Otatso Wetlands catch that bird! it's been stealing my hair to make a nest!
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris
All Welcome 
Only his ears could be seen twitching among the tall blades of marsh grass as they swayed and bent in the breeze; and only then if you were looking at just the right angle. He had slipped into the wetland and lowered himself onto a dry hillock that mallards had nested on earlier in the season. Their feathers and scat were still present on the nest-knoll. The birds themselves dabbled in the quiet corners of the warm, still waters, but it was not they that he was interested in.

Frogs filled his belly. But it was not the amphibians that he was after either. He had his fill of them. No, he was after the buzzing dragonflies that darted overhead in pursuit of mosquitoes and blackflies. This was sport. Euron was a masterful ambusher, preferring to strike at unsuspecting prey when it came too near to him, rather than chase the prey down himself. He had been born with innate stealth that he had practiced and trained to near perfection; his peculiar way of hunting had come as a natural extension of that.

One dragonfly swooped in too low. Catlike, Euron leapt up and plucked the insect from the air. Its large wings beat and hummed frantically from the sides of his narrow snout as his teeth crushed and crunched the bug. He never swallowed. Instead, pieces and bits of were spat out in front of him. Then he settled in again, repeating the same actions every few minutes.
oh, everything is gorgeous once it's gone
57 Posts
Ooc —
it's dim here, and muddy and lonely and overall unpleasant; it reminds him of home. he likes it. he doesn't see the boy perched at a high point among the grass as he trudges onto higher ground, tired of the murky water around his legs — until an ill-fated dragonfly is snatched from the air. he pauses, blinking and searching the grass for the culprit.
he spots a pair of ears and decides to approach. "having fun?" he inquires when he thinks he's close enough, coming upon the strange wolf moments later. he's young, small and painted greyscale, but he can't see his face yet. belatedly he notices the scattered feathers and bird shit, the rejected pieces of bug, and thinks well shit, there's my answer, guess i can go — but he doesn't. he's bored, so he waits.
"common" | "latin"
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris
He was spotted.

It was brief but Euron was immediately insulted and he fixed the other wolf with a narrowed look and ears pitched back. He prided himself on his stealth. How did this wolf so easily find the sneaker? He was quick to remember however that he was not sneaking, and so of course this other wolf saw him.

"Oh it is you!" He said, wiping away his offense and replacing it with his usual amiability. "I am not knowing who you is but..." The foxfaced wolf shrugged and wagged his tail. "I am thinking you are okay. And yes. I was having the fun. Are you?" He inquired, cocking his head to such a degree it was comical. His eyes were bright, and he was smiling.