Dawnlark Plains Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He nodded somberly at her reply "I mean...I knew everyone dies. I almost did myself. I just...it really never sank in that he was getting there. His eyesight was bad, he limped every now and then, but he was also...he had this energy. He just had babies, he found happiness with Catori...and he seemed so alive. Then he just falls asleep and...he's gone" he looked distressed at this. Maybe this was why it was hitting him so hard. His dad never seemed as old as he was, he never hinted at the fact that he would go sooner than anyone seemed to expect. He lived each day with energy and exuberance like Sunny and Dawn and everyone else did too.

"I went to go ask him something a while ago. It didn't sink in again until i had already began to walk toward his den." he understood what she meant, he often still had those thoughts. "Maybe dad will know, I'll go ask" or "Dad should know about this" and he'd go to tell him or he'd lift his head to summon him and remember just short of howling that he wouldn't respond. "He is still here though...in a way. We'll always remember him. Kitten,Eventide and River will grow up being told of their father. Cat said to me that's basically another way of keeping them with us" he mused, remembering how Catori comforted him when he found out about Keoni.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Messages In This Thread
RE: Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep - by Sunny - June 16, 2018, 05:05 PM