Ankyra Sound the mother of pearl world is just a notion
fury, oh fury don't you misguide me
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
If you missed the first round and wanna hop in, feel free! Cameos are fine! There's no pressure. Extending Round 2 until Monday, the 27th due to an unexpected trip. @Kalika @Coelacanth @Hemithea 

Akantha did not have to wait long. First to arrive on the beach was skinny little Whip, followed promptly by the other young male, Gabe. Kalika's toy, or whatever he was. She didn't really spare much energy on the thought. Instead she lent them a rare smile of approval from her perch atop the sunbleached log—despite their lesser status, she could not ignore how loyal they'd both proven themselves to be thusfar. She was pleased that the gifts of the Sea was reward enough for the work. But her attentions quickly moved on when the swarthy vaudvillian arrived on the scene. A warm greeting spilled from her mouth, and Akantha could not help the pride that swelled within her chest. 

She would not keep them long. If others were en route, or too far to hear the call, she would gladly repeat everything to them so that word could spread of their plans. Her plans. "I am not one for long-winded speeches, so I will make this brief:" Akantha began, not bothering to seat herself lest the movement bring a fresh wave of pain. She did not want to allude to her hurts here when she was supposed to be strong. "We will be settling on the Blackwater Islands. At low tide, a sand bar offers access to the territory so that you do not need to risk the surf of the channel. If you don't have experience swimming in strong current, don't try it." This was not a request. Her eyes flashed as she continued. "I'm sure most of you have already found your way there by now," She paused, looking over Whip and Gabe with a flick of her ear. "and if you haven't, they are within sight of this beach. The sandbar is on the northern edge of the shore." 

Because they were not of the original sisters to depart Themiscrya, she did not speak of her conversation with Meteora and simply continued on. "As I've stated to each of you: the Sea will provide for us, and she has already made true of her promise by leading me here. There is a wealth of food here and we will not need to compete for it. However, I caution you to be on your guard as our presence here will surely turn some heads."

"Are there any questions?"
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep

Teal dialogue is Greek. Uncolored dialogue is common/english.
Check out NEREIDESpedia for more information.  
Messages In This Thread
the mother of pearl world is just a notion - by Akantha - February 16, 2017, 03:37 PM
RE: the mother of pearl world is just a notion - by Whip - February 16, 2017, 10:00 PM
RE: the mother of pearl world is just a notion - by Gabe - February 18, 2017, 04:29 PM
RE: the mother of pearl world is just a notion - by Indie - February 20, 2017, 02:00 PM
RE: the mother of pearl world is just a notion - by Akantha - February 21, 2017, 01:00 AM
RE: the mother of pearl world is just a notion - by Indie - February 24, 2017, 05:08 PM
RE: the mother of pearl world is just a notion - by Akantha - February 28, 2017, 05:35 PM