Neverwinter Forest So no more counting dollars
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
All Welcome 
Any of the newer members so they can meet Fae/Belle? c:

Faeryn lay with her head on her paws, perking her ears at the sound of a bird calling. She was in her usual mood - quiet, brooding, sullen. Of course, when she had first met with Ondine she had made herself seem more awake and friendly, but that was only because she had wanted to get into the pack. No doubt, Ondine was a nice wolf, but Fae had no interest in making friends. She would talk to her alpha if needed, and if they passed each other while doing... wolf things, but she did not want to engage in a long detailed conversation. Her mood, too, had been dampened by the various strangers she had met while out scouting the land outside of the Forest. They all seemed really awake and bouncy - excited, even. Like... were they high or something? 

Perhaps Fae was just boring. In fact... she probably was. She wasn't social, she didn't like playing, or talking, or pretty much anything else to do with someone else. Except fighting - fighting was fun. But it seemed not all that many wolves enjoyed fighting, which the silver wolfess found strange. Were wolves not supposed to be excellent fighters? Oh well. 

She exhaled deeply, blue eyes scanning the land around here with little interest. Hopefully nobody would come and find her, but that was doubtful. Although, she had not caught scent of many other wolves other than Ondine. In fact... she hadn't met anyone else other than Ondine. Was there really no one else around?
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
w i c k e d
116 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
She, as well as @Kitsch and @Libeccio, has settled into the first with surprising ease. It seems to help that the wolves in the forest are few and far between and at first she thought the three of them outnumbered those she joined. At most, they seem to make up half the pack. She thought she'd been too reclusive with her little band at first but once learning the wolves of these lands are nearly nonexistent, she can't help but wonder about the strength and state of this forest.

In the meantime, she'd searched for herbs nearby and branched out of the territory when she needs to and Libeccio keeps them fed, for the most part, and they've used little resources not readily available.

She's even gone long enough without the poppy to feel the ache in her joints and frequenting headaches. West makes a note to herself to travel south by the end of the day and yet and find them again, hopeful to settle the anxiety settling in her bones.

West moves with ease and confidence, as if the forest as well have been hers. There is no one above her but the leader herself and West has no one else to prove herself to. The feeling is freeing enough that she feels a prickle in the back of her mind and while she needs to find her. either and talk to him, she heads for the borders instead. As she passes along, however, she comes upon another laying on the ground and she debates quietly whether or not to approach. She knows little of the pack itself and she exhales a long breath, keeping her distance from the resting wolf but not quite approaching yet.
do not think you are safe because you love her
do not think she will not stain her mouth with your blood too
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Faeryn, it seemed, was not in luck today. She caught scent of another just before they arrived, and turned her head to search them. She had never seen this wolf, but Fae assumed this must be a newcomer to the pack, which, while she herself was not bothered, was a good sign that the pack was not dead already. It had seemed that way for a little while now.

It wasn't that she didn't contribute to the pack - for she often did, bringing small prey back and marking the borders when she could, but there was only so much a wolf could do. Ondine, she knew, was still working hard to keep them going, but.... there had been no sign of other packmates. In fact, she had realised that their scents had faded and they had probably left now.

"Hello? Who are you?" the silver wolfess asked, voice neutral. Of course, she couldn't say that she wouldn't be slightly aggressive if that's where things went, but often the newer wolves were less dominant that those that had stayed longer. Who knows what this one would be like.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
w i c k e d
116 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
She seems caught off guard about her presence and West lowers her ears against her head to try and smooth over the response. Her tail even waves a few times again so that she doesn’t threaten the delicate hierarchy between the two. She knows so little of the forest and what it holds that she doesn’t even realize the woman in front of her is the only other pack member they have.

“Hey,” she says with a matching even tone but her ears slip and cup forward. She shifts with a little more confidence but she’s careful not to push too far. “Ponente. Ondine took me and my friends in a little while ago but one of them is injured, so I’ve been keeping close to her,” she explains, hoping to cover why they hadn’t met prior to know. Kitsch has most of her attention the last few days and she doubts Libeccio had gotten out there anymore than she.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The woman gives a few wags of her tail and Fae allows hers to do the same, simply so she did not come off as rude. Sure, she would have rather spent time on her own (for who was to be trusted in this cruel world?) but she could manage. ".....Nice to meet you?" She replied, listening as the stranger introduced herself and announced why she was here.

"I'm Faeryn - or Fae, whichever you prefer." Ponente... was her name? That meant West, right?Curious. "Oh. Well, welcome to Neverwinter, then. Will you be staying long term?" Perhaps it was better just to go along with it, and start a conversation. Plus, she was genuinly curious. The pack needed more members, much as she hated to say it. Because, to be honest, she had been rather enjoying the quietness of the forest.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
w i c k e d
116 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
The meeting plays out a little awkwardly and her brows knit together, uncertain how to take her new pack mate. She still introduces herself and follows it up with a question that would normally surprise her but the conditions of Neverwinter haven’t been on the up and up since they joined. “That’s the intention,” she tells her after a moment. Something sits rotten in the pit of her stomach but she does not voice the concern. Her emerald eyes, instead, flicker off into the distance of the way she’d been going and debates just leaving and going about her business. The other doesn’t seem as invested as one could be and she doesn’t find herself involved, either.

“How long have you been here?” she decides to ask, pulling her gaze back and presenting an appearance that leaves little to question that she’s actually interested in the answer.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The dove nodded as the wolfess replied. It was slightly awkward, for sure. Neither wolves seemed to be all that interested in the conversation, and Faeryn had a small urge to just leave. But then again, it would make more sense if the other left, as the silver fae had been here alone originally. But either way, it seemed that they would not end the chat just there. Not yet, anyway. West continued it with a question, and Faeryn hesitated before answering. "About two months."

"It's nice here, I suppose, but it's quiet for sure." The added sentence was really not necessary, but surely Ondine would want Faeryn to at least attempt to get along with her packmates? If she was honest, she was unsure why she was even still here. Just born a pack wolf, I guess.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
w i c k e d
116 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Awkward end for an awkward thread? :P Let's have a new one soon!

The answer is simple but there leaves little for her to try and continue on from. Generic words, no opinion. West hums quietly to herself and nods, glancing away. Her own opinion of the forest has already solidified and Faeryn does little to change it. “Well, perhaps I’ll see you around,” she decides with a swish of her tail. Maybe her brother will have better luck with their pack mate, if it is worth the time for the three of them, but she gives a little benefit to the doubt and a gentle smile to fabricate their relationship.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Yeah! Thanks for the thread, too!

There is even less interest for the conversation to continue, and Faeryn simply nods with a small smile as West speaks once more before leaving the silver fae alone again. The way she liked it. As soon as the wolfess had left, Faeryn's smile dropped and she yawned, curling up once more to go to sleep.

She did not dislike West. She was a nice woman, or from what Fae had seen so far, but the blue wolfess was just not the most social or accepting of anyone.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice