The Sunspire I wonder what it looks like from up there
Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Joining 
YOOOOOOOOOOOO This is ofc AW but I would love it if chan could reply!
There's no need to match this length because I'll definitely never be writing as much again lol

The last days of spring brought back a feeling that Pyro had fought against for moons after his departure. It was home sickness, and it was bad.

The young Rochester had found the world to be a wide and wonderful place, and he didn't regret his decision to leave home even for a second. He'd crossed steep mountains and deep lakes, followed streams down to the coast and traversed thick forests that drove back inland and opened into vast plains carpeted in the silkiest of snow. And the hunts! Oh the north was rich with herds of all kinds of incredible beasts, each harder to track than the last and more thrilling to catch! But at some point all of that was bested by an itch Pyro couldn't fight back.

He knew he was back in the Teekon Wilds at the sight of the Glacier, and for days he walked across the wilds until he reached the Sunspire range. That was the first stop in his travel schedule (which were usually disregarded). Vassa— Err...Tryp was —despite their childish differences— still by far Pyro's best friend, and Northstar Vale was the last place he'd seen him.

The trek up the mountain was just as much fun as the young wanderer expected, except he found absolutely no one at the vale... Pyro sat back right at the lowest point of the range, staring at the distance trying to figure out what to do next. That lasted about five seconds because his legs couldn't stay still for too long and decided that the Sunspire looked like an awesome place to look at things from a different perspective. So he trekked up that bitch as well, and oh surprise! What did he find? Well, no other than the scent of Mr. @Rannoch himself! Excitement took over the young Rochester and he picked up his pace to reach the smelly borders with loud barks and howls to announce his return. Perhaps Tryp would hear him first and they would reunite in a warm (and awkward after about three seconds) embrace!

Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Tag for reference!

Pyro's call had reached Rannoch just as he had arrived at the stockpile nearest to the den he shared with @Liffey. She was feeling peckish— read: HANGRY— and Rannoch quickly assisted with her request. As the familiar voice of his former packmate sounded, the Alpha paused, perked his ears, and turned towards the direction from which the call originated from; it was undeniable that the cry belonged to Pyro. 

Excitement consumed him, and almost instantly, the Alpha responded— I need to do one thing, and I'll be right there! He turned then back to the cache, rummaged for the plumpest piece of prey that he could find, and quickly completed his delivery. Upon returning to their shared den, Rannoch explained what was going on, and why he was so out of breath; he broke into a jog the moment that he left his wife's side.

The sun was just beginning to descend as Rannoch spotted Pyro in the distance and upon seeing his friend, he barked, "Pyro!" in greeting; the remaining distance between them was traveled nimbly. When Rannoch stood in front of Pyro, he greeted his old friend with a look of surprise as he attempted to catch his breath. "You're here— and you've grown!" He couldn't help but say between labored pants.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Rannoch's response was instantaneous. Diligent lad he was, just like Pyro remembered him, and hearing his voice again sent a rush of electricity through his body. The expectation grew as Rannoch's howl dimmed down to silence, anxious ears perked forward, but with enough time it became clear that his brother was not joining this greeting.

In silence Pyro turned around and sat down to finally take a good look at the landscape. Things from up there looked spectacular, exceeding—or rather crushing he young wolf's expectations. Pyro took a deep, long breath for the first time in moons... He was finally home.

Pyro!— sounds his warm, rushed voice from the distance, and the chocolate Rochester springs up and around with a wide smile on his face. The electricity is back and Pyro can't contain a little dance of excitement while his friend closes the gap that separates them.

Rannoch! he barks, and his own panting joins the party. He gives the other guy a thorough look and replies Well you're not exactly a little fox! with a friendly chuckle. What the hell happened to your neck!? he points out with an awed expression as though implying that only a tough guy would walk away from something like whatever that was.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Pyro's enthusiasm only added to the foundation of emotion that Rannoch had established on his own; he did a jig to shake some of his excess excitement.

"Some guy named Vaati ambushed me out in Firefly Glen while I was looking for Cypress," Rannoch explained. "But, it seems like you've been in a few fights yourself, am I right?" The nicks upon his friend were prominent.  

Rannoch did not linger on the topic of scars for long— the two men had almost a year of catching up to do. But, before they could even begin to recall their respective experiences, Rannoch couldn't help but ask, "Are you back here to join Sunspire or, just a visit?!"
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Their tails were dancing in tune, the excitement of their re-encounter flowing thoroughly in the air. It was incredible to see each other after so long, and it was true, they both had thousands of things to catch up on. Whoa what a douchebag! he said referring to this Vaati guy, and to Raanoch's own remark he replied with a shrug. They could talk about those things later.

The next question was a tough one to answer, not because Pyro didn't know the answer, but because he wasn't really sure about his decision. I think it's time I... Settle down, don't you think? he said, but Pyro had learned that he was an unpredictable creature. For now his plans were simple. Get back home (check) and find his family... Which in fact took him to the next topic...

He's not here... Tryp... Is he? he asked shyly, already prepared for a negative answer.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Although Pyro's reply wasn't entirely what Rannoch had anticipated, he acknowledged the thought with a nod. Before he could elaborate on his perspective, a question was asked that caused the Alpha to frown. 

"He isn't," Rannoch replied. "Tryp left shortly after you did, and did so without letting anybody know." 
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

And there it was. Vassago was obsessed with keeping Pyro tied down for some reason and it often resulted in them chasing each-other's tails. He's probably looking for me, he concluded, which in fact made things a lot easier... In theory. The fact that Vass was out there looking for him meant that if Pyro  himself went out to look for Vassago they would probably never find each other, which meant Pyro definitely needed to stay in one place.

That settles it, then. I'm staying, he announced with a smile, then realized he never asked if.. that's okay, of course?.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Deliberation went into Pyro's next thought, and while he considered his words, Rannoch waited patiently. After a recess, and when a conclusion was given, Rannoch couldn't help but beam at the response — Pyro was staying! 

"Of course!" he replied with enthusiasm. His next bout of the dialogue was almost automatic, as if this portion of the recruitment process had been engrained in his brain. "You'll begin as a Theta but, I know you'll contribute and climb the ranks." He paused then for a moment to see if his friend had any objection. "And I can show you around now." Rannoch motioned for Pyro to join him within Sunspire's borders with a jerk of his head.
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

With the announcement made and what looked like protocol successfully handled, Pyro felt yet again a jolt of energy run through him. This time, though, it wasn't pure excitement, it was a weird mixture of joy and anxiety and relief altogether, and it all materialized when Rannoch finally invited him across the border. It took Pyro a second, but he walked on to find his Alpha's side and walk into his new home.

So... how's the Alpha life? he asks with a proud smile, and the catching up begins. The two of them had certainly loads of babbling to do and they did so until the last ray of sunshine dimmed down on the horizon.

ILY