Duck Lake roly-poly fish heads
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
I'm stressing about work and trying to distract myself with Tryphon threads lmaooo save me.

[table width=65%][tr][td]
As he came upon the lake, he did so from the eastern edge. Most of the shallows had become thick with ice by this point; even some of the deeper sections looked as if they'd been immobilized by a shining layer. Whether that was thick enough to support his body, Tryphon wasn't about to find out. He investigated the edge of the lake as he roamed around it, heading closer and closer to the south end, but when he finally stopped - watching his breath peal out of him as thin puffs - he was on the west side. The ice seemed thinner over here. There were even some holes punched in to some of the deeper sections that he was curious about, but afraid to really look at. They were most likely made by foxes or deer trying to get a drink of water. 

He wondered briefly if there were fish in the lake. Maybe they were sluggish now that winter had a firm hold on the wilds? Surely swimming through frigid water - or slushy, nearly frozen water - would diminish their capacity of escape. All the same, as hungry as Tryphon was from all his adventuring, he was still deeply nervous about water. The ice sheet presented an interesting method for testing his own limits — and he paced along the thicker sections, testing with a paw, taking a few steps, peering in — but at the slightest lurch of the ice under his weight, he slunk backwards until he returned upon the shore. Nope nope nope.
[/td][/tr][/table]