Swiftcurrent Creek and nobody knows what to do with the heat
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Her brother managed to find something unexpected to give her, but the sentiment itself made enough sense that she believed it; Swiftcurrent Creek held little for either of them, and his loyalties had never lasted long. It was almost a shame. She'd liked the idea of knowing where to find him.
Some small pleasure flickered behind her gaze at the knowledge anyway, largely lost in an expression best described as unamused. Impulsively, she opened her mouth to speak— 'Leave with me, then'— but the words stuck in her throat. He would not agree. The battle between her pride and whatever desire she still had to mend her relationship with Samothes was brief and decisive.
Her pride won, and her expression turned into something unreadable. I'm not surprised, In a way, it was true. She simply hadn't expected it now. Of course he had the sense to see what she saw at the Creek (nothing, that is) but she'd never known him to make a logical decision. Part of her had expected he'd hold out, from stubbornness if nothing else, until his apparent penchant for abandoning everything surfaced again. Or perhaps it already had, and she was simply over-estimating his decision-making skills again. Ah, well—
Northwest, She told him, turning to leave and wondering if she would stick to that path now that she'd announced it. No part of her expected a visit, but he'd know which places to avoid now. The shadow would not depart yet, not for a few days, but something told her to put distance between herself and her littermate immediately. The coast. Maybe Ravensblood— I preferred it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and nobody knows what to do with the heat - by Samaantine - July 10, 2018, 05:52 PM