Whitefish River honey, understand that i have been left here in the reeds
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori had not spent as much time around the edges of their claim since returning to her home. She felt pent up and a little agitated and knew that no matter what, her heat would be on her soon and that her mood would probably only get worse in the coming days. It meant she sidelined her way from the pack proper not wanting to lash out at anyone. She'd sequestered herself for every other heat and it was almost normal for her despite not wanting the separation. Before she found a place to hunker down, a nesting almost, she wanted a brief pass down to the springs. It would make her feel better somehow, she thought. 

The Spiritwalker took her time and made each step as deliberate as possible. Every pass of her paws was thought out, a particular placement of her feet and the sensation that rippled up her legs as each muscle responded helped to ground her. Catori wasn't too far - she hadn't even made it to the river yet - before she stopped dead in her tracks, thrown for a loop for an entirely different and unexpected reason. 

She had known Coelacanth had been near at a point, although selfishly she'd been fixated on Grayday and Morningside. She hadn't made the trip back to the island to see her and that was embarrassing - but to come across Amoxtli made her heart skip several beats. She let out a plaintive whine, ears pressed forward as she quickly bypassed her original goal and angled her body to track as quickly as she could. She'd held her breath and didn't even realize it, the dark figure of her cousin such a welcome sight that it near made her swoon. She let out a low call as she strode forward, not wanting to catch him off guard but so eager to see him that she struggled not to just knock him over by running straight into him.

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
Messages In This Thread
RE: honey, understand that i have been left here in the reeds - by Spiritwalker - January 03, 2018, 12:11 AM