The Sunspire Lemme try this socialization stuff
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 

She had come back and resumed the process of being pretty much secluded. Nobody asked for her help and she tended to once again stick to herself. This time she decided it sucked and wanted to do something about it, so she went to grab an old ratty squirrel pelt she had cleaned of meat and flesh and carried it toward the dens. She stood outside of them and called for Rannoch, her tail wagging slowly as she hoped he would accept the gift and let her hang around and talk for a while. Even if she couldn't check in on the puppies and their mother, maybe he would be down for a casual conversation .
~Always down for Healing threads~

medic specialty: 4/10
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
An unexpected visitor sounded from outside, and quickly, Rannoch moved answered her call. He stepped carefully around his napping family, and quickly made his exodus. 

"Hyacinth!" he greeted as he slipped out of the hollow. "What's the honor?"
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She turned to face him when he responded and smiled around the mouthful of squirrel, dropping it and nudging it toward him. "Hiya! I brought the kids a toy, if you're okay with them having it?" she said hopefully. She wanted to see how he accepted the gift before she asked to see his babies.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch looked to where Hyacinth had placed the squirrel and smiled instantaneously—her donation was welcomed. "Of course I am," he replied. Rannoch was certain that the children would appreciate it. 

"Do you want to give it to them yourself?" he asked then and motioned to the cave behind them. "They're not napping, and I'm sure they'd welcome company."
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
When he accepted the gift a look of childish delight came upon her face, lighting it up completely. Her smile turned into a shocked expression, eyes widening with surprise as Rannoch invited her in. She nodded "Yes, please! I love babies...I want some someday" she said and lowered her muzzle, grabbing the squirrel and looking at him before moving toward the den. She spotted Liffey sleeping and the babies laying around her and gasped, dropping to her belly to get on their level "Hey sweet things, wanna toy?" she cooed.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
The two wolves re-entered the den, and while Hyacinth laid down, Rannoch sat next to his wife and watched the aspiring caregiver. "I'm sure they will once they're up and about," he assured Hyacinth. "In the meanwhile, let me introduce you to them. This is @Breccan, @Remi, @Wisteria.. and that little girl over there is @Deshyr." As Rannoch named his children, he touched his nose to those who were close to him. 

"Kids... meet Hyacinth," he said, his voice soft and his gaze loving as he watched his offspring.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth wagged her tail, heartbeat skipping at the cuteness of these little living breathing fuzzy potato babies. She nosed each one ever so gently, smiling at the many browns of the litter and the one single little girl that was named Remi. She looked like her mom except for a patch of white. "They're adorable Rannoch, so beautiful" she said softly. Then she stood up and turned to begin the medic part of the routine. "Have they showed any signs of illness? Any lack of energy? Do they suckle regularly?" she asked with a small smile, showing that she really didn't think anything was wrong in the moment. "And Liffey, she hasn't seemed too tired? Does she get to get up and out once in a while?"

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
It took every fiber within Rannoch to restrain the growl that bubbled in the back of his throat; he would have to get used to others touching his children. Rannoch swallowed his consternation, and let out a gentle sigh— it was alright. 

When asked about how the Frostfur lot was holding up, Rannoch considered the daze that the previous weeks had been before answering. "We're good, and Liffey has been getting out," he began thoughtfully. [b]"The only thing that I can think about is how fussy Wisteria has been. But, I assume that is just a phase." He shrugged.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth noticed the tension when she touched the pups and she flicked her wars back, ducking her head low and giving an apologetic wag before she nodded at the information given. "It is normal for pups to be fussy. Is it normally at meal times that she gets that way? Particularly after the milk has settled into her belly?" she asked thinking it could be gas.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"To be honest, I don't know," Rannoch admitted."I haven't really been keeping track..." he trailed, and glanced at his blonde child, "But I will for sure and report back."

Rannoch's curiosity bloomed suddenly; he suddenly uncovered an abundance of questions but, he would not overwhelm Hyacinth. "Is there anything else I should be looking out for?"
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth nodded her acceptance and let her gaze fall upon the pup once more. "Well...normal puppy behavior is eating every hour, wiggling, a bunch of energy, loud and quiet squeaks. Tons of sleeping too. So if they act tired, don't eat a lot,don't try to move around, don't make any noise then something may be wrong." she said and then turned to study the pups. "They all seem fine but Wisteria may just get gassy real easily. Massage her lower belly with your nose gently and also encourage her to move around. See if that fixes things" she offered the advice with a smile, gaze softening as one of the children squeaked rather loudly.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Hyacinth described puppy normalcy in detail; Rannoch appreciated her insight and remedy to the potential problem. 

"Is it something she'll grow out of?" Rannoch asked after he had taken a moment to consider what he had been told. "Or is this something she'll deal with forever?" His expression became troubled, and he glanced at his fussy child.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth thought about it and tried to figure out how to best answer the question. Gassy puppies seemed to be a fairly normal occurrence but sometimes she had seen them grow into children with sensitive stomachs. "Honestly that is something we'll have to wait and see. Gas issues are fairly normal but I have seen it turn into stomach sensitivity when they grow older. Chewing Chervil once a day will help with that" she said and then gave him a reassuring smile, sitting down. "Don't worry about it, it isn't something lethal and it is very manageable"

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch nodded; Hyacinth's reassurance had calmed his anxiety for now. "And the others are fine," he reiterated, "I guess there's not much we can do about it for now but wait." He shrugged—all would work out in the end. With his eyes lingering on his napping children, Rannoch smiled suddenly. "We're lucky that gas is our biggest issue," he mused. Rannoch was baised—his children were perfect, gas and all.

Hyacinth and Rannoch hung out with the children for some time and talked about what developments the children would be enduring in the near future. When Hyacinth eventually left, Rannoch decided it was time to nap. He curled around his children and drifted off quickly; one of his overbearing concerns had been put to rest for the time being.