Noctisardor Bypass A rabbit in the maw is worth two in the brush
150 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Private 
I would like to start working towards the hunter trade, because that’s what Semira already prides herself for haha[Image: gamekeeper.gif] @Gwen

Semira prowled along the tall grass of the Bypass, her lithe form remaining low to the ground. She tilted her snout up into the warm breeze, scenting it for small prey. Just a snack. Her stomach rumbled in affirmation of her thoughts. Perhaps I could prove to my new Alpha that I would be a great wolf for the hunter trade? She shook her head lightly. Focus. She concentrated on each sound and flicker of movement around her. Her amber gaze sharpened on a small form about ten meters from her drooling maw.

She lowered her massive torso to the ground, flattening her ears as she watched the small hare prance about. This is too easy. She shuffled her way along the compact earth, her eyes piercing the speckled prey with intense hunger. She paused as the rabbit flicked its ears up, only to see that it was now intensely staring at a blade of grass. Odd little creatures. She continued her crawling until she was nearly five short paces away. She then pulled herself back onto her haunches, preparing to spring.

Now. The femme flung herself out of the brush and onto her unsuspecting prey, ending its life with a quick clench of her massive jaws. Always the worst part. She grimaced, but quickly cast aside the thought as she filled with pride.
-By the light of the moon-

Hunter 2/5
Mercenary 3/5
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen felt the need for a break. Sure, she loved how well the pack was doing, but it was a heavy load on her shoulders, especially since the Emperor was still somewhat ill. Gwen had not seen much of him recently, and she hoped he was doing okay. Last time they had spoken, Knew seemed to be improving, but he was not as involved as before. Maybe soon that would change.

For now, the Empress felt the need to stretch her muscles. She left her resting spot and began walking. She marked the borders occasionally but made her way deeper into the heart of their home. The pale wolfess paused once she scented one of the subordinates, Semira, and she approached to see the other woman with a small, lifeless hare. 

"Good job, that looks like a nice catch." She smiled and looked at the prey once more. An idea sprung to mind and the Empress glanced back up at Semira. "If you're up for it, I'd love to do a little hunting with you. It's my passion."
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
150 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
The femme looked up from her kill, spotting the Empress padding nearer. She nodded her head in greeting and flicked her tail as the empress commented on her kill. In reply to her inquery, Semira enthusiastically replyed, "I would love too!" Already leaping to her feet and stretching out her freshly used muscles. "It is currently Spring, so there are many prey in the Bypass. What would you prefer to hunt?" She asked lighty, her tail still flying through the air in excitement.

Hunter 2/5
Mercenary 3/5
427 Posts
Ooc —
This would be the perfect opportunity to practise her hunting skills, as well as assessing Semira's and getting prey for the pack. With a smile, Gwen shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever we come across, I suppose. C'mon, let's head this way!" She gestured with her muzzle to an area of forest just behind the other woman. She padded over and lowered her muzzle to the ground. It took a while to catch a scent, but once she did her head tilted in slight curiousity.

The trail she had picked up was one of a fawn. A little, baby deer. It had confused her at first but she remembered that Ganador Bypass had recently taken down a doe. Perhaps this one had been hiding or was with the rest of the herd while the wolves hunted it's mother? Or maybe it had no relation to the doe at all and was simply lost.

The Empress pitied it for a moment, but stalked low. It was better to put an end to it quickly and hopefully as painlessly as possible. Her head swung back to nod at Semira before she snuck forward to get closer to the fawn. Once close enough, she looked to the subordinate to see if she was the other side of the baby. 

Whether Semira was or wasn't the other side did not concern the pale woman. She did not have to participate in this one if she did not wish to - and instead wished to watch. Gwen sprung forward and grabbed the neck of the fawn and twisted, hearing a snap. The body fell limply to the floor with a small thump. The Empress panted and turned back to her subordinate. She was curious to know if Semira had blocked the path of the fawn - since it did not seem able to run forward. Or perhaps it had just been too frightened.
150 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Following her Alpha's enthusiasm to hunt, the femme turned tail to bound after the snowy woman. As the other fae leaned down to find a scent, her own muzzle lifted to scent the breeze for any nearby prey. An earthy, sweet scent filled the air, she found herself turning with the other woman wondering if she had also caught scent of the small fawn. It was odd for a baby to be alone, and Semira couldn't quite figure out why.

It was apparent that Gwen had also also smelled the fawn because she began to slink through the trees in a low fashion, following the trail. Semira paused, watching the other wolf pad silently to the front of the fawn. In response, she crept her own way in a tight circle downwind of the animal. She came to a stop, watching the other woman for her behavioral clues as to when she would approach the fawn.

The small animal flicked its ears towards where Gwen hid, and Semira sent out a quiet chuff followed by a harsh growl that rumbled its way through her chest. The fawns gaze met Semira's, fright pouring into its eyes as it froze. Semira stared down the fawn with preditory eyes, her own haunches rising. It proved to be just enough time for the Empress, becuase shortly after she adeptly flung herself from the brush and onto the animal. Semira stepped forwards, but paused, as Gwen had already taken down the fawn.

She then padded lightly out of the brush, praise on the tip of her tounge, "Nicely done! I couldn't have done it any better." She smiled at Gwen, sincerity pouring into her eyes. It wasn't common for Semira to lie, so giving another praise meant much to her. "Perhaps these two catches should be stored somewhere for the pack?" She questioned politely. She didn't want to overstep her bounds with her new Alpha.

Hunter 2/5
Mercenary 3/5
427 Posts
Ooc —
She smiled at Semira, shaking her head. "Nah, you seem to be a natural. Perhaps.... perhaps I can teach you what I know sometime. A sort of... hunting lesson if you will. No doubt, I'm sure you'd make a master hunter in no time!" The woman grinned, giving a wag of her tail.

She looked down at the deceased fawn and then back up to her subordinate. "Good idea. For now, I think we should take it to the dens and the others can come and eat too if they're hungry - which they probably are."

The Empress nodded toward the hare that Semira had caught and then picked up the limp body of the fawn and began to drag it back where they came. "We'll have to do a big pack hunt at some point. You narrowly missed the last one, I'm afraid. To be honest, I think the doe we brought down was the mother of this one."
150 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Her grin expanded as Gwen praised her, and she nodded enthusiastically at her offer, "I would love too! That is so kind of you!" She felt her cinnimon tail wag on its own accord.

She nodded in response to Gwen's other idea, dashing back and snatching the rabbit into her maw before trotting back to the white wolf. She had to lightly jog to catch up the time she lost.

They resumed speaking once Semira came to Gwen's side, and Semira listened quietly to the other wolf's explaination. She then replied solemly, "I guess if you think about it, the fawn would've died anyway without its mother. Oh.. and a pack hunt sounds like a fantastic idea, I do wish I had been there." Her voice slightly muffled by the hare resting in her jowls. "I guess I didn't wander here fast enough." She chuckled lightly, sliding an amused gaze over to the other wolf.

Hunter 2/5
Mercenary 3/5