhere at the moment, considering it was winter, but surely it wouldn't hurt to share. She also didn't want everyone around here to hate her, so this would be a good starting point. "What do you fancy?"
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Knew was surprised how easy it was to convince the wolf to share, she must be consiterably more kind than others. He tilted his head to the side and squinted, his grin remained on his face as he slowly began to close the space between them. He took a moment to consider her question, he wasn't sure whether to be picky or not, but because her immediate generous offer he would be more open. "Whatever it is you can find," he insisted.

He gazed into her eyes, finding her rather appealing. The smell of other wolves began to arise the closer he got. "Are you in a pack?" He questioned, unaware if there was one anywhere near by.
427 Posts
Ooc —
As he came closer, Gwen stared at the ground for a moment, an old memory flickering in her mind. She mentally shook it away and looked up to meet the wolf's gaze. She blinked, pausing for a moment, then answering his question. "I... Yes, I just joined one. Marauder's Keep..." She trailed off, then waited, expecting him to say something else in reply before she went to hunt.

She gave him a curious look, wondering if he himself could hunt. Though she decided to wait for his response before asking. Perhaps it was a personal thing - though that would be dangerous. If that was the case he should probably join a pack.
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
He nodded, silent for a moment, the wheels in his head could be seen turning as he thought of the potential. Knew considered the idea of asking to join, but he wasn't sure if he could allow someone to be above him, as in his eyes he was the ruler of the world. "Marauder's Keep? What's that like?" Conversation was a keypoint in Knew making friends, mainly because he was so good at it. He enjoyed making someone feel listened too, even though he'd likely forget soon after.

He lowered his haunches, ignoring his begging stomach and instead focusing on the girl before him, far more interesting than a meal.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen considered the question asked to her, then she tilted her head slightly and said "I... haven't really got to know them yet... but everyone I've met so far is nice, and I'm going to get the hunter trade someday." She had a strong determination in her voice as she spoke about the trade, then pondered what had triggered her to say that. It wasn't exactly what he asked.

The white female then shook her head. Where were her manners? "I'm sorry - may I ask your name? I am Gwen," She asked, suprised she hadn't asked sooner.  She also realised that she had been standing here talking to this male when her goal had actually been to hunt. Oh well, I still have time. She mentally rolled her eyes. Besides, this was probably the most detailed conversation she'd had in a while, other than her acceptence by Banner, alpha female of the pack.
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
He lifted his head when she mentioned the hunter trade, he lifted himself up again, realizing she likely wanted to get a move on soon. "Knew," the young wolf exclaimed, somewhat happily. "No apologies needed, pleasure to meet you, Gwen." Names weren't a strong point for Knew, he often forgot them and played it off like he didn't when they spoke to him again, but he'd make an effort to remember hers because of how charitable she'd been.

"Shall we go?" He suggested, not planning to hunt himself since he lacked the skill, but he'd be happy to watch as she caught an animal of some sort.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Knew. An interesting name, though one she was likely to remember. That was something she was pretty good at, probably because there wasn't many she needed to remember. "You too," She replied, and she meant it. It wasn't very often that she spoke so openly to a wolf, and although she wasn't completely sure who this wolf actually was, it was nice to be able to speak withought a need to be submissive. "I suppose we should," she finished then began to walk. She turned her head and gestured for him to follow her.

She began to sniff around as she walked, being very cautious and quiet, so any prey lurking around wouldn't run.
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Knew was quick to follow, pleased to have a distraction from his stinging paws and nose. He observed as she began, he assumed, to hunt. Not because he planned to learn, only since she was the one doing it. He could tell Gwen didn't ask for a lot, and so to be given attention not asked for would hopefully be a delight to her. "How is it you learned to hunt?" He questioned, once again not wishing to obtain any knowledge of how to do it, just mere curiosity.
427 Posts
Ooc —
She glanced behind her again to see that Knew was indeed following, so she continued on. Gwen noticed that he was observing her, though she didn't mind much. As she stopped to listen for prey he asked how she learned to hunt. "Oh," She smiled, remembering the old times, when she was a pup and her family had been playing with her in the plains of her old home. As she thought about it, the white female acquired a sorrowful look in her eye. For a moment she let it sit there, then she remembered she hadn't answered the question. She shook her head, replying with her previous tone once again, any hint of sadness now vanished. "I learnt when I was younger, in my old pack. They all loved to hunt..." Her expression turned to a focused stare as she perked up her ears, a quiet rustling sounding a few metres away.
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Knew opened his mouth to respond, she noticed her long pauses and wondered what it is she could be thinking about for so long, but before he could reply he noticed her attention was taken somewhere else. Fortunately, since she had been nice and he was starving, Knew managed to keep quiet and watch instead of ruin the potential meal ahead of them.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen appreciated the quiet from Knew, and lowered her body, scanning the area the sound had come from. She began to creep closer, managing to catch a scent. A rabbit - an increasingly rare catch in the harshest of the winter months. It smelled good, even from her distance, though this wasn't for her. She'd catch something for Knew, then something for the pack if she could find anything worthwhile. She wasn't really hungry yet herself, so she didn't need anything.

She stalked closer, as another rustle sounded out. She paused, waiting a moment for silence before continuing to shuffle closer. Her light build allowed her to almost glide over the ground withought much of a sound, which was very useful in hunting. She moved closer yet, then stopped. She quietly sniffedd again, estimating the distance between her and the rabbit. She could most likely leap from her, but she dared to shuffle slightly closer. Perfect.

With a quick jump, the white blur pounced. Score. She landed straight on the rabbit, but it was struggling and she wouldn't be able to hold it for long. Snap. The sound made her cringe, but she had to bite the neck in order to kill it swiftly.
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Knew watched in amazement, he jumped in the air slightly, obviously excited. He ran up to her with a wagging tail and astounded eyes stared at her in pure awe. "Wow, Pige!" He exclaimed rather gleefully. It was strange to see someone so close to the brink of death at such a highpoint of energy. "That was...impressive!" Surely, the simple act of hunting might not seem nearly as shocking to a normal wolf, but Knew on the other hand found it nearly impossible to catch a meal, so to watch another do it with such ease was utterly astounding. 

He looked down at the now dead rabbit, and licked his chops. It was only now did he realize he was drooling slightly. His stomach yelled louder than it had before and it's juicy scent filled his nose, it was torture to wait any longer for a bite.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen's eyes widened as the male suddely jumped and ran up to her, clearly stunned. He again called her Pige. What does that mean? She wondered, though it wasn't a large concern. He then exlaimed about that being impressive, and if wolves could, she'd be blushing. "Oh.... um, thanks" She said shyly. She rarely recieved compliments, normally just politeness (or agressiveness, though that was another matter). 

"Go ahead, eat it," She smiled. The rabbit did look delicious, though she wasn't hungry enough to eat one, so she sat down to get her breath back.
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Knew quickly sunk his teeth into the rabbits flesh and began chomping down, attempting to savor each bite, while also failing to do so. After a couples of seconds he lifted his head to look up at Gwen, blood covering his muzzle in a humorous manner. "Thanks, Pige." He insisted, taking a large swallow. It wasn't long until he was back into the rabbit, finishing a bit too quickly. 

Once his meal was over, the small wolf stepped back, eyeing the female a bit more kindly. He was no longer only filled with thoughts of food. "How'd you get so good?" He questioned.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen watched him with an interest as he began to tear the rabbits skin. "No problem.... Knew." She continued to watch him, moving down into a comfortable laying position until he finished eating. "I...... Well, I wouldn't call myself the hunting expert, but I suppose the prey rarely hears me, as I'm light," she looked down at her own body. She was thin and indeed light, though not necessarily skinny. "and so is my step."

The male seemed to continuously compliment her, giving her an odd feeling. He reminded her of someone in her past, though she couldn't pinpoint it. She continued to think for a moment, then slightly remembered a young male, and had a small image of herself as a yearling, sat beside a dark male. Storm. She remembered his name, sending shivers down her spine. He was the reason she hadn't been trusting of many wolves, though that image had been a peaceful one. However, that was a memory for another time. Her gaze flicked back to Knew.
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
He was extremely thankful for her kind acts, and the more they spoke the more she gained his liking. The brute listened intensely to what she had to say, filling in on as much as he could. Knew paused, his charming expression seemed to run off of his face and he now stared seriously at the fae. "Why do you do that?" He questioned. Seeming genuinely curious and almost confused when asking.
427 Posts
Ooc —
His words snapped her out of her deep thoughts. Realising she hadn't been paying attention, she tilted her small head at him. "Do what?" She asked. Gwen, you pick the worst times to daydream. "Sorry... I was just.... thinking," She added, trying to give a valid reason to explain her confusion.

So far, the female had enjoyed the company of the male named knew. Strange as he was, she felt relaxed as she lay down, despite the ground being cold. To be honest, the cold had never had a large effect on her. Heat however, was another matter.
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
"Think so much." He claimed rather blankly, tilting his head slightly like a puppy. "I've only just met you and I can't count how many times you've deadpanned." He exclaimed, still holding his gaze on her. Knew wasn't much of a thinker, especially a deep-thinker. He thought so little he didn't realize why his parents banished him, nor notice how they doted him too much and neglected his younger siblings. He was a very blunt person, and delving into the harshness of a mind was beyond his capability.
427 Posts
Ooc —
"Oh," She pondered the question for a moment "I... don't know. I guess I've just had a lot on my mind recently.. Joining a pack and talking to wolves and being social again.." She chuckled slightly then stopped and her gaze swept over him. "It's brought back memories.... including ones I had forgotten about.." She sighed, closing her eyes.

She curled her tail round her legs, silent once more. There wasn't really much more to say.
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
He paused, listening to her intently, taking in however much he could. "Say them outloud then, I'd like to hear them." Knew insisted, his charming smile returning and another twinkle in his eyes. 

Knew's small and dwindling size was strange, but his personality made up for it. The way he spoke and acted was of a large king, not a scrawny peasant. This was all because he has yet to realize exactly what he is.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen blinked in surprise. "Uhhh... okay.. I was just thinking about someone from my past...." This was a touchy subject for her, but so far Knew hadn't done anything to upset or mislead her, so she trusted him - in an odd sort of way. "...When I was younger, there was a wolf named storm... We grew close and I felt so... attached.... to him. It was as though I shared a connection with him like no other, and I... trusted him with my life," She closed her eyes, pleading with herself not to cry. Not on front of knew. That would be way too embarrassing... "T-then he.... broke my heart. As dramatic as it may sound..... he shattered it like glass. And.... I .... I've never really trusted many again...But after a year I came here.. to start over, I suppose." She finished, not wishing to delve deeper into the painful memories.
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Knew concentrated soley on Gwen's words, not moving his gaze from her. He noticed the pain in her face and laid down in front of her, unsure how to respond right away. He let it sink in, everything she said, before shrugging. "Screw 'em." He said plainly, shaking his head disapprovingly. "Someone who would hurt you like that isn't worth it." He exclaimed triumphantly. "Your heartbreak isn't worth him."