Heron Lake Plateau i can see a shitfaced brother that i covered for what must've been the last ten years
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven could hear them long before they came into her view, and she appreciated that Colt, Towhee, Ceara, and Niamh seemed to have things well under control. She almost bypassed the whole scene completely -- she trusted Towhee's judgement where dealing with outsiders seeking acceptance was concerned, after all -- but when she realized there were babies among them, she decided to join them after all.

She drew up alongside her sister with a gentle nudge to her shoulder, her mind lingering on the beta's comment that she'd killed the one who had lamed her. She assumed that meant that Screech was dead, and looked forward to hearing that story at some point. The knowledge stirred a strange concoction of emotions within in her; she felt relieved, and glad that justice had been done, but there were tinges of sorrow and regret in there as well. It would take her a while to sort out her feelings on the matter, but for the time being, she was glad to have one less thing to worry about.

The one who seemed to be in charge of the little group was a salt-white she-wolf whose most interesting feature was the stark contrast of her darkly-colored head. Raven, born of a family known for unusual markings, thought it rather beautiful. But her attention was focused more on the month-old baby the strange female had presented to them. He was draped in downy butterscotch fur, scarcely old enough to be safe living outside the protection of a pack. She quickly noticed the darker, slightly older child that lingered near the she-wolf behind him, and suddenly she was reminded of the two children she had lost. These babies looked similar enough to them that she wondered if the universe hadn't wrought some bizarre twist of fate to bring her two more to fill those holes in her heart. Not that she was foolish enough to assume their mother and guardian would surrender them to her -- heavens, no -- but the alpha still felt a powerful pull on her heart toward those children.

The sable alpha sat down beside her sister and gestured to Towhee to continue, preferring for the moment to remain silent and listen as her eyes lingered with strange affection on the puppies.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i can see a shitfaced brother that i covered for what must've been the last ten years - by Raven - June 28, 2018, 07:54 PM