Raven's Watch onward
I WILL REMAIN
24 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
[Image: outrider_master.gif] 3/5

He had traveled the length of the ravine until it ran slow-moving and shallow.  The days were beginning to grow shorter and the staunched heat of summer had begun to abate.  Even still, life as a lone male was no walk in the park.  He missed the shelter of the willows entirely, unwilling to travel the length of the marshlands any longer, but had been lucky enough to come across Raven's Watch.  

It was a sheltered, lush little outcrop accentuated by a cascading waterfall fed from the mountains he would surely soon have to cross.  For now, after nearly a week of constant travel, he would allow himself to rest.  His pelt was slicked down by mud and coated in burrs, so he strode into the river and began to groom himself of the marsh-filth that coated him.
✶ TSIOKWARIS IS A MASTER SCOUT AND WARRIOR, PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN THREADING WITH ME
I CLOSE THREADS AFTER 30 DAYS WITH NO RESPONSE, OR IF THE THREAD PARTNER FALLS INACTIVE
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Though the male had first started adventuring the moment he discovered his legs, those days of wandering had long since been put behind him. It was rare now for Kove to venture out beyond his home, often tending to the borders or simply observing his members. But something felt off now—a feeling that originated from deep within his bones, something that could not be ignored. It led him out of the woods and towards the mountains, a journey started that he’d never expected to take again.

Kove did not cease in his steps until there was another within his line of sight. Only then had he slowed to a gradual stop and chuffed at the stranger, leaving enough of space between them that the other male might easily evade his greeting, should he so wish to do so.
I WILL REMAIN
24 Posts
Ooc —
Thank you for joining!

Tsiokwaris was many things.  He could be accused of being cold and unfeeling and silent like stone.  He was not rude; at least, not on purpose, and even if he had a liking to the outrider would find it difficult to ignore the disposed patriarch's silent approach.  Chieftain pulled his face from a mat between his shoulderblades that he could not quite reach and lifted his dusky gaze to the northerner before him.  They were an equal match, pound-for-pound, but the other man's pelt was bright against the rocky landmass that surrounded them.  His roving legs were well-muscled and long.  There was a crimson smear upon his right shoulder that clarified into a pawprint as the stranger drew closer.

It reminded him of home.  It brought forth the reminder that the Land of Ten Thousand Smokes was home no more.  Belatedly he cleared his throat and rumbled, Hail.
✶ TSIOKWARIS IS A MASTER SCOUT AND WARRIOR, PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN THREADING WITH ME
I CLOSE THREADS AFTER 30 DAYS WITH NO RESPONSE, OR IF THE THREAD PARTNER FALLS INACTIVE
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There was silence at first, the response slow to come but accepted just same. He did not aim to leave, not to alter any of his previous plans so severely that there might be nothing left to speak about. Thus, he settled standing in a way that did not aggravate his system.

“What brings you to these mountains?” he asked, easing into a conversation. Whilst the mountains were not his, he was curious to find someone there—did it mean they were soon to have neighbours, or was it just a frequent path for loners?
I WILL REMAIN
24 Posts
Ooc —
He sniffed the air between them and caught notes of weakened packscent upon the man.  How many individuals he could not say, but he knew it to be far less than others he had encountered.

The other male's question was not uncalled for or even hostile, but the outrider was wary of his intentions.  Was his pack near here, and they were territorial over the lands near their claim?  Passing through.  And you?