Big Salmon Lake i threw stones at the stars, but the whole sky fell
12 Posts
Ooc —
He couldn’t help it. Finding someone with even a moderate interest in the stars buoyed Ira in a way he had not felt in quite some time. Sure, there had been others on his journey west, but very few. His excitement moved into his body language as he relaxed and loosened his muscles, smiling warmly. He adopted a fatherly tone when he spoke again, although not at all a condescending one. "Nice to meet you, Phox. I’m Ira." He swished his tail.

His interest was further piqued by the mention of a Sassafras who had provided Phox’s initial tutelage in astrology, wondering if she were still around to meet, but he figured it would be impolite to shift the conversation away from the story that was asked of him. And, after all, he was excited to tell it. "Scorpio is perhaps an easy to guess creature: the scorpion. His shape in the sky has his venomous tail curled over the line of his back." He raised his head toward the sky. "See where the top of that pine" (he gestured with his paw) "points near two bright stars? Those make up the tip and middle of the tail. Travel your eye up and to the right, and you will be able to follow the line of the back."

He paused for a moment to allow Phox to sort out the constellation, providing further guidance if needed. "Usually we can see 13 stars in Scorpio. Right now… looks about 8. The sky is good, but not exceptional, this evening for gazing. Would you like to know the legend of Scorpio?" He did not want to rush into all the information that burgeoned within him, but certainly had much to say if the invitation were to be accepted.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i threw stones at the stars, but the whole sky fell - by Ira Astoria - November 29, 2017, 07:08 PM