Wheeling Gull Isle beware the man who has everything
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
He had abandon his spot at the lagoon to find a more comfortable place, somewhere where the sands were a bit softer and not so many rocks. Lucky for him there were a few places like that to satisfy his need. The waves dared to nip at his heels as he padded along the shore.

Being so close to the saltwater used to burn his nose and lungs but he got used to it, his body managed to adjust accordingly. It also helped that he was usually fishing at the lagoon which subjected him to the elements.

Ah, he should have been fishing to stock up on a few extra meals for the growing mouths and more mouths about to enter this world. Instead he lazily roamed the shores with his eyes trained on the water out ahead. Unaware of anything else around him.
between the devil and the deep blue sea
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Lainie was already in the water when Rokig arrived, though she noticed his presence as much as he noticed hers; she was some distance off, not quite in his line of sight, with her back turned to the shore. She had taken to spending each morning swimming, and quickly discovered she was... rather good at it, actually. It was a delightful feeling.
She did feel some shift in the atmosphere, though. That odd prickling feeling like there's a presence— because there was, though she remained oblivious. Ironically, she recalled Rokig admitting to watching her, and assumed perhaps it was similar. The island was small— surely it was only another watchful inhabitant.
In any case, she was having far too much fun to be disturbed. The grey-furred girl was fairly agile on land, but in the water she felt virtually weightless— invincible, even. She dared to venture further out, unaware that she was going too far, now. Even for a strong swimmer, which she was— even for an experienced swimmer, which she was not.
The strength of the waves became too much all at once, but she only managed a single, brief cry before she went under. She squeezed her eyes shut, holding her breath and kicking fiercely as the water battered her. Lainie couldn't know, but the strong, insistent motion of the sea around her had started to drift her back towards the shore. It would not be long before it pulled her back again, though. Her only saving grace, for the moment, was a clear head and the knowledge that flailing aimlessly would not help this situation at all.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
It was a brief cry that summoned his attention. His head snapping up to look out in the direction it had come from. He would have chalked it up to noisy seabirds had it not sounded so...canine like. His brows furrowed as he caught a glimpse of silver being churned about in the waters.

Panic seized his chest and he knew in that moment his curse must have been real. To save someone only to have them ripped away seemed like a fitting curse for his family to bestow upon him.

Rapidly he moved towards the edge of the water. If he could manage to avoid the same current that had a hold on Lainie, he would try to grab onto her with a firm grip. Of course if he succeeded he would attempt to drag her onto shore but there was no promise he would succeed.
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
She wasn't actually underwater for long— every few moments, another toss of the waves would send her up for air, and if she timed it right she could avoid getting saltwater in her lungs. Somewhat. Lainie twisted around, trying to find which way was up— at some point, she thought she had it figured out.
Unfortunately, that was the moment teeth closed around her scruff. The Tauhou allowed herself to be grabbed, pulled even— but once she figured out which direction the teeth were pulling her, she twisted again. This time it was to pull herself from the unknown wolf's grasp, though her scruff stung slightly from the feeling of teeth raking over it.
She did not fault the unknown; no, they had given her a direction. Lainie simply could not allow herself to be dragged from the water like a limp doll. The girl had vowed to herself to master the ocean, one day— and while that day would not be today, she knew giving up was no stellar beginning to her quest. It was with some effort that she righted herself in the water, still-too-slim frame fighting fiercely against the waves.
And, somehow, she made it to the shore— well, not quite. She made it far enough to allow the waves to push her back onto the sand, or to allow her would-be savior to intervene once more. Whatever happened, Lainie gave up at that point, exhausted. But when she was free from the water's grasp, her first few choking coughs were followed by laughter. Relieved, mostly, but she found some humor in the situation. Her silver eyes drifted up towards the sky, weary but largely unperturbed by the experience.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
He managed to grab a hold of her and it was times like now that he was thankful for a compact frame that allowed him to easily square his weight.

Even when she decided to give some fight (whether it was to him or to the water was unknown at this moment) he was there to herd her. The waves would not be the only thing to carry her to shore. He would not drag her, no, but he'd usher her if he could acting like a backup to the waves.

The sputtering coughs would have alarmed him if the laughs hadn't been more alarming. Laughs. Why? His brows furrowed sharply together. Frustration and confusion took over his whole body posture. His tail hung between his legs as his now spiky soaked form seemed to hunch forward ever so slightly. Was she alright? Had she hit her head in the tumbling waves? He could only think of brain damage or pure craziness to be the cause of her laughter.

Are you crazy? The words flew out of him quicker and sharper than expected and regret was written all over his face. He sounded too much like his father. Something he never wanted. Ever. Quickly he stuttered out words that seemed more fitting for Rokig. I-I mean I-I'm...sorry. Are you alright?
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Rokig's sharp words startled her. Her gaze flitted to him, wide-eyed for a moment; she wasn't bothered for long, though. Yes She breathed a little haltingly, and laughed softly again, rising to nuzzle him affectionately if allowed. Yes, I am crazy— thank you for saving me, again.
She drew away quickly, tail waving. I'm sorry, Lainie's expression was genuine as she spoke, though she was still largely unbothered by the situation. It concerned her more that Rokig seemed shaken. I'm alright, really— I just went too far out. I'll pay more attention now.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
He accepted her touch and - if allowed - would gently nose through her soaked fur to make sure there was no scent of blood. Rokig just wanted to be sure that everything was completely alright. Of course, she did agree to being crazy which left a few other questions that he didn't bother to ask.

Please do. He murmured as his features grew soft. Losing anyone who was apart of Undersea would have ripped him apart. Especially someone he had brought here. A soft sigh escaped him as he took a few steps back to shake out his fur. He would most certainly need a sun bath later.

If you ever want to do anything that crazy again, just let me know, okay? I'm sure we can find something safer - but still crazy - to do.
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
It took a few moments, but an odd sense of shame settled in her chest at the contact she had initiated. Bewildered and suddenly distressed, she glanced to the ground. Rokig's soft words eventually drew her gaze upwards again, and for a moment her eyes burned hot with tears. Good tears, she thought, though she could not identify the emotion.
Lainie shoved the feeling away, blinking the tears from her eyes and fixing her expression within half a beat. She offered him a grin, eyes glinting impishly as if to say 'you'll regret that offer'. I always want to do something crazy, The grey-furred girl told him, though her tone suggested she was not entirely serious. Then her expression turned excited, expectant. Did you have something in mind?
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
The Seawolf missed the tears and likely would have mistaken them for an irritation from the saltwater anyway. He let out a small chuckle even if he still felt concern at his core.

Oh, uh, kinda. He muttered with a small roll of his shoulders. Have you seen the Rise yet? The male asked with a slight raised brow. If she had then perhaps she already knew of the hooved herd that made home there. If she hadn't then Rokig knew exactly what he could show her. He fondly recalled herding one of the equines away from the inky Aralez's garden. Perhaps he could redo such a fun little event with Lainie.
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Her expression turned more gentle, something like an affectionate smile now. Rokig was so quiet— for a beat, she wondered if he was bothered by her opposite nature. But he would tell her that, wouldn't he? So she pushed that away, too, tail swishing eagerly at his question.
No, I don't think I have, Lainie answered softly, ears pulling forward with interest. She shifted slightly, already eager to see the place he had mentioned. And, though she wouldn't admit it, eager for the company— she liked Rokig. Hopefully he didn't mind her too much.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
small PP lemme know if u want it changed!

Well come on then. He motioned with a small chuckle. He would lead them back inland and expected her to follow him. It wouldn't be a very far trip. The Seawolf had to admit that was one of the nice things about the land not being too overly large. It was hard to get lost.

Eventually they stumbled upon the Rise and as expected, there were a few scattered horses grazing. Luckily none were too close to Coelacanth's garden. Ever seen creatures like that before? He asked softly as silver eyes watched the equines with ease. They were like deer but...not. Too stocky and no horns. Rokig also wasn't sure if they tasted half as nice. Luckily he was not interested in them for their meat. He preferred to examine them for their unique beauty.