what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
@Alya - did I spell it right this time?

Once more, things had started to turn. The wolves not participating in the war have vacated north and soon, those left will take on the unknown. They have not heard from their scout, either, and she has not gone out and sought him. If he has survived this long, she isn’t going to risk it, and she knows it’s possible he slipped up and they’ve already found out. No one has marched upon them in return, not that she suspects the brute to squeal, but the over looming thought her trust has been misplaced once more never quite goes away after a while.

Thuringwethil knows they will be on their way soon but this day she has time to move through the territory that she is allowed, before she scoops around the borders and heads west. The lake’ size surprises her when she comes upon it, most of it frozen around the edges. There are gaps further out, away from the island, where the water is too deep to freeze yet. The great size may keep it from freezing entirely but for now she’s still in awe. The lake in Drageda hadn’t frozen when they left but the movement from the waterfall may keep it fresh.

The large wolf skirts along the borders, the snow crunching beneath her feet, searching for anything out of the ordinary if only to keep her mind occupied.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Keeping things vague because I'm not sure how the thread with Vaati will end.
The frustration never ended. Alya didn't know whether to laugh or to cry, except that - obviously - it would be foolish to show such blatant weakness out in the open. So she slunk up to the lake that day and stared broodingly across it, pausing only a moment before giving a lofty, "Ha!"

None of this seemed ideal. Life had not been ideal for some time, but the dark woman had learned to make due with her lot in life. There was nothing wrong with her or her most beloved, and that was enough. Enough, but not all that she wanted. She would admit that, at times, she had trouble keeping the bitterness at bay. That was fine, though. She could wallow for a while, couldn't she?

Alya sat at the edge of the lake and began to groom Vaati's scent from her fur. It was a pleasant one, but she felt the need to rid herself of her crutches for the time being. There would be time later for comfort, when she was back within the fold of her sisters. She did not notice the other dark shape several hundred yards down the shore, and nor would she, unless the other made a sound to announce themselves or began to move. Like Alya, the other was dark of pelt, and would be easily discernable once she proved herself to be something other than a rock.
i can't help but be my own god
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
awkwardly closing with permission

Near the other end of the lake she finally spots the figure. Dark fur a blemish against the white background, mirroring her own imagine from a distance. Any movement forward is halted, tail idly swishing behind her. Not feeling particularly social, uncertain if the wolves in this area outside of the redhawks, and the few moonspear wolves she’s run into, she decides against pursuit. Thuringwethil licks her lips and slowly takes a step back, retracing her steps around the southern border until she’s clear from view.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place