Blackfeather Woods i'm in over my head
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She searched for him now, the boy that her life had become so inexplicably tied too. Her paws were light on the forest floor, as she searched, thoughts buzzing inside the confines of her mind, ears flicking back to tap her skull on occasion. Her muzzle itched to howl for him, but his scent was maddeningly near, and she felt she needed longer to think. And thus she merely paced the woods, gaze flitting amongst the trees, seeking only to catch a glimpse of the familiar sandy-white pelt she knew so well.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He had little cause to remain, and yet here he stayed. It was as if he was bound by some thread of fate. No. It was because it was winter and he had little other options. That's what he told himself, though he knew in his heart that it was not true.

So he wandered. The Woods encapsulated him, all he knew, all he saw. He stalked the Woods with no purpose, as he often did. A wandering broken spirit with little ties to the earth that he was born in. He expected to simply walk until he was tired, go to his den and eat and sleep and repeat in the morning. But luckily for him he heard paws crunching nearby. His eyes and head shot to the sound, seeing the black figure of Vaati's prisoner-slave-whatever she was close by.

His body flattened to the ground; she was his prey now. He stalked after her, his training in the Woods and her lack of experience enough to bring him silently to her side as she turned her head away.

Looking for Vaati? He asked, coming up at her blind side, his body pushed against her briefly to subtly remind her that he was the big one here. Though she didn't need much reminding.
My mind is clearer now...

...at last, all too well...
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She would lie if she said that the male's arrival didn't startle her, and her fangs snapped reflexively in his direction, snapping on empty air when logic caught up with her actions. His actions screamed dominance, and yet she stubbornly refused to cower, so tired was she is the fear that seemed to have taken residence inside her chest. She stopped, looking up at the male and hating that she had to do so. "I am." She stated flatly, before turning and attempting to simply leave, though she doubted that the male would be so easily dissuaded.

218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He reveled at the sight of her fright, the startled look on her face and the reflexive snapping. He barked out a laugh, looking down at her, clearly seeing the anger inside of her eyes.

There's been something that's been bothering me a whil — ah, ah, ah! She attempted to leave, and Ganon quickly moved to stop her, pressing his body against her to push her in the opposite direction of her path. I'm not done with you yet, dear. And since you seem in such a hurry I'll cut to the chase: His mocking voice and face were replaced by a low deep growl, his body tensing. Why did my brother let you out and join us? He didn't trust her. He suspected that she was not as loyal as she might have been to Vaati, and that his elder brother was letting a little emotion cloud their true relationship — prisoner and warden.

v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She found her way blocked quickly by the male, spinning to face him as he shoved her back into place. Dark anger flickered in her gaze; she didn't know what the boy could possibly want from her. His mocking tone dissolved into a low growl, and her hackles rose, bristling along her spine, awareness flooding her veins. His question was unexpected, and she hissed, "ask him yourself." She had asked, and he had delivered, and she herself didn't know exactly why he had allowed her to join them. "are we done?"  she asked, though again, she doubted it. Obviously, the boy was not pleased in the least with her new status.

218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Ganon's lips curled as his question was deflected. There was something more both on his brother's part. No, He blocked her movements, mirroring her every move. Why don't you just leave? He hissed, not as a threat, but a sincere question. She had every opportunity, every right to leave after being inducted as a member, raised from captivity. You aren't a spy, are you? He laughed at the thought, his demeanor jovial once more, but it was poisoned honey. The implication behind it was all too real. Surely not. You know what would happen if you'd betray my dear brother, don't you?

v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
A growl bubbled in her throat, low and soft.  "I have nowhere to go."  She answered flatly, truthfully. Her family was fractured, broken, she the final to leave. She could try her luck with another pack, surely, but Vaati tied her to this place, along with all its twisted familiarity. His next accusation had her blink, shocked first and then angry.  "you're deluded." She wasn't sure if he was serious, or if his threats were meant to intimidate her. She was growing tired of the latter, and her gaze flashed with ire. "is that all you're here for then? making wild accusations and threats?" Her tail rose over her back, on edge. They held the same rank now, and cowering in a cave was something of the past, now.

218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
She was angry with him. He smiled at it, the complete control over another's emotions. Control was what he had always desired, and being without a purpose, even a minute one as annoying the everloving shit out of her, gave him no control over his life. Deluded? He parroted back. Have you seen where you are? You're in the headquarters of a murdering, lying, spider-loving cult of wolves. I'd say my delusions are far from the least practical.

His tail curled tightly over his back in response to hers. It was amusing, seeing how she had suddenly shedded the chains of captivity, as if the scars had not been left. His eyes met hers, burning into the green orbs with a silent challenge. Are you going to fight me?