Wheeling Gull Isle and wildlings will run from you
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
All Welcome 
Hemlock may start allowing those close to her around to see the puppies, even briefly! Tags aren't required for responses, of course, just a welcome to the party! ;) @Tapat @Eirlys

Hemlock drifted in and out of sleep, mostly stirring when she felt @Droman or @Reed move - especially when they cried out. The pair seemed a perfect blend of Arturo and her coats, even the softest touches of Lotte gracing Droman especially. She still did not play favorites, especially when the two were so small and so tiny, her attention split between son and daughter as she tended to their every need. It was exhausting, motherhood, especially when she felt so....isolated. When the Lotturo's had been born she had visited frequently because of Eirlys - but then there had been a constant stream of Arturo and Chusi both before the darker girl had turned tail and her scouting trip became....something else entirely. She didn't want to get worked up - it seemed every time that her emotions rose the children somehow responded in kind, stressing themselves and whining, working at the furs that lined the den as if to take out their meager frustrations on the world. 

"Easy," She murmured softly, nose brushing across the crowns of both children. A simple instruction but they wouldn't hear it - they wouldn't know what her words meant anymore than they knew right then that she provided the world for them. It all came down to the sanctuary their home provided her, even if it still didn't feel like home. It still was so acidic the air itself was turned. She was tired of fish, but then sometimes she was brought hares or other kills and it actually provided her something familiar and almost welcome to her. She gave a hum, looking towards the opening of the den as she listened to the waves dance beyond her line of vision. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat was often around Hemlock's den. Not to check up on her or anything, but because it was familiar. The pup often followed her around as she made him feel like he was helpful. Now, however, Hem wasn't coming out of the den. She got lots of visits from others and even brought her things. She scented differently as well, along with weird noises.

After the repetition of seeing wolves bring her things, Tapat decided that he should bring her something as well. He often relied on other wolves to hunt, but when instinct overruled him he sometimes made a kill. The boy returned proudly with a vole. He went back to Hemlock's den, as it was custom to him to show her what he had done.

He came closer to the entrance and let out a muffled whine to let her know he was there. He put his head inside hesitantly, showing her he brought her something. Would that be the secret password to get in and see what she was doing inside of the den all the damn time?

Researched: "Voles are excellent swimmers. Species of voles that live near the water can survive periodical tides and flooding thanks to the ability to swim. Voles can also dive." So I assume they can make it to the island. xD
I'M A FLASH IN A CLASS OF MY OWN
110 Posts
Ooc — remus
teeny cameo :3c

the world is still nothingness to the fuzzy once-was princess. there is warmth (good) and milk (good) and something nebulous that makes her tiny heart race, some sort of tension that she is not developed enough to begin to process or put words to (bad). her mothers word of comfort goes unheard but the touch of her nose against her tiny head calms her. briefly. and then she begins to whine once more, determined to be the single most important creature on this earth.
61 Posts
Ooc —
Also a cameo!  Please skip me in the posting order -- I'll post occasionally when/if a reaction is needed. :)

Blackness and silence continued to envelope the boy, though a number of interesting things had begun to register on his limited consciousness.  He was beginning to understand the warmth and scent of his mother, and of course he was well acquainted with the milk she provided.  When she was away -- which was rare, but it happened briefly from time to time (i.e., bathroom breaks and whatnot) -- it stressed him and he would cry and crawl about, searching blindly for the warmth and the softness and the milk.  

He also felt vibrations.  Some were soft, some were stronger.  He didn't understand what they meant yet, but he nevertheless found them interesting and would sometimes rouse from sleep or pause in suckling when he sensed them.  

For now, he felt his mother's gentle touch atop his head and he stirred from where he lay, snuggling up to her belly and latching onto a teat to nurse contently.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Hemlock turned her gaze to Tapat, hearing his soft whine and offering a little crooning sound of her own. She wouldn't chase him away - he was like a child of hers himself, as much as she truly cared for him. "Careful," She did intone, her voice a bit sterner than normal when it came to Tapat. "I am still very tired, and they," She glanced over the children again with a fond smile. "- They are still tiny." So infinitely small that Hemlock could scarce believe that they had taken up so much space in her and now she felt deflated. 

Reed began her whimpering whines again, Hemlock trying to soothe the girl as best as she could although she was realizing that her daughter had no interest in being coddled. Droman by contrast was quick to soothe himself, taking to nursing like a champion. She chuckled quietly and chewed the corner of lip. "Are you okay, Tapat?" She asked, turning a bit so that she could keep an eye on the three of them at the same time. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat instantly froze when she told him to be careful. He lied down in the den entrance. His tail still wagging outside of the den. He watched the small things move at Hemlock's belly. He was fascinated. The den also smelled really different but he couldn't distinguish the scent. Tapat then very slowly moved forward and placed the vole by her feet before crawling back to his previous spot. "So you feel less tired maybe," he offered.

Tapat glanced at the little things again. Where they wolves? Where they in her belly? Tapat looked back at Hemlock when she asked he was okay. Tapat shrugged. "I'm lonely," he admitted, his voice cracking a bit. It was quite a mature answer for him. But now his long-term memory started to know more wolves he also noticed that they weren't around anymore. He also really missed helping Hemlock and being around her. "Mama and papa aren't here. Astik isn't also,"he added with a soft frown. "You are busy too," he spoke really softly.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Gods, how much she cared for him. She gave a soft sigh and watched him, appreciative of the offering that he brought her and finally breaking into a tired smile. "You are sweet," He always had been, and the fact that he cared to catch a meal for her did not go past her. Tapat had worked for this, and it would be disrespectful to insist that he eat the kill himself. Instead she might see if he would take some of it, but then her body had used so much of her own resources she didn't exactly want to give up the meal either. She reached out when he was close to press a fond lick across his brow. "My sweet boy," Hemlock all but cooed. "There is a little boy and a little girl. And once they are bigger you will be able to play with them and teach them." She promised. Tapat meant a great deal to her and she wanted to include him in the life she'd stolen them away to. 

She wished she could have given him the answers of why his family had chosen to leave - she was a greedy thing though, and she was glad that he was there and that he had not gone with them. "Soon I will not be so preoccupied." She promised. The children wouldn't need her as much - not once they didn't need her milk and warmth all the time. "What do you think of the sea?" She asked, wishing she could take his mind away from some of the darker points of their recent lives. 

193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat smiled bashfully at the compliment from the red woman. He wouldn't want to eat this meal himself. He knew that it wasn't the biggest but it was the thought that counted. He was pleased to see Hemlock eat and he even got a kiss. He hummed happily. "I'm very excited to play with them and be a big brother," he nodded and then looked at the small fuzzy things once more. He couldn't believe he had been so tiny. "They are perfect! I love them."

The great thing about Tapat that he was quick to convince to talk or think about something else. As soon as Hemlock changed the topic he was starting to think about the sea. "It is weird. I know now I cannot drink it. And well... We can't really leave because it is everywhere. But I do like it and other wolves are nice," he paused. 'I think....," he then added and offered Hemlock an apologetic smile as he wasn't certain if they were nice. Tapat truly couldn't lie.