Wheeling Gull Isle Cloud Watching
7 Posts
Ooc — Orca
Private 
She lay on her back, watching clouds as they passed above her. She was silent as she lay, from a distance one would only see her front legs pointing upwards as if they were a strange new sort of growth. She had not intended to join a pack yet strangely enough it seemed to have been a good decision. Before her life was about survival, she had never had the chance to learn or do anything else. Yet now… now she could broaden her horizons. She could take up a trade, she could start a family, she could form bonds with others. She had a place that had a potential to become a home, she simply needed to find her place within it.

Her hermit-like life had never prepared her for this and in some ways she feared that she would mess this up in some way or another and then be cast out. It almost made her want to leave rather than simply try… but she would try. She would try to fit in and find her place. But for now… she was not quite sure where to start...

@Rokig
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
The newest addition had not slipped past Rokig's attention, even if he hadn't had time to meet them yet. He simply had kept himself busy with his duties and picking up strangers. How odd for the once reclused, castaway to become a bit of a social butterfly. Not to mention he had somehow found himself climbing the ranks in Undersea. This place was doing him wonders.

During a break, he had spotted a strange figure in the distance. Front legs in the air. A puzzled look crossed his features as he carefully approached the figure. A low wuff escaping him as he halted a few feet away. Close enough to speak — not yell — but far enough away to still be respectful of personal boundaries.

You alright? He asked while one brow gently raised.
7 Posts
Ooc — Orca
Her ears twitched at the noise emitted from the male and she jerked into a sitting position, falling over herself as she did so before righting herself. To some it may have been comical, watching her attempt to achieve an upright position. An anxious look crossed her as she saw the male. So far the creatures her seemed decent enough… yet she had still not developed enough trust of the members of this strange new pack that she had seemingly stumbled into.

“Y-yeah” she stuttered, forcing a grin at the male. It was clear that she was somewhat nervous around other creatures, having always been alone she had never quite developed the ability to have a discussion with others. And so after her stuttered answer she stared at @Rokig with her forced smile and stiff body language. Not quite she what she was supposed to do, perhaps he would give her an order or something? Thats what happened in her birth pack, males only approached females in order to tell them to do something. The thought clenched at her heart, was she truly ready to give up the freedom she had fought so hard to gain? Had living as a loner been that bad?
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
no need to tag as i'm subscribed to my threads<3

He suddenly felt bad as she seemed to tumble and clamber. A soft frown etched into his features. Her stuttered answer didn't calm his nerves. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. He admitted in gentle tones. I just wanted to see how you were settling in. I'm Rokig. He didn't use any fancy titles or labels for himself even if he was proud of his rank. The Seawolf wanted to make sure he didn't intimidate her.

Slowly he settled into a sitting position, hoping that would calm any nerves. She looked stiff and that made him mildly uncomfortable.
7 Posts
Ooc — Orca
The initial fright of his appearance was wearing off and to some extent he seemed to be apologetic of it. This calmed her racing heart, so far this pack had not being like her birth group. They were welcoming and accepting of her, her birth group would never have done that with a stranger.

She offered him a weak smile as she spoke, her body language already beginning to relax somewhat. ”I’m Elenor, pleasure to meet you Rokig. she dipped her head respectfully towards him. Not quite sure of his rank within the pack but she supposed showing respect would be appropriate no matter other creature’s ranks. The move was forced though, not because she did not want to do it. Simply because the entire time she was doing it she was questioning whether it was appropriate or not and second guessing herself.

”I believe I’m settling in well… I just…. Well I’m not sure what to do with myself. I’ve been alone for so long that it’s strange to think that I can do more than just survive.” her ears flicked as she frowned at the thought, she wasn’t really an asset to anyone at the moment. In so many ways she was disappointed with herself because of this. When she realised she was frowning she wiped the expression off her face and flashed him an apologetic grin for her behaviour.

Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
Elenor. He committed the name to memory. A gentle dip of his head was given in a show of mutual respect. She was new but he trusted the judgment of Undersea's ruling pair. If Elenor was deemed safe by them, then Rokig would place his trust in her until shown a reason not to.

Her words soaked up his interest. It had not been long since he had felt the same way. Thanks to a certain inky female though he had quickly found something to do. You can use those survival skills here. A fight for survival doesn't end simply because you have somewhere to rest your head. We all must survive together. He spoke with a small smile. They had to take care of one another to make sure everything kept functioning as it should. There just happens to be a few added bonuses now. Like more helpful bodies.

What kind of skills do you have? The Seawolf asked with genuine interest. Perhaps he could help steer her in the right direction, or at least offer an ear for her worries.