Dragoncrest Cliffs I'm a toy, toy
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
2017, and I still have no idea how to start threads. @Arlo

With an itch beneath his paws came the desire to get moving around the territory, still not yet familiar with it as a whole. He’d found a place to lay his head each night but, aside from that, knew little of the land—and even less about those that inhabited it. Their titles were strange and the language something he couldn’t recall having ever heard before, and yet, he’d held back from asking questions about it. The thought of doing so right then and there crossed his mind, but Xan shook his head and began his jog across the land; he sought something, though knew not exactly what it might be. His internal voice suggested spending some time with Kendra, but he’d opted instead for seeking out Hush, in the mood for a spar. Knowing neither the male’s individual scent nor his usual hangouts, the Inuk was left to wander, wanting not to howl and risk giving his position away to someone else. The fact that he could very well run into a stranger during his search party of one hadn't even crossed his mind, as per usual.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
139 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Most of the day had been spent on the borders, keeping his guard up now that Heda returned home injured. It hadn’t been a someone that had done the damage but a mistake on a ledge too steep, however, without the extra able body to protect them, his vigilance will only rise. With the threat of another pack starting nearby, and the meeting around the corner, Arlo isn’t sure how Drageda will turn out over the next several days, especially if the meeting is to go south.

Eventually, he sheds the thoughts from his mind and breaks through the barrier of redwoods after a long round of patrol. He doesn’t have a destination in mind but he approaches the large lake near the cavern to quench his thirst when the scent of another tickles his nose.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Turned around and unable to determine which way he next wanted to go, the yearling slowed to a stop and lifted his nose into the air. Several times over he inhaled, pulling from the breeze whatever scents were there to take, until he’d latched onto one that was undoubtedly wolf—and nearby, too. The odour, he decided, had to belong to Hush. He could not pick the male out by his smell alone, but something in his gut insisted that he was right to assume he’d located the mute. With his mind made up, Alexander continued onward through the redwoods, only to realize that he had been incorrect. For there beyond the trees laid a lake, rippling with the wind, and a lupine that was most definitely not the silent male he’d met previously. The thought of turning and leaving crossed his mind, but was momentarily ignored as he frowned and pushed himself to take several steps towards the stranger.

Stopping a little ways off, his body stiffened whilst a chuff was forced from his throat, intended to acquire the attention of Arlo. He appeared to be larger than the hybrid, leaving Xan to wonder if, because of that, he might make for a better partner in sparring. Rather than voicing his thoughts, he kept quiet and waited, interested to see his pack mate’s initial response to his being there before proceeding.
139 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
The tickle in his nose is given thickness, lifting his head from the lake to spot another white wolf in the distance. At a distance, it appears to be looking into a mirror, but the reflection shatters by the time he’s close enough to voice his presence. His intention to catch his attention, however, is swept up with a sweep of his ears upon his head. The scent of the other familiar is more familiar than his face and he assumes one of the newer outsiders Heda allowed into the territory. They’d been reserved through the winter but the weather had been hard on all of them.

Arlo’s tail swishes a few times behind him as he offers a playful bark in return, his stance loose as he closes the distance between them.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
After seeing the motion of the stranger’s tail he was able to relax, though only slightly. It was a process, getting him to ease up entirely, which he’d revealed to countless others in the past. In the present, he was no different, just as standoffish as always. The bark—a jolly sound it was—had further relieved him of tension, but yet had a wag of his own tail been offered. A small voice in the back of his head continuously tried to convince him that turning around and taking his leave was the best decision he could make, but he’d ignored it; he knew that it was important for him to familiarize himself with the pack, so he couldn’t just flee the scene. With the choice to stay put having been made, he considered what next he might do. Playing was an option, though he was still unfamiliar with the entire concept of it and also didn’t want to embarrass himself, which left his initial desire alone at the front of his mind: to spar.

Xan hadn’t even considered just lunging forward out of the blue, given that he wasn’t yet familiar with the pack’s laws regarding internal battles. He refrained from doing anything rash and instead asked, “Who are you?” Eventually, he would need to know the names of each and every member, but for now, he was content with just learning a few here and there.
139 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Arlo doesn’t get much of a response from the other pale male. He seems to marginally relax but there isn’t another sign that he feels okay. Feeling a little on edge now, his tail begins to slow and his face fall neutral. He doesn’t step forward to close the distance and make it easier on the both of them and instead, awkwardly watch until the question is blurted out. Pretty sure that the wolf had zero socialization growing up, Arlo tries to keep himself loose so not to strike anything in the other.

“I’m Arlo. I come from Seageda, where we are originally from,” he explains, though he’s only able to answer based on a technicality. He doesn’t remember much, if anything, from Seageda since he’d been raised primarily in Trigeda after the first few months of his life. “Who are you?”
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There came an itch on the bottom of his paws, urging him to take a step or, in the very least, alter the way he was standing. At first, the feeling was ignored. If he had learned anything, it was to be wary of everyone, to question them when he could and not stop until after having been given all of the answers he wanted—but that had been after the incident, back when he was still within the woods and lacking the safety that distance provided. It would be a gradual shift over time, but the change began right then as he recalled how he had once been. When he was younger and had nothing to worry about, back when he could hide behind his father whenever he messed up. Of course, he could no longer do that—he was way too far from his previous home—but that didn’t keep him from trying to act as he once behaved; a diluted variation, but still a step up from the coward that he felt himself to have become.

As he listened, his posture relaxed, lingering somewhere between at rest and fully tensed. The mention of a place of origin stood out to him, but he chose to introduce him rather than ask about it. “I’m Xan,” was all he said, seeing no need to mention his own place of birth. He considered what words might next leave his mouth, but had, eventually, settled on the truth. “Have you seen a small hybrid around here?” asked the yearling. “I thought I was following him when I found you, and I need him for a spar or something.” His expression remained neutral, lacking embarrassment over his error.
139 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
The longer he stands there, even through conversation, he begins to feel awkward. It doesn't seem like it's going to last very long and soon he states his intention: he's looking for Hush. Or he assumes so, since he hasn't mentioned him by name, but they are limited on options when it comes to hybrids. Arlo blinks a few times and shrugs one of his shoulders indifferently. "No," he adds, feeling his own attention fall wayside with the interaction. He thought he might be able to connect with the stranger as they are seemingly close in age, and pack mates, but now all he wants is to go about his business instead. "You can try the cavern, I guess," he states with his nose pointing down the bank of the lake that leads to the rendezvous site.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The corners of his lips twitched, a frown threatening to tear its way across his expression, in response to the initial answer. Whilst he had hoped to have some help in tracking down the smaller male, he knew, in the back of his mind, that he shouldn’t have expected his ideal answer. Moving on, he readied himself to ask Arlo about his trades—he wasn’t actually interested in learning anything about the wolf, he just wanted to see if he might be equipped for a spar in Hush’s place—but was stopped before any words could leave his mouth. A suggestion was given, a location mentioned that might be where the hybrid was at. “Okay,” was all he said, deciding to continue with his original search.

Turning in the direction of the cavern, Xan remained silent as he wandered away. Should he not be stopped, the boy would continue forward, but he’d not find Hush that day.