Firefly Glen put your flowers in your hair, wrap your tendrils 'round my chest
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Private 

It was a beautiful evening but Ceara couldn't see it, too wrapped up in the revelations from meeting Siarut again.  She was consumed with remorse — there was nothing she could do about the situation, but it didn't make it hurt any less.  

She'd probably never see him again.  It was hard enough to trek so far from home to visit him, but finding out he was Blackfeather

Her ears were flattened to the sides of her crown as she collapsed in the glen, and she cried there beneath the stars and the heavy cloud of fireflies.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
It was a beautiful night, he had noticed because he could never help himself. Always laying and looking up at the sky before sleeping. The fireflies in the area only added the beauty but instead of relaxing he found himself grieving. For the first time he properly let loose, tears streaming down his face as he let himself process the fact that his father, his idol, his rock was gone and instead of properly mourning and aiding the pack he had done wrong and lost control, had hurt Dawn not only emotionally but physically too. He cried not only because the loss of his father but because the loss of himself. He didn't know who he was anymore, he wasn't happy go lucky Sunny boy. He was a childish and foolish young man who couldn't suck it up and grieve with the pack as a whole.

It was around the time he finally sobered up that a beautiful girl entered the Glen. He stared at her like she was a dream. He was used to finding girls pretty but this...she was magnificent. Her fur a mixture of flame and cream in a pattern unlike anything he had seen before. She was beautiful and she was...crying. He flattened his ears back and stood up, giving  a small whine to announce his presence. The reds of his eyes showed and his cheek fur soaked from his own tears making it evident what he had been doing. He hesitantly approached "Hey...Are you alright?" he asked softly, studying her with a sympathetic gaze.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She bristled before the moonlight reflected the tears on the boy's cheeks and at once she felt a strange solidarity with this strange apparition.  Are you? she called back, attempting to quell the trembling in her voice.  

As she looked him over, painfully he reminded her of Screech; beneath the moonlight his eyes were almost the same kind of pendulous, haunting orange, and they had the same variegated smattering of grey.  Her heart caught in her chest, and she swallowed it down hard.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
She avoided his question, instead returning it. His tail drooped and he flicked his ears with hesitation before he sagged and shook his head. "No. Not really. Story for story? I...heard you crying" he asked, taking a step further. He could go without talking about it, but he would feel bad leaving such a pretty woman out here alone in her grief. He knew how it sucked to be without any company, familiar or not when you had some massive internal pain.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
She avoided his question, instead returning it. His tail drooped and he flicked his ears with hesitation before he sagged and shook his head. "No. Not really. Story for story? I...heard you crying" he asked, taking a step further. He could go without talking about it, but he would feel bad leaving such a pretty woman out here alone in her grief. He knew how it sucked to be without any company, familiar or not when you had some massive internal pain.

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She figured it was answer enough.  She allowed him to take his steps closer as she remained sprawled on the grass, and sphynxlike she raised her head up to see him better.  She was embarrassed enough she had been crying, but at least she found someone who might.. get it.

It's stupid.  I just want someone.. to want me.  It wasn't the whole truth, or even most of the truth — surely, it was the weight of Raven's injury and Tuathal coming home and Niamh blowing up at her and the decision to abandon Screech all coming together.. but for whatever reason, all she could picture was Siarut choosing his family (and her choosing hers), and Niamh and Screech holed up in their stupid little den together.  I want to be enough.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny flushed at her response. How to go about this without sounding pervy or sounding like a lovestruck puppy? He released a sigh and came closer till there was a about three feet seperating them and lowered himself to the ground. "You are beautiful and so far, kind. I can't see why anyone wouldn't want you" he began almost hesitantly. He had never flirted and probably couldn't do so now, plus it didn't seem right to try. "If someone can't find your kindness and beauty to be enough, then they are stupid. You seem smart as well...smart,beautiful, kind ladies are amazing" and there was the awkward bumbling speech that made what should be sweet kinda dopey. He cringed at himself and hoped she wouldn't be weirded out by his lack of suave.

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

His response caused something to hit her stomach hard, it twisted and knotted in a number of ways that she didn't dare try to untangle.  Her argent gaze softened as he attempted to spin her words of silk, and although it wasn't exactly the most suave thing she had ever experienced (again she was reminded of Screech and his up-front attitude), she admired his courage.

That was something at least he had.  She'd never even dared to tell Siarut how she felt about him and now it was too late or too tangled; maybe both.  Story for story, she asserted softly, crawling across the ground to close the last bit of space between them.  She scented him but couldn't discern his origins and left it there.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
She fell silent and stared and he felt like he could dig a hole and bury himself in it, taking it to mean he had wrecked the chance of getting a pretty girl to like him. Then she came close and he was very confused. Weirded out chicks didn't crawl closer and get your scent did they? He also sniffed her and smelled pack but it was one he didn't know so he shrugged it off. When she asked for his story he frowned and looked at his paws. "I..my dad died suddenly leaving behind me, my sister, his mate and small pups. It shook us all but I ...i couldn't handle it. I kinda snapped, went off. Took it out on Daw- my sister. Hurt her. Got kicked out for a bit." he explained and exhaled. He wondered how she'd see him now, one who attacked his own sister. "I feel so bad. I didn't mean it, not one bit. I love Dawn, she's ...all i have. Yet I'm stupid and immature" his voice turned into a self hating growl before he fell silent and flattened his ears back, unable to look at her.

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She could only smile at his story.  You know, my brother did something similar, but it was over something much more trivial than that.  He didn't wanna be called Tadpole anymore.  She rolled over onto her back and nestled into this stranger who was so willing to give into her desires.  And I stayed back for a while.  Mom and Dad were so upset.  But you know what?  They just wanted him to come home.  She did not supply that Tuathal was still out there — was still with her — because it was not necessary.

I'm sure when you decide to go back, she'll forgive you.  You're family, and that's what family does.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He gave a blink of surprise when she understood. He exhaled with relief, feeling a bit of hope that maybe he could fix this. He would spend years proving himself to Dawn if that's what it took and he would be the kind of family she could trust in and confide in. He would be someone who wouldn't leave and who she wouldn't have to kick out.

When she nestled into him he, turned his head so he was looking down at her. Hesitantly he lowered his head and touched his nose to the crook of her neck, nuzzling gently before pulling away. He was unsure why he did this, there was a weird sensation in his body and he found he liked her. He enjoyed her company and her beauty. "I'll go back when I'm sure that I can handle myself. I don't want to cause anymore hurt." he murmured. "I'm Sunny Morningside by the way. What's your name?" he asked her curiously.

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Sunny Morningside.  Was that fake?  That had to be fake.  Every nerve ending sparked to life as she felt the warmth of his breath behind her ear, and it showed in the way her guard hairs bristled beneath his embrace.  She gave him a watchful look, a playful grin on her lips as she supplied, Fire Blackthorn.

Nervously, she chewed the inside of her lip to keep from shaking before she repositioned herself to groom the dense fur between his shoulderblades, hoping to alleviate some of the tension.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The reaction to his touch made him pause, studying her to get a feel for whether the bristling was hostile or something else. She didn't look pissed, so he decided it was something else though what he didn't know. She gave her name and he grinned, that famous lopsided goofball smile of his "That fits you well. You look like a fire. You're warm like a fire" his voice took on a note that startled even him, slightly husky. 

As she began to groom him he stiffened, muscles quivering as his body reacted entirely differently to this grooming then when a friend would do it. He released a low and shaky sigh, closing  his eyes and trying to smother the groan that tried to escape as he focused on the feeling of her tongue.

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She liked feeling him melt underneath her because it made her feel in control.  She felt desired by this stranger, this beamer boy that came to life between the fireflies to show her that she was wanted.  

As she felt the muscles at his shoulders roll beneath her touch, she moved upwards along his neck until she was working at his jaw; briefly she imagined Siarut, then Niamh.  

Does it feel good?  Her voice was breathy when it came, muzzle now resting at the base of his ear.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Just as he was fighting for control of his body she began to head north, up his neck and he almost gave a low groan at the sensations it caused. He opened his eyes and looked upward, a sort of an Oh my god silent gesture toward the stars. The mixture of her breath against his fur and her tongue licking patterns in his fur drove him wild and he found himself wanting her. His brain was just as mushy as his body was and when she whispered a question in a way he could only describe as sexy, he did groan. "better than anything I've felt before" he said honeslty, turning his face so his maw pressed against the side of her neck. He followed his instincts and desires, licking and nibbling at the crook of her throat slowly. 

He continued his attentions until he reached her ear where he ever so gently took the velvety Aud between his teeth and nibbled carefully, his breath exhaling against the sensitive hairs along the inside. A faint sense of consciousness began to aggravate his lustful mind but for the moment he ignored it, giving a low growl that was part desire and part want.

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She felt the muscles tense in her lower abdomen — wait, no, lower — as he took the bulb of her ear in his mouth.  ah — ! she exclaimed, leaning against him.  She didn't really know what she was supposed to do, she just knew she wanted him to be all over her because oh my god.  

His growls caused her guard hairs to spring to life, but she melted beside him.  In response came a soft, pleading whine — if he knew what came next, she wanted it.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He knew what was happening and he wanted it, her cry only urging him forward. He rolled to his feet and nibbled down her neckline, his tongue rasping against her flesh a few times before he continued down her spine. Once at her tail he gave it a sharp nip and nuzzled her rear slowly, closing his eyes and...

being greeted with the image of Aliac in the same position and the yearning to do such a thing to her. He gasped and lifted his head, body warring with emotions. He didn't want to leave Fire hanging like this, he didn't want to be another one to make her feel unwanted but...he knew he couldn't do this to Aliac. He may not be mated to her but they had shared that they liked one another. "Fire..I...I can't. I want you so so badly, you're beautiful and I really enjoy what we're doing its just...I've realised I have someone else." he panted out, his eyes filled with sadness and guilt. He stepped away from her "I'm not mated. I'm just confused and I...I want to save myself for her." he winced inwardly at the admission of his virginhood and then stayed still, waiting for her to yell at him or be upset.

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

He worked his way back to where she was sweet and tender, and her hummingbird heart was caught in her throat as she gave a pitched, needy whine.

And then — oh.  Maybe she should've expected this, because it seemed too convenient.  She pulled her head from the clouds and ignored the way her body screamed to be touched and stood abruptly, cracking the arch of her pelvis against his jaw.  Her eyes raked over his form and the moonlight reflected off of his erection, and her lips curled in a smirk filled to the brim with malice because right now the only other option was to be hurt... and she couldn't let him see that this killed her.

Whatever, dude.  She snorted, tail raised as she began to walk away, making sure to roll her hips as she went because if he was gonna pass this up (whatever that meant, she still wasn't quite sure) she'd make sure he regretted it.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
His body ached with the sudden loss of stimulation and he still struggled to catch his breath. When she caught him in the jaw he winced and backed away further, feeling awful about what he'd done. He had told her she was beautiful and showed he wanted her and then just....stopped. When she gave him a nasty look he hung his head, tail dropping and watched her stalk off. Sashay was more like it, the way her hips moved was entrancing. His eyed followed their movements as she walked away and he found himself regretting the choice to call off the act.