Silver Creek Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
He was growing larger and larger every day, his large was already odd for his age. Despite this, he was very quiet still. Less so than when he was born, but he still did not make a large variety of noises.

He snuggled up against his mother's side as they slept, until he decided he was bored of sleeping. He pushed himself up on his wobbly feet and blindly put a paw forward. He began to make his way to the exit of the den. However, due to his eyes still being shut, he was unknowingly walking straight to side of the den.

As he crashed into the side, the boy let out a panicked squeak.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
124 Posts
Ooc — n
Skylaris was woken by a high-pitched squeak, no doubt her son. He was beginning to grow more and more active, which was both good and bad. Good as in, he was becoming more and more independent rather quickly, but bad as in she had to keep an eye on him constantly, which meant no sleep for Sky. She loved him, of course, but having to wake from her very short naps every few minutes was certainly not much fun.

"Solly, c'mon, come back here," she called to him quietly, stretching her legs as she shuffled her way forward. Leaning her head, the silver wolfess pulled the boy toward her so that he lay on her paws. With a sigh, she began grooming his neck.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
Naturalist/Astronomer 0/5
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
His wailing was halted by a faint voice calling to him. His mother. Of course, the boy's ears were not perfect - he could not hear very well, but he did hear his mother and his head turned in an attempt to find her. It seemed that she found him first. He huffed lightly as he was pulled closer to his mother's warmth, and he gave a small wag of his tail.

It was at this moment, however, that he barked happily and his eyes opened. Not completely, but they were open. He screeched in panic, the bright colours seeming to blind him despite being in a shady den. He was scared! So many colours, so many lights!
But the rain never came
124 Posts
Ooc — n
When his eyes opened, Sky's first instinct was to bark with joy, and she was about to do so until she got a good look at him. His eyes, she began to panic. They're just like.... his. Nico. The father of Soltero - who was one of the causes of all of this. If he had just left her alone... then... she might still be a good pack wolf. She would have been able to continue life despite only having three legs... but now... She would never be the same wolf she once was.

And her son's eyes were a constant reminder of her pain.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Soltero let out a small bark as his eyes began to adjust to the light - but things were still blurry. Blurry, but he could make out certain objects and figures. Like.... he could see ma! With a happy whine he pressed closer to her warm fur, ignoring the look of shock on her face.

He couldn't see his eyes - he didn't know what they were like. At this point, he didn't even know what eyes were!
But the rain never came
124 Posts
Ooc — n
Her gaze was locked firmly onto her son's eyes - the apple green eyes that sparked recognition and an undeniable sense of fear through Skylaris. She watched him as he snuggled up against her, and for a moment the mother did not respond, before grief settled like a stone inside her belly. Sky, despite the clear resemblance of Nico in the boy, would not ignore her son. For she still loved him, and would protect him as well as she possibly could.

The dove nudged Soltero closer to her side, allowing him to suckle for a while as she gently smoothed down his fur with her tongue. She would not allow the similarities between him and his father to get in the way of her love for him.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5