Dragoncrest Cliffs if i tell my bones they're a cage
this is your altar of dust
10 Posts
Ooc — torvi
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Her nose was cool he noted as he felt her touch it to the curve of his broad shoulder. Her soft whine earned a furrow of the commander's brow as he tried (and failed) to make sense of the sound. Out of context and unaware that it was her own thoughts that had elicited it from her he was hesitant to linger in the figurative dark, unaware if perhaps he had done something wrong. He was not unfamiliar with the gestures of deducing information about others in the most natural of ways — and in fact he found that he preferred it to conversation any day. Still, there was a reluctant admittance from the commander of the hunt that conversation was useful, providing that truths were spoken instead of twisting words into eloquent lies. Scent could not lie as words could. It was honest and though it could be masked, he supposed, it took a lot more effort than lying through words.

He felt as she pulled back, his gaze flickering to her as she appeared to dance on her toes, the graze of her tongue against his chin unexpected; a silent plea to return her attention, he gathered. This was out of his realm he realized. It would be easy to touch his nose to her, in return, to drink in the perfume of her scent; but he'd never been permitted to do such things to Leonis or any of his superior's; and least of all to the women of Aeterna Glaive. There'd been interest, of course (he was socially awkward, not dead), but as Cor alone held the right to breed with not just his mate Stella but any female of the Glaive in estrus that had stricken his fancy and as such the other males were not allowed such closeness to them. Being a bastard son did not grant him any sort of princely immunity and he'd became very good at warding off untoward advances. Not... that the lovely creature wanting his attention was putting advances on him.

Though Aeterna Glaive would always be in his blood as Leonis' training would always be at the forefront of his mind: Ravus reminded himself that he now answered to none. His ears slicked back to his skull as he ducked his head to press his own nose against her neck to drink in her scent and deduce what he could from it, before he sought, should she allow it, to return the lick to the underside of her chin that she had given him willing to let his boldness take root, encouraged by her interactions thus far with him.
[/td][/tr][/table]
the pulse of your mouth needed to ache
each night you tear apart a name
calling yourself everything but the light
Messages In This Thread
if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Ravus - December 11, 2016, 12:00 PM
RE: if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Pipit - December 11, 2016, 06:04 PM
RE: if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Ravus - December 11, 2016, 07:19 PM
RE: if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Pipit - December 11, 2016, 08:47 PM
RE: if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Ravus - December 12, 2016, 03:58 PM
RE: if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Pipit - December 13, 2016, 07:09 PM
RE: if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Ravus - December 13, 2016, 07:44 PM