Blackfeather Woods The notes I sing will set me free
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Private 
For @Kove - a little backdated to one or two days after they returned to blackfeather woods.

Koume stalked through the woods with her usual grim expression, brows furrowed and eyes as fiery as ever. She had to find the new leader. She could not leave until she knew she would not get into much trouble for doing what she was planning. Her other siblings had left, yes, but everyone seemed to see it as some kind of betrayal. She could go far enough and never return and then they'd never find her again. She could change her name and go up and live in those wretched mountains, seek a cave to hide in every night. But what she most certainly wouldn't do was sit around blackfeather and live her puny existence with the crazies of their brotherhood.

Kove? She called, looking around the forest.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There were things to take care of and egos to heal, as well as decisions to be made. Some had caught his eye, at one point or another, and though only a few remained yet he had plans. The ghost wandered through the woods, head held high, though his joints screamed in protest; now more than ever he could not allow his body to betray him, there were too many counting on him. And when he heard his name slice through the forest, he slowed, giving his limbs a moment to ease into the motion before his direction was altered and he soon stood face-to-face with Koume. He did not know the girl well at all, having really only ever seen her in passing. With a nod of acknowledgment, he slowed to a stop, his silence granting her the opportunity he assumed she needed to speak.
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Sure enough, the new Dark Master was quick to find her instead of the other way around. The girl barely minded that though, she was more than glad he was able to speak to her now than tomorrow even. She wasn't keen on wasting time on nothing after all, and waiting around sure sounded like that.

I wish to leave the woods. She told him, blunt as always. Let me explain. She added then, not waiting for him to scowl at her or something for saying such a "preposterous" thing. Sure this place was heaven for some, but she felt like she was dragging behind the herd, forced to be there by just her name alone. I want to find myself out there. I don't feel like the woods are a place for the wolf I am now. I need to see what else is out there. She told, trying to sound as polite as she could be (which was not a whole lot).
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The silence was not made to last long, her statement breaking it. That she wished to leave the woods was not so much unusual as it was surprising—then again, it really wasn’t. Although she was a Melonii by name, that did not tie her indefinitely to the shadows. Yes, those of her family would always be welcome there, but they were not expected to join or even stay—there were ones before her that had come and gone, so it was easy to not react to her decision. He did not even expect an explanation, yet he did not stop her, either, when she offered one.

As she shared her thoughts, he listened; he half expected her to say she wished to relocate to the pack that had lured away Potema before, but he quickly realised that was not the case. “Then go,” he said after she’d finished. “If you feel you need to leave in order to grow, then go out into the world. Just be careful—the world can be dangerous without a pack there to support you.” He was lucky, his youthful travels having never driven him into dangerous situations, but he knew not all were fortunate enough to have such luck.
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She was surprised not to be met with anger. Somehow she thought she was tied to their crows and ravens and all the creatures of their shadows. Seemingly Kove thought differently. Her usually stoic expression turned into surprise, disbelieve, as if he were pulling her leg. But he wasn't. He was serious about this. She didn't know whether to be overjoyed she could leave without compication or offended that they didn't even seem to need her.

I've survived a near-death situation before. She lightly joked, something she wasn't particularly good at. And I'm much stronger now than back then. I won't be surviving, I'll be living - thank you.