Heron Lake Plateau Tomorrow I might have to go and fly away
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Random Event 
Thread for @Nevouku! Tags for ref

He has finally managed it! Colt had been trying to nab @Niamh one of the large, stately white storks that frequented the lake for days.  Now he finally had one securely in his jaws, hauling it awkwardly by the neck but trying not to drag too much of it. He didn't want the feathers ruined.

The bird had put up a helluva fight.  It had gotten a few good snaps/pecks at his ears and head, and he had some solid bruises where it had walloped him with its wings.  The win more than made up for it though - she was gonna love it!!! He was aiming to drop it off at their sleeping spot as a surprise, and headed towards it, head high to accommodate the birds length.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku had been heading out for another hunt, to touch up on his skills before he stopped and saw one of the Redhawk wolves, one of his packmates. "A s-stork? Must have b-been lucky to get th-th-that" he said, looking it over as he stopped on his little walk. He never even attempted taking one on, and instead preferred to go for rabbits of pheasants.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
"An exercise in perthithtenthe" he mumbled, then shook his head and dropped it.  "Persistence," he corrected, grinning.  "Got away from me a few times, but knew I'd win out eventually."  He always did after all!

"Seen ya around but we haven't met yet have we? Name's Colt."  He tended to the friendly side when he was in a good mood, and today was a good day.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He looked confused as the wolf tried to say a word, or rather mumbled. Then corrected himself. Persistence, well that was one way to score a meal. "That sounds l-like you had some f-f-fun." And such a victory it was.

"N-Nevouku. I don't go around m-m-much" he said, stuttering nervously as he usually tended to do.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
He did have quite a bit of fun at it, despite the bruises obtained.  "You're right about that." Nevouku.  He seemed like quite the nervous one, which didn't put Colt off a ton, but did make him curious.

"You alright there?  Got a shake and a half to that voice."  Colt was in a social mood but if he'd been headin somewhere he didn't have to talk to him.  He'd never met anyone with a stutter, not like this one.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He flinched a bit at the question. "N-No, I'm just fine. My voice...it just is l-like this." Which wasn't exactly the full truth, but enough to satisfy most when they asked. "So wh-wh-where you headed with the bird? The c-cache?" Nev barely even gave it a glance, and was still rather impressed with it.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
"Alright then."  He wasn't about to knock it if that was just how it was, though he still seemed a little bit of a nervous fellow.  "Bringin this back to Niamh.  She's fond of the feathers.  Figure she can decide whether to share the meat or no."  Probably it would go to the pups then.

"You heading anywhere particular?"  If not maybe they could catch up while he carried.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Niamh...oh yeah! Nevouku recalled her, she had hunted partirdges with him. It had been a fun time. "Yes, s-she likes birds. I hunted partridges with her o-once" he said with the usual nervous tone. "She is n-n-nice." In fact, he had yet to meet someone in the pack that wasn't nice. "N-Nowhere in particular no..." Knowing himself, he'd just end up trying to catch something. Or just laying down.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
"Hmm.  Well, I have to get this back, but wouldn't mind some company.  Maybe tell a little about yourself?"  He asked it without putting much expectation; if the guy wasn't a talker that was fine.  He just wasn't going to be able to day much, because as soon as he finished, he picked up the bird once more and got ready to keep carrying it towards home.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku tagged along, as he began to talk about himself to Colt. "W-Well...I joined the pack after finding my...um...after f-finding Sebastian who i-is and old f-f-friend of mine." Now, he had not heard a word of him since Sebastian had disappeared. He still thought about it.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
It was a pretty short walk, but still, at the mention of Sebastian Colt almost dropped the bird to speak.  Remembering, he waited until he was able to place it where it would wait.  "Sebastian, huh? Bit of an odd fellow if I remember right. No offense."  Colt hadn't exactly seen him at his best, and this Nevouku was a bit odd too.  Not always a bad thing.

"Keep runnin into wolves that knew him.  Saw that one woman... Anastasia yeah?  A while back.  Think she was meanin to track him down too."  Luckily Colt was a goddamn gentleman and had told her where he went.  At the time he'd considered tryin to snag her himself, but that was before Niamh.

Over the course of the walk, Colt answered whatever questions he may have had and got to know him a little too.  The kid was quiet, and in a way reminded him of Eljay, which put an immediate liking in Colt from the get go.