Golden Glade Lighter News
But the downside of being a con artist is that it's very hard to con. Even if the lies you tell are to yourself.
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Emory was utterly confused by this ceremony, she felt almost disgusted by the ritual, she couldn't believe her brother had come up with it, he use to hate situations like these. It wasn't that the oath she was to speak wasn't true, but she never expressed her feelings or devotion so openly, especially to practical strangers. Reluctantly, she began the repeat after Shalon, lacking behind in the unison of voices and standing out slightly. "I, Emory Pyror, swear the oath of the Royal Fire Court" - she hates promises - "I will always defend my family and kin." That much was true, likely the most honest of this entire oath, the vixen would do anything for the family she had now, but it was hard to consider these new faces anything close to blood.

"I shall only speak the truth," she had to hold back a cringe from that, how on earth could she manage that? She's a con-artist, lying is her entire life! God, she hoped this was lieniant. "and let honor and loyalty rule my heart." What did that line even mean? "I will always be loyal to my King and Queen." True and true. "I will defend the innocent, and punish the evil." She was begginning to grow bored, but she held no reluctance to that sentence, no matter how messy a line "evil" was to her. "Overall, I swear to give my blood," How does that even work? "devotion, and my life to the Royal Fire Court of Golden Glade." 

All seemed good when she finished, and was relieved it was finally over, until the Duchess mention a word that actually did make her cringe this time, groom. She was going to be touching these strangers? She took a moment to relax, it wasn't anything she hadn't done before, but that always came with a benefit, and suddenly Shalon stood in front and began nipping at her shoulder and she was in a complete state of awkward.

Stubborn Emory is stubborn heh
Messages In This Thread
Lighter News - by Alder - December 20, 2016, 05:40 PM
RE: Lighter News - by Aspen - December 20, 2016, 10:05 PM
RE: Lighter News - by Shalon - December 21, 2016, 01:22 AM
RE: Lighter News - by Heartha - December 23, 2016, 05:00 AM
RE: Lighter News - by Freya - December 25, 2016, 11:49 PM
RE: Lighter News - by Shalon - January 02, 2017, 03:33 PM
RE: Lighter News - by RIP Eden - January 02, 2017, 03:51 PM
RE: Lighter News - by Emory - January 02, 2017, 04:38 PM
RE: Lighter News - by Sylvas Streiter - January 02, 2017, 05:47 PM
RE: Lighter News - by Shalon - January 05, 2017, 03:07 PM