Blacktail Deer Plateau Ain't gotta be high like me, to be fly like me
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
They seemed to have found another place with more suitable land and far enough away from Sunspire not to be a conflict. Minori had settled in if you count being antisocial and alone as settling in. She patrolled, she hunted, she kept her distance and life was fucking great.

Life was even better when she found a patch of poppy flowers with a crap ton of seeds. Before she could even fight the impulse she had devoured three to herself and picked a whole other bunch for later. Then she wandered around until at last the floaty feeling began and she felt nothing but calm. She lay down on her stomach and disappeared into her thoughts, the biggest one whether @Corvus was enough to keep her interested in staying.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He'd been investigating the area on his own, figuring he may as well familiarize himself with the plateau in case they ended up staying. Even if for some ungodly reason they didn't, he found great worth in learning about the land around him. This place was vibrant, full of life they wanted around and absent of any they didn't. Leather nose to the ground, Corvus sifted through the scents there, blades of grass tickling his nose. The sensitive organ picked up a familiar feminine perfume: Minori. The fiery woman was nearby, so he decided he'd check in on her. They hadn't interacted as much as he'd like, finding that he enjoyed her presence.

When the dark wolfess came into view, she was lying in the grass amongst the poppies. Announcing his presence with a chuff, Corvus stalked over to her, stopping just a foot away. She'd collected a mass of the herb, and he felt a brief pang of concern. Are you injured? He asked, as that was the first conclusion he came to. Though she didn't smell of blood or appear to be disfigured in any way, it could've been something internal.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Almost as if her doubt had summoned him, he appeared as a dark mass before her. Reaction time slowed by the drugs and inhibitions gone as well, she let her gaze trail over his large form giving an impressed hum before his question registered in her brain. She snorted and shook her head "No. I'm drugged" she answered quite bluntly and motioned to the seeds. "Do you want some?" she offered. "They aren't dangerous if you just take two" she said and looked up at him, wondering if he was the type to scorn her for how she chose to relax in her free time.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Her eyes raked over him oddly while she took her time with her blunt response: "No. I'm drugged." Well, that explained it.

She asked if he wanted some, but his answer was No. Corvus sat down, then. You shouldn't be alone while intoxicated... so I shall accompany you. He grinned then, swiveling his ears to scan for any alarming sounds. Finding none, he kept his eyes on her and his posture relaxed.

Corvus wouldn't scorn her, despite his disapproval. Being drugged made him vulnerable, and he loathed that feeling. It was a feeling he rarely felt in his life, and he'd like to keep it that way; and that wasn't mentioning the risk of addiction.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori gave yet another snort to scoff at his words, lips curling up into a smirk. "I really shouldn't be ah...accompanied either" she said stumbling on the english word. She pawed at the grass beneath her forepaws, letting the blades tickle the pads of her feet over and over again to distract herself only slightly from his presence. "I'm in no danger. I can still kick your ass" she said as she lazily rolled to her side and aimed a just as lazy swipe at him with her forepaw.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He figured Minori would say something like that. No? He asked playfully with a tilt of his dark head, clearly not convinced.

"I'm in no danger. I can still kick your ass." She rolled over clumsily before taking a sluggish swipe at him. Corvus merely leaned away from the "attack" he could've seen from a mile away. He laughed truly at her stubbornness. Of course, she was just as fierce and determined as ever―but her body couldn't keep up. She was living confirmation of what he hated about being drugged.

Are you sure about that? The shadow toyed, likely fanning the flames. He waited to see if she'd actually try to fight him like this. If she did, it'd certainly be his fill of entertainment for the day.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
He dodged so easily and she cursed in japanese, head flopping to the ground as she simply glared at him. She inhaled and then slowly exhaled, pouting and looking very much like a child denied something they wanted. When he decided to taunt her she gave a small growl eyes flashing though she smirked, amused even though he was undermining her. Rolling onto her belly with more effort then it should have taken she gave him what could only be seen as a flirtatious and foxy expression as she reached her nose and maw upward so her mouth was just below his chin  "Yes I'm sure Corvus" she whispered and then hooked her forelegs around his, attempting to yank them out from underneath him. High or not she was motivated now and her strength never left her.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
She uttered something with irritation in a foreign language before she flopped over to give a rather childish display of frustration. Corvus chuckled under her cold glare. He was surprised to find a sultry expression on her now and was immediately wary, meeting her gaze with a quirked brow. Surprising him further, Minori weaseled her snout underneath his chin, which he didn't protest to, despite his confusion. "Yes I'm sure, Corvus," She whispered.

While he formulated a response, Corvus felt his legs be tugged out from under him, leaving his face's fate in the hands of gravity. He grunted when the side of his skull thudded against the ground. Ah, so that's what she was plotting. His toothy smile returned. ... I see, Was all the shadow said before pulling himself upright, visibly calm until he suddenly launched himself at her with a playful growl.

He aimed to roll her over, tucking his throbbing head against his chest as he did. If successful, Corvus would end up resting his chest and forelegs on her stomach like a table, their bodies perpendicular to one another. He'd gaze at her with a mischievous glint in his eyes, complete with a cocky grin.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Perhaps she had yanked him down a bit too hard, for the dull thud of his skull hitting the ground caused even her to wince sympathetically. "Oooo Corvus..." she began to apologise before he launched at her and before she even knew it she was on the ground, flat on her back with his weight resting on top of her. She made no sound for a moment just stunned as a memory flashed through her mind. Another man pressing against her, their breath blowing in short bursts together in frigid air "Higoro..." she murmured her eyes looking glassy before she snapped back to attention looking vulnerable and embarrassed as she looked into Corvus's eyes.

With a growl filled with sudden fierceness she brought her hind legs up beneath her to kick at his stomach while she  slapped at his face and eyes with her forepaws. Her face was hot and she was seething, hating herself for allowing her walls to fall for a man she barely knew.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Perhaps he misread her intentions, not expecting her to be apologetic about her actions. Minori laid oddly silent with distant eyes for several moments, clearly experiencing something internally. "Higoro..." She murmured, to his utter confusion. When her gaze finally met his, all he saw was that raw, detested emotion: vulnerability. Corvus' grin vanished. He couldn't tell what the word she'd uttered meant, but he didn't have time to ponder it, as Minori's legs were kicking forcefully into his stomach. He practically leapt to his feet, but hers were upon his face in a hot flurry.

Eyes snapping shut on their own accord, Corvus backed up several paces before opening them again. He was silent for several frantic heartbeats, grasping for words in his mind. ... What did you see? He asked gently, wanting to understand the reasoning behind her sudden fury.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She didn't understand why she had acted in such a way so quickly. She had rolled to her paws as soon as he was off her, panting with her ears flattened back against her skull. This...this was why she kept herself away from everyone, this was why she made sure she was feared and could fight off anyone who came to her. She had begun to trust and like Corvus and the last time it had happened, she had gotten hurt for the first time in her life. "What did you see?" he asked and Minori looked up at him. She growled softly, warning him not to come any closer. It didn't matter that she wanted him to, that she wanted him to get close and be her friend. She was a general, a warrior, a princess, a leader. Those types couldn't afford to risk emotional turmoil.

Yet the gentleness in his voice, it seduced the words right out of her lungs "Someone I used to know. A friend. Higoro was his name" she said hesitating on the word friend because it wasn't the entire truth.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
She stood up with flattened ears and growled lowly at his question. He understood if she didn't want to share, as he presumed it was a painful memory. However, Minori did give him an answer, and how she hesitated on the term "friend" gave him a taste of understanding. Corvus' muscles relaxed, though he wouldn't take a step closer unless permitted.

He loathed to see her upset, but the nosferatu was not designed for comforting. Though out of his element, he would try in the only way he knew how. I understand, He murmured. Although Corvus didn't know what happened between Minori and Higoro―and he wouldn't dare ask―he did know what that breed of pain felt like. Not knowing what else he could say to alleviate her pain, he offered, I can leave you be, if you wish.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori flicked an ear and eyed him in silence. He said he understood and she believed him, not taking him to be one to lie just for the sake of trying to be sympathetic. She gave a soft grunt and sat back on her haunches, settling down until he offered to leave. Her impulse was to tell him to go, to block anything else they could bond over but instead she found herself shaking her head. "Were you ever...naive? Easily fooled? Someone just wanting...affection?" she asked him eyes lifting up unsure of herself in the moment. She hadn't shared anything of herself since leaving her home pack, hadn't found anyone worth sharing with or who she thought wouldn't betray her.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He was surprised to see Minori sit down and shake her head at his request. Following suit, Corvus sat down, as well. "Were you ever...naive? Easily fooled? Someone just wanting...affection?" She asked. He'd certainly been naive before, but the latter feeling escaped him. The pieces were beginning to fall into place in his mind. With the mention of this "Higoro" character followed by questions of naivety and affection... something must've happened between them; a difference in feelings, perhaps.

I have been foolish plenty in the past. Affection, however... is something I never had time to even consider, The mercenary answered honestly. He was a scarred, battered soul hardened by years of struggling and fighting tooth and nail just to survive. The want for affection never even crossed his mind until just now at her mentioning. This realization didn't phase him much―he'd gone this far in its absence, and he could go the rest of his life without it. Still, Corvus was not opposed to the feeling; just not actively seeking it.

After a pause in thought, he spoke again, He hurt you. It wasn't a question, but a statement―an observation. The nosferatu's voice was low, verbalizing the spark of anger that cropped up. However, it was gone as quickly as it had surfaced. He didn't have the whole story, but Corvus loathed to see Minori in such a state. The pain was evident in her entire being: the windows of her eyes, her weak voice, her defensive posture. Pain, be it physical or emotional, made itself clear when not hidden expertly. He wanted to do something to bring back her fire but had no idea what that something would be, causing frustration to build inside him at the core.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori gave a bitter laugh and a slow shake of her head, seafoam eyes studying him for a moment. "Affection is useless and leaves us all open to pain. Be glad you've never considered it" she said her voice still bitter but more gentle then before. She remained silent after that, turning her gaze away from him and staring off into the distance. She had been a youngling, the princess who became the general. The female who kicked all the other soldier's asses. Higoro had been her match in every way, wit, fierceness, combat and he was also the most handsome male her age. They were best friends, he was her second in command in the army...She loved him. 

Corvus's next comment brought her back out of her reveries and she grunted, lips curling up over her fangs. "He was my best friend, the only one at home who matched me in every way. A nursing mother found him abandoned as a pup and took him in...we grew up together. I loved him and thought he did too" she explained, eyes shutting as the memory of the day she was betrayed played in her mind. "He had been visiting these two legged beasts called humans. They fed him, made life easy. One day he brought them to us all and helped them catch me plus many others." she looked back at Corvus and her eyes went hard again, lips lowering until her face was the usual stern mask. "I loved him and he betrayed me. He is why I don't let anyone close, why I prefer others to fear me. Yet I still seem to be weak, because you remind me of him and I want to be your friend." the confession fell from her lips before she could stop them and she looked horrified. Standing up she stood and shook her head, backing away. "Watashi wa anata ga watashi o kono yō ni suru koto o yurusu koto ga dekimasen!" she whispered and turned, running away.

Translation: I can't allow you to make me like this!  Thanks for the thread, we should have a follow up thread!
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
84 years later, I finally make a post to close out this thread, lmao. I really enjoyed this though, and I look forward to a followup thread! I love these two. ♥

"Affection is useless and leaves us all open to pain. Be glad you've never considered it," She said, and her words concerned him. While Minori had a point, they were painfully pessimistic. Her lips curled to reveal her fangs, and Corvus was surprised at the story that flowed from behind them. His expression contorted into one of disgust and fury upon hearing how he betrayed his pack for a lavish life. Was that why she was here? Still, he bit his tongue to let her speak, painful as it was just to hear. Minori explained, "I loved him, and he betrayed me. He is why I don't let anyone close, why I prefer others to fear me." For the first time, Corvus' curiosity felt like a curse.

Her final English words were like a stake to his heart: "Yet I still seem to be weak, because you remind me of him and I want to be your friend." Apparently, Minori didn't intend to let those words leave her, as there was a look of utter shock on her face as soon as she'd spoken them. She shook her head and backed away from him before whispering something foreign. Then, she turned and fled.

Minori! Corvus called, taking a step forwards to follow after her. However, he quickly realized this would be in vain and reluctantly stopped himself. Never before had he felt so broken over another's suffering.

Romanian | English