Dragoncrest Cliffs New faces, new places
31 Posts
Ooc — Lia
All Welcome 
It was so different here! Even Mama was different, but in a good way. She was happy again, and smiling. She played with them again! It was hard to remember that she had played with them before, but he did remember. He remembered a hole in the ground and other wolves before all the walking, but he didn't think it was as good as here. Mama even let him walk around on his own!

He used to have to stay beside her but not now, now he can go places even when she doesn't. She sometimes goes places alone too, which is scary and fun all at once. Even he and Nattah were going places without each other, which seemed even strangerer. He knew he wasn't allowed to go a certain way, Mama had told him that Thur'n had said to not until they'd been with the pack for a while. So instead, he was walking around the lake their home was near, hoping to meet someone new. He wanted to make more friends and learn more things. 

He didn't hear anyone nearby, so rather than just keep walking he drew in a big breath and released a loud yell. "HELLO?" There. Someone would have to hear that!
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
There was often little for him to do, the task of patrolling having been abandoned. Several days had gone by since his last visit to the borders, allowing for his routine to return to normal; Alexander had always found border patrols to be quite the bore, and so he was somewhat glad to not have any reason to complete some of his own. Rather than lingering on the outskirts of the territory, he’d taken to the inner reaches, where he wandered without a destination. He had an urge to venture beyond the territory, perhaps see if he might be able to find his brother lingering nearby again, but opted instead to trek towards the lake. It didn’t call to him as Greatwater once had, nor did he find it particularly appealing, but it was capable of quenching his thirst and that was all he really cared about.

Approaching the lake with the assumption that he was alone, the sudden shout made his head snap up, gaze surveying his surroundings until they landed on a munchkin. Having not paid much mind to the area previously, he’d missed out on spotting the child prior to him yelling; had he been aware of the other boy, he would have walked off in the opposite direction. Instead, he only stood there, staring in the direction of the young wolf and wondering where it had even come from.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
31 Posts
Ooc — Lia
His voice pierced the air and bounced over the lake. He was surprised by how loud it seemed, and grinned at a job well done. He was quiet as he listened for a reply, turning to gaze out towards the lake. Already his mind was shifting to the excitement of hearing his echo again, search for a friend forgotten. He opened his jaws to yell something else, something funny, when he caught sight of a white wolf near the water. The wolf was watching him and Elohim's eyes went wide and his tail flew up. His voice came rushing out again, bouncing into life with the shrill and loud joy only a child can muster. "HEY!"

He charged towards the man, sure that he had only been waiting for Elohim to notice him. His little tail waved at the speed of sound as he scrambled over, mouth parted in a grin. He skid to a stop a little bit aways from the man, suddenly wondering if maybe he should make sure he wasn't a bad stranger. He smelled like the pack, though, and Mama had said the pack was safe. She wanted them to meet new wolves.

"Hello, mister." He called out, much quieter this time, voice still brimming with barely subdued excitement. "My name's Elohim. I live here now! Thur'n let me 'n Mama and Nattah live here with her, she's my friend." His chest puffed with pride and he beamed at the stranger. He grew silent for a moment, and then, after considering. "...Do you want to be friends too? I don't have many..." He trailed away realizing that didn't sound very good, shrugged a little. "But only 'cos we just got here, and we didn't see any wolves before."
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Noticed, he had but a moment of silence before another shriek left the child’s mouth. Pulling his ears back, he stared at the boy, a scowl threatening to tear across his features. Pushing the air from his lungs in a haughty huff, he took a step back as the smaller male slid to a stop, gaze narrowing. The greeting offered was not returned, Alexander having instead chosen to keep quiet—for the moment, that is. He gave the whelp a once-over, discreet but effective. He spoke of being one with the pack, a comment that the albino saw as being rather obvious, and how he was friends with the leader. This made the yearling quirk a brow, silently questioning him. After considering it for several long seconds, the remark was disregarded, but not before first being deemed untrue; he knew little of the Heda, yet, given how she appeared, he doubted her ability to befriend a child.

A suggestion tickled his ears, resulting in him flicking the one. He did not understand the kid’s quest for friendship, having never really seen a need for anything more than family and acquaintances himself; Kendra was an exception to this, of course. “You can’t be friends with someone you don’t know,” was his response, voice flat. Never had he been particularly fond of children, though he’d known only a few. Looking at Elohim, he was momentarily reminded of Seff, which made him wonder. Perhaps he could give Seff’s old role to the new child, though he knew not how well that would go over with the rest of the pack. Still, he considered it silently, almost forgetting that he wasn’t alone.
31 Posts
Ooc — Lia
The new wolf was quiet, and he fidgeting, wondering why he wasn't talking. His brow creased in concern as he waited, staring up at the other. Finally a simple answer emerged and Elohim's brow creased a little further. He glanced towards the ground, undoubtedly a little saddened by the lack of interest in his friendship. He swallowed and shrugged his shoulders a little, tilting his head.

"Then...tell me your name too, and...then I'll know you." He pressed, his eagerness dampened. His voice was questioning, suddenly much quieter and slower than it had been. "Right?"
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The child continued, pressing for a response that might soothe him—something that Alexander could not provide. With a single, swift swish of his tail, he looked passed the boy, seemingly disinterested in his presence. As he did so, he said, “That’s not how it works.” Perhaps he could have humoured the kid, played along with a smile of false contentment spread across his lips, but lying was not something that he was willing to do; it wasn’t the act of lying itself that kept him honest, but his hatred towards the idea of pretending simply to please someone that he didn’t care about. Glancing back at the smaller canine, his expression was rather lackluster, unimpressed and unconcerned.

“Knowing someone’s name doesn’t mean you know them,” stated the albino, snarky and unfiltered. “You would know what everyone calls me, but not what I’m like. I could be a killer, for all you know.” Was his goal to scare Elohim? No, not at all. Did he try to dull his words to lessen the possibility of doing so? Again, no. “But you don’t care about that,” Xan continued. “All you care about is making friends—which is stupid.” Having only a single friend in life—one of which he didn’t even want as just a friend—he couldn’t see any reason to have a large group of wolves that could hold said title. It seemed like a task not worth completing, accompanied by the forced meetings between two or more individuals. This, however appealing it might be to some, made him want to lash out and sink his teeth into something.
31 Posts
Ooc — Lia
The male still seemed disinterested in him, staring off past Elohim even as the boy stared up at him. Elohim's ears titled backwards slightly, suddenly unsure of himself and no longer confident. He didn't know anything about making friends, honestly. Maybe this man was right.

The man started to explain though and Elohim listened intently, his little tail dropping from its formerly happy state. The statement about being a killer brought only a brief moment of fear. He reminded himself that this was Thur'n's home and she wouldn't let a killer roam around inside it. She said they were safe here, and he believed her. His brow furrowed slightly as the male said making friends was stupid. 

"Heda wouldn't let a killer in here." He said, his voice firm and assured. "She said we were safe, so we are. She is my friend and I know her, she wouldn't lie." He stared a little defiantly at the male, upset by the implication that Thur'n would lie to him, Nattah and his Momma. 

His bluster extended only to that, however, only to the defense of his first friend. And he was not upset enough to walk away from this male, even if he wasn't being the most receptive. "And why?" His voice came out a moment later, half curious and half challenging. "Whys' it stupid to make friends? Friends help you, you can tell jokes with them and play with them." His tail gave a happy little twitch at the thought before he regained his focus. "Why do you have friends, then, if it's stupid?" 

He assumed, of course, everyone had friends. Who wouldn't? 

posting from my phone hope it's okay!