Golden Glade How can I ever be a normal pack member?
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Private 
Papa thread! @Reek

Tapat was often found in the area around the den. He was getting more familiar with these woods, as it took a longer time for him to get familiar with certain places. The pup was often quite worry free. But he was starting to notice the influx of warrior trainings. Every time his mother spoke begin stance he didn't know what he needed to do. He would have to look at his brother. His perfect brother. Tapat loved his brother, and he could never hate him. But he also wanted to be good at something. The only thing he was good at was forgetting.

He bit his bottom lip as he laid in the entrance to the den. He wondered how he could start to remember or why he couldn't remember things in the first place. When he thought of warrior techniques his mind drew a blank. What would be his role in this pack if he couldn't even remember what his task was. The pup felt useless and a burden.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
It was by coincidence that Reek ran into his son by the den site. He had just come back from a quick dip in a nearby stream where the woods grew thick, hiding a little alcove that was perfect for some R&R. Though he had shaken himself dry to the best of his ability he was still utterly soaked; dripping, and leaving a damp trail behind him wherever he went. But right now, all that was on Reek's mind was the prospect of a nice, long nap. He hoped Jhala felt the same, so he thought to seek her out at the rendezvous site. He didn't see her around, but he could smell that she was somewhere nearby.

She could join him on her own time, he figured. It was then that he saw Tapat. The first thought that popped into Reek's head was something along the lines of: holy shit, they've gotten so big. The boys had grown up so fast -- now, they we're nearly indistinguishble from the adults. Then, Tapat's forelorn expression finally registered with Reek. Feeling like something was up, Reek settled beside his son and asked, "Why so glum buddy?"
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat smelled his father approaching. He was not sure if he was happy about that. Once he saw his father Tapat realized that he was happy to see him. Maybe his father could give him some pointers or soothe his worry. The pup looked gloomy when he approached. He slowly pushed himself into a sitting position. The teenage shrugged lightly and battered his murky golden eyes at him.

"How can I ever a good pack member if I can't remember?," he asked his father. "Mama wants to train us how to fight. And fighting seems important but I can't remember what to do or where to hit, and....," he paused. "I don't even wanna fight," he admitted then, glancing at his father. He felt like a loser. His bother was good at all the things they asked of them.[/b][/b]
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
To be honest, Reek felt that fighting didn't really suit his kind natured son. But Jhala was insistent that everyone learned to fight, and Reek agreed in most cases. He wanted his boys to be protected; their safety ensured. He wanted them to be able to defend themselves as well, lest he not be able to save the day like he and Jhala had when Laurel turned her teeth against her own kin. It was all smart on paper -- but in practice, Reek was unsure what it would spell for his most fragile son. In practice, Reek could now see that it wasn't working in Tapat's case.

"You know," Reek started, "I think there might be some other things that you could do around here that could help out. I mean, fighting isn't everything." He would have to be careful saying that around Jhala. She was both primed and bred for that sort of thing. "Maybe we could learn plants. I was a little younger than you when my mom started teaching me how to be a healer. You could be like your old man, how 'bout that?" Hopefully, Tapat wasn't old enough to think that was totally lame yet.
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat perked up his ears as his father suggested that perhaps a healer would be something for him to do. Just like his father. He instantly felt a big pressure coming down on him. What is he wasn't good enough? Or couldn't remember the right plant and gave the wrong one. He let out a soft puppy sounding wince. He battered his murky golden eyes up at his dark-colored father.

"Dad," he sighed and cast his eyes down in shame. "I don't think the medical field would be something for me." Tapat did not even feel like explaining why. It was obvious, right? He was not good with remembering things. It would take ages for him to learn how to treat someone's illness or injury. "It is okay, Dad. I think I just have to live with the fact that I won't be good at anything."