Blackfeather Woods i’ll take a pomegranate martini
4 Posts
Ooc — JB
Joining 
@Kove (i'm not sure who else to tag)

a heavy mist had descended from the mountains and clustered along the fringe of the dark wood; it eddied and cascaded over the course of many hours, clinging like spider's silk to the tines of the trees, forming a layer along the floor. within the mist was a figure. it moved about slowly, but with calculated purpose. it was a flash of muddy cream among the gray of the mist — a thin spotlight of sunshine within an otherwise dreary landscape.

the snow muffled the geriatric beast's steps. the slow drawl of his movement ceased altogether when he came across a fresh mark in the snow; it was warm. the daffodil-yellow shock of the urine upon the patch of melting ice was not something he observed, though. the smell made him give pause. he lifted his head from the patch and seemed to cock his head from one side to another, alert, listening carefully, and then he called out, hello?
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
( ・ω・)ノ

With a deary overcast overhead the world was struck by little light, made eerie, more so, by the descent of the clouds from the mountains. The world was turned greyscale, creating an ideal environment for the ghost of the woods to navigate; save for the fire in his eyes, there was little else to give away that a wolf walked amongst the fog, camouflaged and silent. He was wary, still, on guard at most times as he patrolled the borders. Although those neighbouring his woods had yet to make their presences known once more, he did not forget how close they were—he would not let himself be taken by surprise all over again.

A scent in the air drew him near sooner than the call, pulling the man through the mist as his hackles raised. And as the scent grew, intermingling with that of his urine, he slowed and lifted his head. “Who are you?” he called back, tearing through the last shreds of grey that attempted to hide them from one another. Through the traces of the veil that continued to linger, he could not see the wear of age in the wolf’s expression, only smell his sex and solidarity.
4 Posts
Ooc — JB

he stood in wait, but it did not take long for someone to find him; he braced himself for the retrobution that would follow if he'd crept too far, was on the wrong side, or they simply did not like the look of him. none such rage came. he was greeting shrewdly. the old man turns his head only slightly, his ears doing the rest, honing in on the stranger's position. the stranger's scent is everywhere and sifu knows from his many years that he is speaking to someone important.

i am sifu, he murmured, dipping his nose towards the soil alongside his introduction. it seemed obvious that sifu was here for refuge so he did not state this part; maybe it was his age showing, but he did not feel it necessary to mention. he does pause long enough to add, i wish to provide my services. but what could an aged princeling give to someone so young and hale of health?
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove remained silent as the other spoke, listening to his words whilst continuing to look him over; his sight and hearing were honed in solely on the male before him, searching for any untruths. In his years of living—once his years as a young traveller were set aside—he had learned to pay attention to everything, from the pitch of a voice to the way their bodies moved. The skill served him well and he valued it, especially in times as trying as these. For a wolf appearing outside his home so soon after a war could so easily be looked upon as a threat of some sort, whether they were there to attack or to spy. But listening to the elder man’s voice, hearing his offer and the untouched pitch, he found no reason to worry.

“Kove,” he returned shortly after with a nod. “What services can you provide?” As his eyes adjusted to the fog surrounded them, the fine age of the other man started to become apparent to him, though that mattered not. Kove did not think any less of those aged further than himself, yet his physical capabilities were something he intended to discover; even those, with the increasing protests of his own joints, he could not be as picky without claiming the title hypocrite.
4 Posts
Ooc — JB
he was content in knowing the younger man would give him a chance, and would not squander the opportunity. although sifu did not know of the difficulties faced by the forest pack of late, he hoped to do some good among them - and so, too, he was oblivious to their nature. perhaps in time he would regret his decision.

i am a teacher, flowed the lie, but it was couched in truths and would easily flow from his lips. i was taught of diplomacy and tactics in my youth and i have chosen to share my knowledge, but if that did not appeal to the stranger with the healthy voice, sifu added, and i was hoping to find a peaceful home for the end of my days. he knew that life could persist for a while still, but sifu had to think of his future and the limits it presented.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
A teacher.

Although, under normal circumstances, such a role was unlikely to find a reason to reside in the woods, Kove hoped to change that. His expression remained neutral as he listened, nodding his head to further engage in the conversation. He stilled, however, at the mention of a peaceful home; he told lies as easily as he found them but, really, he was a deliverer of the truth, and could not drag another into a mess that they had no history with. “If it is peace that you’re looking for, our ranks may not be ideal for you,” he stated, chin tilting briefly towards the south. “War found its way to our borders recently, and those enemies are still close.” Thus far, he’d not seen or heard anything that might suggest another attack, but that did not mean one was not coming. He was a cautious soul, likely to remain unchanged even into the afterlife.

“But if that is something you’re able to ignore, I see benefits in you joining us,” he continued. “Diplomacy is not a concept known by many of those that are here. Your teachings would be valuable.” If he was to undo the damage done by the former, young leader, then he would need to better the structure of the pack; it was time that they learned more beyond the scent of decay and saw things greater than a splatter of blood.
4 Posts
Ooc — JB

it mattered little that sifu had just walked in to a war zone. the war that blackfeather had faced was over (for now) and the pack would need to mend itself, and perhaps that would give him some respite too. the other wolf admitted that this place was not ideal for sifu's purposes but he merely nodded in acquiescence, the corners of his mouth twitching in a dull smile. the only thing he really needed was rest and food; he was not so bothered by the potential for further bloodshed or the off-beat culture the pack may support (although he may change his mind in time). 

if you will have me, i will gladly share my knowledge, he finally said - leaving the decision up to the stranger with the strong voice. i have faced war in my lifetime. fought battles in my youth. i am not afraid, if that is why you share your caution.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The news of war and high tensions did not scare the man off. Despite his search for peace, he was not outright appalled by the distant scent of blood in the air, nor the words spoken of a lingering threat. “Very well then,” the northerner decided, head nodding. “Welcome to Blackfeather Woods.” He took a step back and swung his muzzle towards the treeline, inviting the male to join him. “Beware the weeping willow and rest.” Kove waited, gazing at the other for a moment, before turning fully with the intention of leading the new Tyro away and into the looming forest.