Dragoncrest Cliffs french people give me the crepes
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
Back dated to the morning after @Rose's return

Furi’s entire world’s been flipped upside down in a matter of weeks. There’s so much out of her control and she clings entirely way too hard to the things she can. Once Portia had her look at Rose, and they’d gotten something for her to eat, Furi refused to leave her side as she guides her back to her den to rest. Only through her insistence does @Blixen stay, too. They can’t leave their friend alone now.

She does not get through what few hours are left of the night very peacefully, settled protectively in front of the tree trunk. The morning sun begins to filter in through the trees and the distant sound of birds cawing eventually causes her to stir. Pale green eyes fly open and she sits upright, surprised to have fallen asleep, and quickly searches her surroundings. Blixen isn’t anywhere to be seen and her eyes widen, turning to the den to see the frail form of her friend. When she sees the slow rise and fall of her chest, Furi finally takes a breath and uses the next few seconds to calm down.

Blixen must have departed earlier and she frowns, hopeful she’d only gone out for her usual morning routine. Licking her lips, she turns and watches the other girl breathe a moment before she settles back on the ground and tiredly waits for her to stir.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Rose found it difficult to remember everything that had gone down in the last month, primarily because she wanted to forget it all. The details of what had happened in that cave were all a blur and the only proof that she had ever even been there lied only on her bruised and broken body. It ached just about everywhere, head, chest, feet, legs, the whole nine yards. Portia’s treatment certainly made the night easier but no amount of medicine seemed capable of easing the fears the russet girl held in her heart. 

Sleep came to her easily once they reached her untidy den, exhaustion catching up to her in a matter of moments after she lay down. Exactly how long she slept went unknown, all that she did know was that she slept long and hard, especially since it was the first rest she had in a month that didn’t make her wonder if she wouldn’t wake up the next day. When she finally did rouse from her sleep, she did so slowly, carefully sucking in a few breaths as she remembered the previous night’s events. 

She blinked a few times to rid herself of the goop that had formed in each corner of her eyes and immediately found herself searching for Furi, a relieved sigh escaping her when she spotted her friend resting just outside. It hadn’t been a dream, she was actually here. She inched closer to the tree trunk’s edge until she’s able to easily look out into the forest and more importantly, at her friend who she really didn’t deserve.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
It doesn’t matter how long it takes for her to wake, Furi doesn’t move. Even the swell of her bladder goes ignored. It can wait.

Thankfully, she doesn’t have to wait too long and she does squirm a little when Rose stirs, holding her breath and watching eagerly. When her breathing turns into something regular and awake, Furi shifts a little and lowers her head, waiting for her to come to on her own. She doesn’t have the slightest inclination what happened wherever she’d been held, isn’t entirely sure she wants to know, but whatever her friend needs of her, she will supply.

Furi opens her mouth to speak but nothing comes out. When Rose begins to move out of her spot and closer to the opening, she starts to meet her halfway. There’s no need for her to move if she doesn’t have to and if she does, she’ll help. Rose refusing any help, or not wanting hers specifically, doesn’t even cross her mind. It doesn’t come to that she should give her some space and let her open up as she wants but instead she shoves her nose instead, and gently touches the girl’s cheek.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Blue eyes remained fixated on her friend when she shifts to meet Rose halfway, a small yet grateful smile beginning to tug at the edges of her lips. She tenses up a bit when Furi moves to touch her cheek, but at the gentle contact she relaxes and leans in to take as much as she can from the calming embrace. Her eyes close as she takes in the moment, inhaling deeply as time seems to slow. In that moment everything seemed perfect. The way the sunlight seemed to warm her bones, the sound of the bird chirping, the crisp morning air, the pleasant feeling on her cheek. Her eyes fluttered open when the moment passes yet she doesn’t pull away, selfishly hoping to steal a few more seconds of the girl’s time. 

She knows she is going to have to address what happened to her sooner or later, but for right now everything was simple and after the chaos of yesterday, simplicity was a relief. “Thank you” came her quiet, raspy morning voice, ears sliding backwards to rest atop her russet crown. Her gaze shifts to the dusty brown of Furi’s legs, eyes staring hard at them while she tries to think of something else to say. Her mouth parts every few moments but the words don’t materialize and silence continues to wash over the pair.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Rose doesn’t move much more but Furi doesn’t expect her to. She hadn’t looked good on the borders when Ingram brought her and she doesn’t know what she went through but whatever it was, she wants to make it better. If she could erase it from their lives, she would but all she can do is offer to just… be there. Her smile tightens, her throat lodged with a thick lump.

“I’m sorry I didn’t look harder. I did look,” she whines, ears drooping and she closes her eyes. Had Rose thought they abandoned her? They’d spent so much time dealing with the Heda’s mate that they left their defenses down while they were gone and Rose’s life had been put at risk. She shifts, taking a deep breath and hoping her friend isn’t so mad at her.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Rose’s heart clenches when Furi apologizes and she feels the sudden weight of guilt press down hard on her chest. Why was her friend the one apologizing? She had been the one to leave Drageda that day and everything that happened after that had been because of her own foolish mistakes. “It’s not your fault” she croaks out frantically, gaze shifting upward as she searches for the other girl’s eyes. 

She had never doubted that Furi would look for her, but there was some relief found in hearing the words herself. “I knew you would” she lets out, tail giving a small swish as she aims to give a little boop to Furi’s nose. The atmosphere had been a bit suffocating so in an attempt to lighten the mood, Rose decides to turn the conversation towards a more positive light. “I’m glad to be back” came her soft voice, ears perking up a bit.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Perhaps if Furi had stayed behind, none of this would have happened, but nonetheless Rose tries to take the blame (in her own way) and she looks to the ground, not sure what to say. It took too long to notice she’d been missing in the first place, caught up on Arrille’s departure (and later, betrayal), that the others missing from the ranks went under the radar. How can she keep that from happening? Can she keep constant tabs on everyone so nothing happens to them anymore?

“I’m glad you’re back, too,” she says quietly, shifting a little to try and ease some of the tension built up. “Do you need anything? Are you hungry?” she asks, cutting herself short when she could ask an endless list of questions but hoping Rose will lead her should she need anything, even if it is for some peace and quiet.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Her eyes brightened at the girl’s calming voice, tail giving a little thump against the log. Portia’s treatment had certainly helped to ease any pain or injuries there had been, but Furi’s presence was the best medicine for Rose in that moment and she was eternally grateful to have someone care enough to be there with her. “I’m fine, you being here is enough” she admits, a sheepish smile tugging at the corners of her lips. It was strange to be so sentimental but it felt necessary to say, especially after everything she’d been through. 

Besides, even if she didn’t want to admit it, Rose was an independent stubborn fool who didn’t like asking for help even if it was being offered. She had depended on herself for so long and then being a medic on top of that, well it just felt wrong to suddenly be the one taken care of. Plus, Furi was just way too nice for her own good and Rose didn’t want to take advantage of her in any way, not after having ended in this situation because of her own mistakes.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Rose doesn’t take up the offer and Furi frowns. While she doesn’t want to leave her side any time soon, she needs to eat something. It’s apparent she’s been starved of food for who knows how long but she’s home now, with a steady supply even if they do not hunt. Her nose wrinkles a little and she shifts, moving to stand all the way up. “I’m just going to get something from the cache, you need to eat,” she tells her, steps forward and gently touches her nose to dark red spot of her forehead, and turns to leave without giving her much chance to object.

Even if she did, will she going to be able to stop her?

Furi isn’t gone long. She searches for something fresh along the way to the cache but she doesn’t want to be gone long, so when she doesn’t find anything, she settles for whatever she can find. A bird, likely something @Artaax stuffed in there at some point. Furi plucks it from the ground and turns, returning as quickly as she can and drops it nearby.

And if she doesn’t want it now, at least she has it for later.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Despite her objections Furi leaves anyways, and Rose forces a thankful smile to her lips when the gona returns. Not wanting to appear rude the russet kru nibbles here and there, similar to how you would when you’re at a friends house and the food tastes bad. Only difference was there was nothing wrong with the bird she was just, as strange as it sounds given her current state, not hungry. 

She continues to peck away at the meal throughout the day until there’s only bone and feathers left, eventually feeling full and somewhat refreshed. The pair spends the rest of their time lounging about before Rose drifts off into a blissful slumber, still exhausted and weak from her time in the grotto.