warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Private 
*plays a little fast & loose with timelines b/c they're a mess rn*

[table width=85%][tr][td]
She barely notices her wound from the coyote anymore. It is healing without issue. It is scabbed over and she thinks the way it itches slightly beneath that it may already be healed (for the most part) but she is no healer and does not dare to aggravate it in case she is wrong. As she wraps up her patrol she heads inwards, towards the heart of Drageda unsure where she will find Heda though she assumes it might be close to Wildfire who is due to give birth very soon; but that is all it is: an assumption and she does not know if it is right or not but as she sees no reason to trouble @Thuringwethil with a call she searches for her. Her desire to speak to her Commander is not urgent. It does not take priority over things that Eske knows are more important. She desires to speak with Heda about the Cheka rank. It is true that it is not the Wanlida — it is not the ultimate prize but it is an admirable rank that Eske knows sits empty and until she has earned Wanlida she figures she can work on her tactician skill while serving Heda as her Cheka because Eske is ambitious and she wants to be more than just Gona. As she grows, as she learns, as she ages so too do her ambitions. Eske keeps her eyes, ears and nose alert for any signs of the Commander as she continues forth in her search.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil’s time on the borders is minimal as of late, knowing the others are taking up the slack. Between Eske, Arlo, Melchior, and surely a few others, she finds no need to push herself where it does not need to be. There have been little upset within the confines of their forest except for the disruptive coyotes that had been taken care of but with her off the borders as much, and Dio lessening each day, she knows they can’t afford anything else. It gives her a little time to sort things out before Wildfire gives birth. Her duty comes first, she has to remind herself, but if she can delegate some of the work while keeping things covered, is the same thing, right?

She hovers somewhere nearby the tree Wildfire has chosen, giving her sleeping mate some space for a while, and scans the immediate area for threats. The sound of another has her attention after a few moments, and noting the scent belong to Eske, Thuringwethil kicks herself into gear to intercept her from going too far. She chuffs in greeting, waving a curved tail over her spine, as she waits to see what the girl’s goal is for coming this way.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Thuringwethil finds her first, moving quick to intercept her. Eske’s steps slow to a stop as Heda comes into view and she dips her head low in submission to her Commander. Having Heda come to her was a lot easier than she thought it would be and she is grateful even if she understands that it is also a diversion to keep her away from Wildfire. Not that Eske wants to be anywhere near the birthing den. She is not close to Wildfire and she isn’t even sure what to think of the future of Drageda that she — who was the future of Drageda first thank you very much — is being replaced with so Eske tries not to think of them (for she understands she’s being petty). “Heda,” Eske speaks to Thuringwethil in greeting. “I won’t keep you long,” Eske promises not wanting to be in the way of Thuringwethil's duties as Heda or mate. “I was hoping we could speak about the Cheka rank. I know it sits empty and I was thinking that I would like to occupy it.” Eske approaches it formally, unsure of if directness is the best way but she sees no reason not to make her intentions known. Cheka is a good starting point on the path to Wanlida and to occupy it, even if she only intends to for as long as it takes to earn Wanlida is still an immeasurable honor.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
At first, she isn’t sure what to think of the topic. She holds her gaze for a moment longer, blinks slowly in consideration, and then nods her head once to acknowledge the request. In a way, it comes as a surprise. Not that Eske wants to be more than gona, to be more to Drageda, but to be in such a position as Cheka. A position of trust between one and their Heda, and the rest of the hedonakru if needed, as well as some power over the guardians below her. Thuringwethil does not dismiss the idea entirely, despite her surprise, but contemplates with a hum.

“It requires a lot of work to be Cheka,” she says, though she doesn’t doubt that she knows that. “You will be with me most of the time, or somewhere nearby, and you will always be with me if I leave the territory,” she adds. Eske knows the ranks of Drageda, knows what lies within them and those that are not help. They are positions of power but in different ways of their own. They work and live and die for the kru that stands above them. “Is that what you want?”
Trigedasleng · Common
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Eske waits with baited breath as she watches Heda consider it. She knows she is young, and perhaps she still has a lot to prove but she is confident that she can rise to the challenge, that she can shoulder the responsibilities that she knows belong to the Cheka rank. Her confidence in her own abilities however are muted compared to Heda’s as it is the Commander’s that truly matter. If Thuringwethil does not think her capable she will refuse. Eske harbors a small hope that she was not immediately shot down. She is nervous, she realizes. She has never been as close to the Commander as Freyja and she wonders if that will reflect poorly on her now. Then again, Freyja was a traitor while Eske is the only of Gyda’s children to remain true and firm. She knows where her loyalties lie. She will always be Drakru, she will always faithfully and loyally follow her Heda. “I understand Heda,” She gives a nod of her head. “If you feel I am worthy I would be honored to be your Cheka.” It is what Eske wants but again she knows it all boils down to Thuringwethil.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil has never seen Eske back down from a challenge and she is sure if she adds the worst of the details of the job, she will remain firm in her position. She is Gyda’s daughter. She nods once more when she reaffirms her desire for the rank, slate eyes skirting past the warrior and off to the side. She gives her direction with her nose and she walks to the nearest cleaning she’s aware of in the forest. She passes it often when coming to and from the borders while keeping near Wildfire. It is enough space for two wolves to scuffle, should they need to, as several yards of empty space separate from the nearest tree opposite of them.

“Show me,” she says, curving her gait to stand opposite of the younger wolf. Thuringwethil takes a deep breath, hiding the grimace from her face once more, and prepares herself. She may be wounded still but it isn’t going to stop her from her job and getting Eske to prove what she’s capable of isn’t going to take much work.
Trigedasleng · Common
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
hopefully i...did this right, LOL

Heda’s command is simple. Show me. It does not come as a surprise to Eske that Thuringwethil wishes to see what she can do. If she can perform the main duty of Cheka: protect Heda at all and every cost. It will be her job. That is what it means to be Cheka — to risk her life for her Heda, to be her bodyguard. She takes a long moment to study her Commander knowing that her mother, Gyda, would have done it in a heartbeat: give her life for Heda’s. She suspects that her father, Gavriel, would have too. Eske gives a deep nod: a non-verbal communication that she will spar with the Commander. She remembers what Heda once told her as she thinks of how much more experience Thuringwethil has than her: she does not consider that she will lose. Anticipating losing means you are already dead (or so this is what Eske took the words to mean).

There is something that is both intimidating and thrilling about sparring with her Commander, a bizarre combination to be sure and one that she is not sure which has the upper hand: the excitement or the intimidation. But it is just a friendly spar. It is not life or death. She sizes Heda up for a quick moment before she moves, making as if she is going to attack on Thuringwethil’s right before she feign’s left quick aiming for her Commander’s shoulder with her teeth bared intending to land her hit there.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It does not take long for Eske to square up. She watches for hesitancy; for challenging the commander, because she’s injured, for any reason at all and she does not see it. A smile snakes its way onto her features as she then watches the younger wolf lunch for her. She is reminded, in half a second, of Gavriel and how much she looks after him, how the face she makes with teeth bared resembles him for more than she ever expected another wolf to look like their predecessor. Her attitude and personality may have developed from her mother but she knows where her power and technique comes from.

She moves forward to meet her though it’s far from half way. Eske’s aim is off and while teeth do connect and pull at her skin, it’s lower with her proximity. Thuringwethil stiffens with attack as her ribs are jolting, fighting back a silent snarl as she growls and turns her head so she can tear the wolf away. She aims for her scruff to latch on and throw her back like a child but she underestimates her size and only clamps down on loose skin along the side of her neck (and even that is a weakened hold).
Trigedasleng · Common
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
this post is trash. and not the good trash but the bad trash, lol. i tried. xD

Her hit does not connect with Heda’s shoulder but instead grasp lower. Her grip releases when she feels Thuringwethil’s teeth grasp the loose fur of her scruff. She lets out a low noise and aims again, this time for the Commander’s muzzle that grips her scruff even if the hold is weak. It is not a well calculated move, born of instinct to get the Commander to release her so she might aim better but Thuringwethil dodges the attack and Eske is left open for the Commander’s attack.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Eske reacts to the snap of skin beneath her teeth in an instant, though uncalculated, and her snapping jaws do not reach their target and she instead releases so she keeps further away from her teeth. The sudden movements continue to cause her to wheeze and she hangs back low once she releases the girl, circling back a step or two to avoid any further flash of canine in her direction. With enough force between them, Thuringwethil surges forward to the tender skin behind Eske’s forearm with the intent to take her off balance and flip her to the ground.
Trigedasleng · Common
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
The commander’s attack catches Eske on her leg as the she attempts to deflect the attack allowing her to keep her balance and rebound. Eske goes for her Commander’s leg but Thuringwethil is quick to dodge it. Eske’s teeth snap at empty air, clicking together She lets out a low huff of frustration but has no time to linger on it as Thuringwethil throws back and charges for her. Eske is quick on her feet and manages to dodge it at last minute. She knows Heda is injured, has seen her wince when Eske landed her first attack. She does not think more about it. She does not worry if it is a dirty shot as this is only a friendly spar (at least, not right now). She sees a weakness and she seeks to exploit it to her advantage. As her Commander charges past her Eske makes her strike, seeking to ram her shoulder into Thuringwethil’s (injured) side.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil isn’t able to knock Eske over on to her side but she does throw her off enough by taking one of her legs. She pulls away after a beat, only to throw herself at her once again that she’s able to get away and, in the process, her own turn is taken away when Eske moves from her grasp. Each time she lands with a thud, she winces automatically and out of her control but she turns anyway to charge once more to put the girl on her back or side but she moves in a way that catches her off guard and instead of driving parts her, rams her shoulders into her ribcage. A snarl that surprises even her, that rips from her as if it is her soul, and she caves to the ground as if a thousand pounds had been dropped on her.

The wind had been knocked from her lungs once more and she turns her head to send a snap after the girl but she is long gone from her grasp. She tries to pick herself back up but the pain keeps her down, eyes scanning and her brows low to hide the pain with aggression. Her lips are pulled back angrily but she does not get up again or attempt to charge, conceding as pain now controls her every movement.

Cheka,” she groans out, struggling to maintain her large breaths as they pierce her lungs on each inhale.
Trigedasleng · Common
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
portia wasn't far, per say, from her usual resting spot. it was either in her whelping den or in the cavern with wifi, but today she was just too antsy to sit still. the pups were coming, and soon, but portia couldn't give a smaller fuck. she knew her limits, and though she was fearful that she would harm to tiny lives growing inside her, she was still stubborn enough to do whatever she wanted. she snuck out when dio left, her tail wagging as she waddled happily through the territory. it was starting to get warmer, and the sun on her pale pelt felt awesome. she was happy-- until a loud snarl catches her attention.

being the nosey wolf she was, portia waddled over to check it out. it wasn't until she scented the heda that she really kicked it into gear, though she looked ridiculous moving with such a large stomach. she saw the scene-- though not the events that unfolded beforehand-- and let out a loud yell. it sounded something like words, but her voice was too high-pitched to truly tell what she'd said. she growled at eske as she came forward, a warning to back off if she hadn't already.

"heda!" portia said, her gaze narrowed and her brow furrowed, "you should not be sparring-- you are not healed, you are not healthy, you are at risk of hurting yourself permanently." the words came out bigger than she'd intended. respect was important in this culture, and she knew that, but she could not-- not for the life of her-- understand why the commander would put herself at such a risk. assuming thuringwethil had not snapped and chased her off right there, she sniffed at her anxiously. "slow down, short breathes, don't speak," she says in a softer, studying the way she's breathing. it looks like she agitated her ribs, which were broken. she eyed eske expectantly, feeling that she deserved an explanation.
green text signifies trigedasleng.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Eske winces at the snarl that tears from her Commander aimed at her. She holds her breath as she watches her Heda go down, the regret at the “fighting dirty” hitting her rather quickly accompanied by a fair amount of concern. She has earned the title of Cheka but she struggles between wanting to celebrate and wanting to apologize to Thuringwethil and her ears slick back against her skull as a small whine slips from betwixt her lips. “Are you —” Is all Eske manages to get out before a very pregnant Portia arrives on the scene and begins to scold Heda. Eske’s ears flatten as she scuttles away hoping to evade the pregnant Fisa’s wrath. As Portia eyes her expectantly, Eske is hesitant unsure if she is successful or if she is about to get an earful of her own. “It’s my fault Portia. I came to Heda about the Cheka rank,” If she wouldn’t then the pair wouldn’t have needed to spar. “and I didn’t think. While we were sparring I uh, rammed my shoulder into her flank.” It had been her natural instinct and that had been the problem: she hadn’t thought about what it could potentially do to Heda. She isn't sure why she averts her eyes other than she feels like she should be ashamed for it under Portia's stare.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It may have been going on three weeks since she’d come home and rested but she knew she shouldn’t be doing this. At the very least, she should have had someone else in her place, but she wouldn’t have seen firsthand how Eske worked. Watching her from a distance isn’t the same as up close as she had been and she wouldn’t have seen Eske do what she needed to win. Even though pain sears through her form, she can’t take her eyes away from the warrior. She watches her mouth form the words, though she knows what’s going to come out of them, but they are interrupted a beat later when a very unhappy, very pregnant Portia barges in.

If Thuringwethil had the words to speak, she might have snapped at the healer but she glares hard enough anyway to get the message across. Her interests may have good intentions but she is Heda. Her lip lifts in the beginning of a snarl but she does not proceed and does not chase the woman off. A warning, at best, but her eyes turn away as Eske begins to fill the air after Portia tries to settle and steady her breathing.

“Eske did nothing wrong,” she corrects. Not in her eyes, anyway. “She won. She is my Cheka.”

Thuringwethil knew there was a chance she wasn’t going to win anyway, but she knew if she played her hand right and knew how to move around the girl, she could have still taken her down and likely caused more damage to her ribs. Eske didn’t let it happen and she knows she’ll give her life to the job she wants.
Trigedasleng · Common
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
the display of dominance upon thuringwethil's face is clear, and portia pauses with a soft bow of her head before continuing to study the injury. she knows her place, and she knows the culture, but she was a healer and if they wanted anything to do with her here heda would let her do her job. "i don't blame you, hun," she said to eske, since her growl was merely to get her out of the way. she was upset, but mostly with the commander. she was old enough and smart enough to know to listen. broken ribs weren't just something you could stick a bandaid on and leave to heal-- they were a serious injury.

thuringwethil explained further, which forced portia to hold back a rather nasty comment. "congratulations, cheka," she said with a small smile. she looked back down at the commander. "but you shouldn't be fighting... it looks like you've agitated the breaks..." she trailed off, studying them. she let out a loud huff, her crown tilting back. one of the pups kicked rather rudely, and though it was usually such a wonderful thing to feel, this one was sharp. when she looked back down she focused back on thuringwethil, her tail flicking. "we'll need to wrap it again," she decides, still thinking, "and you'll need to rest more-- possibly longer, the breaks are probably worse than before." she decides not to tell her to let dio take over things like this, since that was probably an invasion of rank. she was ready to stick her nose in and tell the heda exactly what she wanted her to do, but she bites her tongue.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
sending eske on by request!

There’s a brief interaction between Portia and Eske and Thuringwethil doesn’t bother to address. Eventually, the healer’s sole attention turns to her and with a brief nod she points her nose and sends Eske away. She’ll be fine here and a guard’s presence isn’t as urgent within the pack as it is outside. Heda watches the girl leaving with a pep in her step and gives her a telling look before she fully settles on the other woman.

It hurts but she moves anyway, slowly picking herself up through the pain. The waves shooting through her chest reminds her of the day she’d come home with Hush and Tirgatao. This time, her head doesn’t hurt and the only thing she feels is the shooting pain into her legs each time she breathes. Even moving is too much but she grits her teeth anyway, stomaching what she can. After a moment, and a few shallow breaths, she finally offers in a not-so-unchild-like manner that she tries to cover up with a grunt, “I won’t spar again.”
Trigedasleng · Common
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
portia let out a small huff, a frustrated one at that. she couldn't argue anymore-- it wasn't her place and she didn't have the energy. heda agreed, she didn't have anymore reason to fight it anyway. "no painkillers?" she asked, a slight reiteration of the last time this happened-- though she was pretty positive she knew the answer. the fisa sucked in a breath and nodded, helping the commander to her feet and moving beside her as they went along. "i'll need to get someone to help me reset the break," she thought aloud, eyeing thuringwethil if she had anything to say, "is your head okay?"
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Portia doesn’t seem entirely satisfied with her answer but Thuringwethil does not try to further placate her. She won’t spare anymore, will limit her movements, and though there is little to do but time, it’s all she has to give. When asked about the painkillers, Thuringwethil just shakes her head no. She’d trained for months prior to becoming Heda, had been allowed painkillers than, but she did not have to take on the weight of the rest of her clan until she’d been eight months old, ascending to commander.

“My head is fine,” she says. It has been some time since she’d had a headache but she hasn’t forgotten the feeling. Carefully, she readjusts her posture and stands, letting Portia lead her to someone that can help reset them—assuming she doesn’t talk her out of it first.
Trigedasleng · Common