Heron Lake Plateau So excuse us while we sing to the sky
89 Posts
Ooc — belle
All Welcome 
AW!
Grey clouds filled the sky when the young Blackthorn finally exited the den, boredom having crawled into his mind. In places a chink of light passed through, shining a golden beam onto the ground where Cinder walked and lit up his slightly damp coat. Despite the wash of ashen hues above, the air was still a little warm, summer's touch still present. The day was moderately gloomy for a warm day, but although it dampened the grass it failed to dampen Cinder's spirit!

He was in a wandering mood. His brother was off doing something, somewhere and so the youngster decided to take this opportunity to explore and perhaps come across another face.
for you,
there's nothing in this world i wouldn't do
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She was carrying a bone with her as she traveled the Plateau, attempting to find a good place to hide out for the day.  It looked as if it might rain and Fire, well, she fucking hated rain.  If she wanted to get wet she'd go for a swim, she didn't like mandatory showers that came from the sky.

As sunlight broke the clouds she saw a bumbling pup in the distance, and bone in mouth she hurried to his side.  'Ey!  With a marrow-rich bone between your teeth, you speak only in vowels.  She dropped it, licked her chops, and repeated, Uh, hey!

89 Posts
Ooc — belle
Thanks for joining! <3

He didn't spot the other wolf at first, busy admiring all the little things around him that likely would not interest an adult in the slightest. That was until he glanced upward, eyes squinting as he saw a bright, firey orange figure hurrying toward him, a bone in her muzzle. The young Blackthorn blinked, suddenly faced with a wolf he had not really spoken to before. "Uh... hi!" He chirped, deciding that they seemed friendly enough, however quick his assumption may have been.
for you,
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Was he supposed to be out?  Hey there.  Your brother is Tywyll, right?  Who're you?  She pushed the bone towards him, hoping that if he was anything like his brother it'd keep him occupied.  I'm Ceara.

89 Posts
Ooc — belle
Cinder nodded slowly, tail swaying gently at his hind. "Yeah, Ty's my brother. I'm Cinder!" Or Cin, but he imagined if she wanted to shorten his name to something she'd just do it. Then the youngster peered toward the bone, eyeing it curiously before leaning closer to sniff at it. Oooo. The boy glanced up at the stranger once more and then carefully dragged the bone closer to himself with his muzzle, paws wrapping neatly over the top. Ha! Surely he had something that Tywyll did not, now, and he could show it off! To prove he wasn't a loser, of course. "Ceara," The Blackthorn tested the name upon his tongue, trying his best to commit it to memory.
for you,
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Cinder.  You know, you don't look like a Cinder.  They used to call me Fire..... but I bet that one is obvious.  She watched him take the bone greedily, but at least this boy still had some kind of manners.  Yeah, 's right.  So, what were you doin' out here anyway?

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
89 Posts
Ooc — belle
Her next statement was perhaps the weirdest thing Cinder had ever heard! What did she mean, he didn't look like a Cinder? Cinder was his name! How could he not look like a cinder? The boy's brows furrowed slightly and he dropped the bone, gazing up at Ceara with a baffled look on his face. Was a cinder a thing? Wasn't it just his name? "W...What is a Cinder?" He enquired, tilting his head. Did it have a meaning? Was there something a cinder was supposed to look like? So many questions, questions that had never crossed his mind before - he almost missed her question.

"I was explorin'."
for you,
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Oh!  She'd had this revelation herself, when her parents had told her she looked like fire.  She still really hadn't seen very much of it and whenever she did she couldn't stick around, obviously, because shit was on fire, yo.  

Cinders, they're hot and bright.  And they're colored like.. me.  They're orange and yellow.  When they're all burned up to ash, that kind of looks like you.  She pointed her paw in the child's direction.  Y'all allowed to do that, now?  Sweet.  Where were you headed?

89 Posts
Ooc — belle
The youth's eyes widened with excitement as Ceara began her description, and his ears cupped forward to listen intently, as though enganged in a great story. A cinder... the boy was rather baffled that he had been named after a thing, and it wasn't just his name. He'd surely have to find one of these things... but hold on, what did she say? A cinder was hot and bright. The Blackthorn's brows furrowed for a minute, though he grinned back at her. "Well I'm hot and bright too, right?"

"'Dunno. Just explorin'. Do you know any extra cool places that I can tell Tywyll about later?" His mind had immediately changed paths, cluttered thoughts being shuffled around as the new subject was brought up.
for you,
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Not like that.  I mean.. they're like the sun.  You know how in the summer it heats things up and they burn?  And it's hard to look at?  That's what cinders are like.  She paused.  But I mean, yeah.

She clears her throat, and tilts her head.  Cool places, huh?  Out in the corner of the territory, there's a meadow with some rolling hills and some rocks.  Was that the kind of thing he had in mind?  Or, there's one spot that Towhee haunts in the middle of the lake, but you have to be able to swim and I'm not sure if she'd be cool with us just, showing up there.