Wheeling Gull Isle wet
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
when she settled, he rose, instructing her on how she should act in respects the this ritual. she did not question it, instead nodding eagerly and straightening her posture, curious of what the ritual would hold for them.

in the previous months, aria had become more and more spiritual in the strangest of ways. she'd never changed her religious views, but over time she'd grown more and more in tune with it. perhaps that was why the set-up felt so familiar to her. the chants, those were strange, but she did not mind them. as he instructed her, aria followed along, her own voice unshaken and certain.

“Crescent one of the starry skies—
Flowered one of the fertile plain—
Flowing one of the ocean sighs—
Blessed one of the gentle rain—
Hear my chant midst the standing stones—
Open me to your mystic light—
Waken me to your silver tones—
Be with me in my sacred right.”

he said something else, something aria could not quite understand and something she could not quite copy. unwilling to sacrifice the success of this ritual, losing the potential friend and ally of this man, she stayed silent, instead bowing her head respectfully to the prayer-- she assumed it was prayer, anyway. and then, a final instruction. aria was not sure that she understood it's meaning, but the command was simple enough. she nodded, eyeing the gifts before the sand beneath her. she pressed a careful paw to it, and gracefully, rhythmically, began to scoop the earth out into a hole-- large enough to fit both items.

it was an odd task, but she did not question it. when the deed was done, she gave the man one last glance of reassurance and moved to pick up the body. with great care and concern, aria bit the creature at the base of the neck, harder and harder until she felt the bones snap. then, she began to tare at the flesh. she made an assumption, one that this was supposed to be a likable service, and worked as neatly as she could. eventually, the tendons and flesh and skin separated, leaving her to place the head into her hole. then came the heart, as he had told her. it was a harder task, but aria was sure it could be done. she tore the chest apart, searching for the organ that was oh-so recognizable. it was that she did her best to scoop out the heart, working around all of the weird intestines. she separated it from the chest, clipping it's ties to the body with her teeth. then, careful not to rupture it, she took the heart. it was an odd feeling, and she tried her damnedest to ignore the sensation, finally setting the heart beside the head so that it leaned up against it in the hole.

one more glance to the man and she began to push sand back over it, covering the items.
Messages In This Thread
wet - by Komodo - May 23, 2017, 08:53 PM
RE: wet - by Aria - May 24, 2017, 12:32 AM
RE: wet - by Komodo - May 26, 2017, 10:48 AM
RE: wet - by Aria - May 26, 2017, 11:17 AM
RE: wet - by Komodo - May 26, 2017, 11:53 AM
RE: wet - by Aria - May 26, 2017, 01:47 PM
RE: wet - by Komodo - May 29, 2017, 06:23 PM
RE: wet - by Aria - May 30, 2017, 07:49 PM
RE: wet - by Komodo - June 17, 2017, 03:25 PM
RE: wet - by Aria - June 18, 2017, 04:59 PM
RE: wet - by Komodo - June 21, 2017, 09:53 PM