Emberwood Battle lines, her army gathers to her side
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Private 
@Koji @Clock @Arrille @Durnehviir @Constantine and anyone from RBF welcome if you can reply quickly when it's your turn :)

Just as she had thought, when they passed the beautiful valley it reeked of strangers. Chusi wasn't going to drag her companions into a fight about some piece of land she had called home only for a little while. That'd be silly. So they wandered about on the mountain, descending like a group of lost children, at the mercy of the elements and the lands she wasn't so familiar with. But there were woods. Woods were good, and so she led them into their dark clutches. It reeked of strangers, also here, but... was that the faint smell of tree sap and ravens? Could it be? It was only a whiff, but Chusi's heart was filled with hope.

'Think I know where these wolves came fr'm. Maybe they'll help'us. She told the others softly, or whatever was left of her group. She threw her head back as they reached the new borders, her call asking for the leader - could it be her father?! - and his companions to come meet them.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Joining 
While she left border-marking to Constantine and their comrades, Durnehviir tread deeper into the territory. She tested the area thoroughly as she loped in the direction of her mother's old den-site, nose to the ground and tail flagging over her lithe hindquarters. She trailed the length of her frame along every tree and rock she happened across, keen to leave a reliable scent trail for @Constantine to follow whenever he decided to join her.

The underground hollow she sought was as she left it the previous year, and this time it did not fill her with dread. Instead, excited anticipation roused the butterflies in her belly and she promptly set about digging the old debris out of the burrow. With the day of her pups' arrival fast approaching, she needed everything to be perfect and wasted no time in making it so.

She did not know how much time had passed, as Durnehviir slept soundly within her freshened whelping den when a voice requested the presense of those who'd newly claimed the Creek. The russet wolfess gathered herself and slipped out into the open, her muscles stiff and her mind still tired, but did not hesitate to answer a summons. First of her own pack to arrive, she hoisted her tail over her hindquarters and thrust her ears forward, pale gaze roving each unfamiliar wolf among the foliage as she paused a comfortable distance before them. "Who are you?" Durnehviir asked of them, her tone sharp as she considered the possibility that these strangers might seek to claim Swiftcurrent for themselves.
everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains
49 Posts
Ooc —
They continued their journey, which by the way, was starting to get a bit boring. The sights were totally worth it though, especially when they crossed over the mountains. Too bad the land was already claimed by somebody else, it probably would have turned out to make a totally badass home. But oh well, they’ll just find some place better. Or at least he hoped they would. Just as he was starting to get his hopes up, Chusi’s spirits seemed to suddenly brighten and the ember smudged male was quick to bounce his way to the inky girl’s side. Her call though, intended for a leader, brought a bit of surprise to his face and he barely had enough time to go over the questions swirling around in his head before the crimson draped woman presented herself to them.

His eyes instantly fell to her swollen stomach, something he found to be, strangely enough, aesthetically pleasing. Perhaps it was due to the fact that she looked like a total goddess, but Koji had always been mesmerized by what women were capable of ever since he was little and pregnancy just happened to be one of the highlights. He blinked a few times before shifting his attention to Chusi, silently wondering if she had mistaken this group for others since it didn’t look like red over here recognized her. 
rating: 3-3-3
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Clock had remained with the pack through the journey, sometimes lagging far behind them, and other times keeping close by. Before joining up with these others, he'd been on his own and was therefore comfortable with keeping to himself... For now at least.

As the descended into the dark woods, Clock moved in closer to his travelling companions. He could tell she was excited as she lead them to the boundary of a marked territory. Chusi let loose her howl, and there was nothing for Clock to do but to wait and see what would happen. Soon, the female wolf appeared and demanded to know who they were. Clock also glanced briefly to Chusi to see how she would react; it certainly didn't look like they were welcome.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
You aren't my father. You're not even family. Why the hell did I think you were.

Chusi was startled by the pregnant (she recognized the pregnant belly from Mother) female who came to greet them. She was shaken so badly she had to stabilize herself by placing a trembling paw backwards, bumping Koji accidentally. Can I make this work? Oh God, I can't go back now. What the hell are they going to think of me.

Uuhh... The usually chatty girl had no words to explain herself. Typical. How stupid could she be to think her family had gone back to the raven forest - to think they'd leave there again. How convenient did she make the world out to be in her mind? Hiya - I'm Chusi, Chusi Fearghal, and these are mah friends. That was one step into a direction. Now she just hoped it was the good one.

Did... Did ya guys come frum Ravensblood Forest? She shook her head then. Sorry - I thought y'all were someone else... Eheh... She forced an obvious fake smile on her saddened features. Great going, almighty Fearghal.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille had kept to the group, but mostly strayed a little bit off. Keeping to himself for most of the time, watching their backs. Then soon, they stopped. Chusi said that she might know these wolves. Whoever they were, Arrille didn't know them. And they were kind of close to the coast, but no anywhere he recognized. Where on the coast were they near? 

A female approached them, and Chusi introduced them. He watched the female carefull as Chusi spoke.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Durnehviir straightened her posture, tail flagging over her hear as she held her proud head high and thrust her over-sized ears forward. When she addressed the small group, each of the unknown males turned their attention of the young female - leading the russet Frostfur to assume that this sole wolfess had led them to Swiftcurrent borders. Intrigued, Durnehviir settled her pearlescent gaze on Chusi's fine ebony features as she made to offer a very awkward, rambled introduction.

"We did," the pregnant wolfess answered, her curiosity intensifying as her newest acquaintance included that she'd expected the Creek territory to belong to someone else. Nose twitching, her pale eyes roved over the other female's form - she appeared much younger than herself, and likely knew nothing of the pack Durnehviir and her brothers had been born to in the land she and Constantine had come to claim, so ruled out this possibility and doused the brief glimmer of hope that Paarthurnax' whereabouts might come to light.

She cleared her throat. "I am Durnehviir," she offered, noting the forced smile on the dark youth's muzzle that didn't quite reach her fiery eyes. "Sorry to disappoint you. We came from the coast recently and this land was vacant when we arrived," - though we wouldn't have hesitated to drive anyone out if it hadn't been, she mused - "Who are you looking for, exactly?"
49 Posts
Ooc —
Charcoal ears swiveled atop his head upon confirmation that this pack was indeed not the group Chusi thought they were. Of course he too was curious to know who she had mistaken them for, but with the misunderstanding having been cleared up, he assumed they’d be on their way rather than sit and have a nice long chat. He glanced briefly towards Clock and Arrille to catch their reactions or see if they had anything to say themselves, but his attention was quickly swept away by the ruddy leader. 

From the coast, eh? He’d never been there. Heard plenty about it from travelers and the like but had never actually seen the rolling waves himself. He was tempted to ask why she’d left, but now didn’t seem like the time nor the place. So he bit his tongue and licked his lips instead, head canting in Chusi’s direction when she was questioned, a curious yet encouraging look in his eyes. 
rating: 3-3-3
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Disappointment sunk heavily into the pit of Clock's stomach when Durnehviir stated, in such a regal and casual tone, that this land was already claimed. :No!: he thought desperately to himself. :No, no, no!: They could not have traveled all this way for nothing. The thought of having to travel on further nearly sent him into a tail spin. They were tired. They were hungry... and sore! He let loose a small, high pitched whine of frustration and shifted uneasily on his feet. His rust colored eyes turned back to Chusi, willing her to say something to turn this around - although he had no idea what that would be.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She felt incredibly stupid. But Chusi had always been the one to see bad situations from a more positive perspective. Perhaps their small band didn't need The Velingar. And perhaps this female and her probable mate could use some more members. Her and her friends were hard workers after all, and she could see they were all tired from their journey. How heavenly it would be if they could simply join this woman's pack.

'Grew up in Ravensblood Forest. I thought ya guys were mah family. That was a stupid explanation, wasn't it? sometimes hope blinded more than it kept you on track. She looked to her companions and her heart broke a little. She didn't want to drag them along any further.

We're all pretty tired lookin' fur a good spot ta live. She started, hoping the fiery woman was as warm as her coat. If ya guys need any mur members, well, we're here now, eheh. She chuckled. This was so awkward.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille huffed quietly. How much longer would they walk? How much longer would this journey take them? Did he even want to know or would that disourage him? He huffed quietly again.

Then Chusi seemed to have had a change on mind. Stay here? Well it was better than to keep going. And end up starving in the end.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Concluding this.  :)

The girl admitted that she thought they might have been her family, and Durnehviir found herself sympathizing. She was all to familiar with the disappointment that came with a fruitless search for kin, and thus felt willing to offer her support.

Her pale eyes drifted over the dark female's comrades and she noted the exhaustion that deflated them, before looking to Chusi as she awkwardly went on to request hospitality. Happy to offer refuge to the well-travelled band, she dipped her muzzle in welcome before seeking proper introduction and leading them into their territory.