Mount Apikuni Made of our future foe scenarios
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
All Welcome 
Rolled for success or failure: Even=success; odd=failure. Rolled 1d10 (2)= Success

Even through the trees, the drizzle collected on Kavik's thick coat as he waited, hunched to the ground, eyes fixed on one point in the distance. It was sunset, and there were still a few rabbits moving about in the forest. Kavik was lucky enough to have scented one as he made his way through the trees. Now, he had positioned himself low to the ground, body taught and ready to spring into action at just the right time.

Finally, the rabbit had wandered close enough that Kavik felt like he could close the distance between them quickly and with ease. As his target moved just a little closer, Kavik sprang up, his powerful legs pushing off from the ground to throw him forward as he began to sprint towards the hare who had just become aware that he was in the presence of a predator. 

Closer and closer he got to his prize as he moved through the trees like they weren't even there. The rabbit was fast, but Kavik knew what he was doing. He had moved at the perfect time, giving the rabbit no chance at escaping him. When he had reached just behind the creature, he reached down and snatched it up by its head, giving it a quick and powerful shake to end its struggle. The rabbit dangled from his mouth as Kavik set it on the ground, panting from exertion and giving the area a quick scan for danger. The rabbit was meant for Illidan, and he as glad this had been a successful hunt.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
"Not bad" Kenkou spoke quietly as he caught up to Kavik. 

Kenkou hadn't been hunting with another for quite some time and forgot how thrilling it could be. Also being a partof pack is something he is still trying to get used to. He still doesn't know all of the others yet to shy to try and meet them. For now he is here to help Kavik and Liri become strong again. 

"What is next on our list?" 

Kenkou was eager to try and get back into hunting again, and the day was perfect for blending in and hiding his scent from prey.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kenkou's scent announced his presence long before his words reached Kavik's ears. Thanks, he replied with a quick nod of his head. 

Were you wanting to hunt together? Kavik asked in response to the male's question. He had yet to see the new recruit's hunting skills, and he wanted to see what kind of hunter he was dealing with. He scanned the area again, checking for danger and thinking about what they could hunt. The two of them could take down something pretty substantial, but bigger prey was sparse on the mountain, so finding them might prove to be a difficult task. 

He turned back to Kenkou, his emerald gaze meeting the male's eyes. Have you seen any bigger prey around? Kavik asked. Maybe this wolf was a tracker like his mate and had picked something up that Kavik had missed.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou Ears perked up, "I would love to go hunting,"

He thought back to the first time he went hunting wiht his pack and ended up getting chased by a moose. Kavik's voice broght him back to the present. He sniffed the air around them and began to pick up a few scents,

"There are more small prey directly ahead of us, and what I think is a mountain goat to the left of us, it's faint but we may be able to find it. I'll leave the choice to you,"

Kenkou sniffed the air again seeing if he could try and determine how far the goat could be. The wind tampered with the scent making it harder to gage.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik couldn't deny that a nice sized goat would be good for the pack, especially right before they were going to make their trip down the mountain. He had scented them here and there, and with a partner, they could probably be successful. 

He nodded at Kenkou. Let's try our luck with a mountain goat. The other male stated he was a hunter for his previous pack and so was Kavik. Surely, two experienced hunters had a decent chance with a mountain goat. It would be a challenging and dangerous hunt, for sure; mountain goats could jump high and were able to easily navigate steep cliffs, so the two of them would need to be really cautious. The last thing the group needed was for a member to get hurt and delay their travels, or worse. 

Kavik quickly stowed the rabbit he had just caught in a safe place so he could grab it on the way back before turning to his packmate. Lead the way, he said with a bow of his head once he had returned.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou smiled back and began to follow the scent trail. It was faint but he was able to follow it very well. The wind became harder as they traveled more towards the open areas that were exposed. This was getting dangerous but knowing that a succesful hunt would be a huge reward is worth it.

"The scent is leading to the rocky cliffs but it may be near a patch where it could be resting," he said as he began to carfeully watch his step as the land grew rough and steep. The light rain wasn't helping much either, the rocks could become slippery. The scent was strong in the air they had to be close.

Finally he stopped at the sound of a gruff. His ears flicked to the sound as he gave a nod to kavik. 

"Its near, stay hidden and we should find it," he spoke softly moving low to the ground.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik followed Kenkou across the rocky terrain as he tracked the goat, careful not to slip on the rain-slick rocks. He, too, could smell the fresh scent of the creature, indicating that it was somewhere nearby. They continued to follow the scent across the steep cliffs, Kavik taking slow careful steps so as not to fall or injure himself.

He heard the noise from the mountain goat and stopped at the same time his packmate did. At Kenkou's words, Kavik gave a quick nod, and followed his lead as they moved closer to their target.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Sorry this is late :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenkou sniffed the ground again and his ears  twitched at the smallest of sounds as he crept closer to the source and heard another gruff. He began to peer into further in the distance and there he saw it. A lone goat grazing on some grass. His body shifted lower as he moved to a better position to corner the prey and hoped Kavik would fall in line with him for this was going to be dangerous.

He made his way to the other side and stayed close to the rocks to keep hidden and they had not been noticed and he waited for Kavik to give the signal.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
No worries!

Kavik followed Kenkou, and after hearing the sound, he too saw the goat grazing no too far from them. They both began to move closer, hoping to keep themselves hidden for just a little bit longer. They didn't have a lot of space to chase the creature, so they would need to get as close as possible before making their attempt and alerting their prey to their presence. 

When Kenkou looked to Kavik for a signal, he gave one quick nod to give him the go ahead and to let him know he as ready. Maybe Kenkou could steer the goat farther from the edge of the cliff it was grazing on so they had more room to work with. Then, Kavik could jump in to help take down the creature.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kavik gave kenkou a nod and Kenkou moved closer to the goat hoping his presence can steer the goat into the cliff making it easier to catch. He moved into the clearing quietly letting out a growl to alarm the goat. He made his body appear larger, and bared his teeth to appear theatening and make it less likely for the goat to try and run past him. 

This is his favorite part when a prey becomes focused on keeping his distance from him. Thats right keeping backing up into our trap. He thought. They were getting closer to the edge and the goat had still failed to notice Kavik. Perfect, now for the kill.

The goat slipped on the rock and Kenkou charged at him but missed its neck, he snapped at its legs grabbing a hold of it and dragging and thrashing it along the rocks to keep it down.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik watched as Kenkou made a move to drive the goat away from the edge of the cliff and towards him. When the goat briefly lost its footing, his packmate took advantage of the opportunity and went in for the attack. He missed the killing blow, but was able to get keep the creature on the ground long enough for Kavik to sprint towards them and throw himself on their prey. 

With the goat sufficiently distracted, Kavik was able to sink his teeth into the vulnerable part of its neck. Blood spilled from the wound to fill his mouth and run down his neck and chest, the scent causing his adrenaline to course harder through his veins as his heart raced from the exertion. With every second the creature bled, Kavik could feel the life drain from it. As the creature drew its last breath, Kavik released his hold to glance at Kenkou. Panting and with a exhilarated gleam in his emerald gaze, he said, Nice work. Did you sustain any injuries? The goat had been flailing pretty hard, and Kenkou had been near its legs, so Kavik wanted to make sure he didn't need any wounds tended by his mate.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
They had killed it! Kenkou realised it's foot and slowed his breathing as the fight was over. His legs were sore from being kicked but thanks to Kavik they were weak due to his fast acting on killing it. He looked over to Kavik he could smell the adrenaline on him and blood coved his muzzle but he seemed pleased with the hunt. Kavik speaking brought him out of his thoughts.

"I'am fine just a few hits won't bring me down that easily, for now I'm happy we have food for us," 

Kenkou stared down at the prey and smiled, it felt good to hunt again. Although he is still a little rusty, and they are far from where he would like to be, food is food and they had some now. He was eager to eat but first they had to get to saftey and with the possibilty of the rain getting worse this was not a good place to eat. Also the others should eat as well. 

"We should head back to a safer place, you also have your hunt we have to grab," Kenkou did a quick scan of the area and looked to Kavik for his advice.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Satisfied that Kenkou hadn't sustained any injures, Kavik examined the kill and began to plan how they would bring it back to the pack. As if his packmate had read his mind, he asked for his advice on moving the carcass. Kavik moved to the goats back. I can return for the rabbit after we get this back to camp, he assured Kenkou. I can pull from the back of the neck if you can pull from the front of the shoulder. With both of us, we should be able to move it without much difficulty, he directed. They were both strong enough, and should have no trouble.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou agreed that was the best effort and he moved to drag it. While they were both strong they would have to be careful for the trek back. The rocks would still be slippery and they are still close to the cliff edges. Kenkou had to be careful in not getting hurt, and possilbly hurting Kavik in the process. They were doing well so far and Kenkou was listening out so they wouldn't get jumped by someone wanting their food. Kenkou was happy to be back in a safer area to many times when was alone he had to fight for his food. 
Now he had a pack and had backup if they were attacked. Luck was on his side today he hoped.