Raven's Watch when eagles halo the earth, i want the ballad of your blood
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
In the static of her panic, she is able to find that thread of logic and reason. She reaches out and grasps it firmly and allows it to slowly center her, grounding her anxiety on facts. Thuringwethil was not dead, yet, and though she was injured, she was still breathing. It gave her options and room to decide on the right course of action. She could run back to Drageda, leaving the injured Commander alone, and find Portia. She could call out for help for any stranger in earshot, and pray for a friendly soul. Or she could do her best to mend whatever hurts were proventing Heda from standing and help her back to the borders alone.

The last option was, in truth, the only option.

But as soon as she turns back to Thuringwethil, she sees that the battered Commander is losing consciousness. "Hed--!" she's cut off by the sound of footsteps. Her ears twist towards the sound and she whips her head around, teeth bared, and hackles standing to full height. An impressive sight, but wasted on Hush who approaches with a whine of concern. Relief floods her and she sheaths her aggression immediately while she strides over to press her nose into his shoulder with a strangled noise of concern of her own. "Hush, she fell," she breathed, "from the cliff. We have to get her back to Portia but she's having trouble breathing. I don't think she broke any limbs..." 

She trailed off and pulled away from Hush to return to the Commander's side. She looked down at the dazed she-wolf with her mouth twisted up with concern. Tir did the unthinkable then—she growled at Heda"Heda, stay awake. You cannot sleep yet."
"There are no guarantees in the future. That's why today, the time we have now, is important."
Trigedasleng is denoted in bold/italic if not already written out. Hover for translations. 
Messages In This Thread