Wapun Meadow and the violence caused such silence
67 Posts
Ooc — Melee
Sorry for taking so long to respond to this. I guess we can bump this up to a little bit before the pack disbands? My first post might kinda contradict this one, but whatever...

Time was a slippery thing, and even more so for Zombie as malnourished as she was; what felt like merely a few weeks to the yearling was actually more like a month. The hunger that carved at her belly now, that caused her to disrupt the caches she had created, was because Alo had not come by to offer her a meal in quite some time. If that fact became apparent to Zombie, it would only reinforce the odd behaviors she had developed concerning food.

As she was carefully pulling a hunk of weeks-old rabbit from the cache, mouth-watering, her ears caught the sound of someone approaching. Zombie abandoned the retrieval, spinning to see who it was... Alo, maybe, which meant she would need to deny the cache's existence. She had been eating everything; she had! But the wolf that greeted her was not Alo, or any other wolf she had ever seen before.

She bared her teeth awkwardly, and gave an unpracticed growl, "This is my food."

He gave her no response, other than perhaps an odd look, and continued on his way. For a moment her instincts kept her frozen—chase and show aggression, or simply continue chewing at the hunks of meat retrieved from the cache. In the end, hunger won out, and the pair simply passed like ships in the night.
Messages In This Thread
and the violence caused such silence - by Zombie - August 01, 2013, 11:50 AM
RE: and the violence caused such silence - by Kingfisher - August 22, 2013, 04:19 PM
RE: and the violence caused such silence - by Zombie - September 10, 2013, 02:41 PM