Blacktail Deer Plateau Boys workin' on empty
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Private 

To say that he was completely without worry now that they had finally settled would be a lie. Having a territory that was theirs did relive some of the pressure initially, but it seemed it was eventually replaced with the pressure of leading the pack and protecting their claim. He was trying to deal with stress as it came instead of internalizing it and letting it fester, so he had gone for a run around the borders as the sun set in the distance. 

The evening was pleasant, and a cool breeze moved through is inky fur when he stopped at the main river to take a drink. He found himself here often; the river ran through the middle of the plateau, and he usually made a point of visiting it after a patrol or a run. After taking a drink, he walked into the water until he reached the middle of the river. His size meant that even when he was standing in the deepest part of the waterway, the water level barely touched his chest. The liquid was cool as it soaked into his coat, and he let out a contented sigh as he enjoyed the evening in his new territory.
I'm no good without you
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
When the sun set, the shadow awakened. He emerged from beneath the canopy of pine trees, feeling alive as ever and traveling at a steady clip. When the river that split the plateau in two came into view, Corvus saw what he at first thought to be a large boulder. However, he was sure there was no such boulder the last time he'd been there, and boulders didn't just spontaneously appear. Upon closer inspection, he discovered it to be Kavik. Not having interacted with the alpha much in general, he figured he ought to now. The man was directly in his path, anyhow.

With a low chuff, Corvus neared the water's edge. Kavik appeared to be relaxing in the water, and he couldn't blame him. Stepping into the water, he waded in until the majority of his legs were submerged, stopping a couple of feet behind the alpha. Good evening, He greeted, politely tipping his head. The mercenary would then wait for his leader's response. While he disagreed with how he reacted to the woman he now knew as Treason, he was still respectful. The way the pale mistress had described them seemed incredibly hyperbolic―perhaps manipulatively so―anyway.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His packmate's chuff reached his ears just as his scent filled Kavik's nose. He turned to see Corvus joining him in the water, and when the male spoke his greeting, Kavik dipped his head and replied, Corvus. He had not spoken much with the fierce-looking male, but he was glad to have the mercenary in their pack. He had already begun to prove himself loyal by sticking with the group as they moved. His strong, stoic presence during the incident in the vale further proved his value in Kavik's eyes. 

He turned his body to face the dark male. I've wanted to thank you for helping us during our travels here. I'm sorry it took so long to get settled. he said as his emerald gaze rested on Corvus' face. They had done quite a lot of moving around, and Kavik knew it had taken its toll on everyone.
I'm no good without you
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Sorry for the wait! I'm finally getting caught up. ;u;

Kavik glanced his way and returned the gesture. The ghost of a soft smile crept onto Corvus' face, and the bearish man turned to fully face him. "I've wanted to thank you for helping us during our travels here. I'm sorry it took so long to get settled," Kavik said. Corvus couldn't recall ever meeting a man nearly as kind and humble as he; it was refreshing.

It's no problem; some things can't be helped, He replied nonchalantly. We chose a good spot... it was worth it. Corvus then gazed westwards where grasses took over the verdant land. Rays from the setting sun shone through the tree limbs, transforming the plateau into stained glass. He was becoming more and more attached to this place with each passing day, and though he would always feel the itch to wander, Corvus looked forwards to returning to the plateau from his travels.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian

Kavik nodded his large head, accepting the other man's words graciously. When Corvus stated that he thought they had chosen a good spot, Kavik replied, I agree. I have already become rather attached to it in the short time we've been here. Pride and possessiveness were apparent in his tone as he spoke. The alpha already considered the plateau as home and was glad to hear that one of packmates appeared to be growing fond of the territory as well.

He didn't know much about Corvus, and he'd like to change that. The male had been with them for the entirety of the second half of their journey to the plateau, and had decided to stick around after the incident in the vale, and Kavik was thankful for that. He wanted to earn the respect of all of the wolves, though, and he didn't feel he could properly do that without first getting to know them all better. If you don't mind me asking, what brought you to the wilds? he asked, fixing his inquisitive gaze on the male's face. He thought it was a good place to start but knew it might not be something he wished to talk about, which was fine, but it didn't hurt to ask.

I'm no good without you
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He returned his focus to Kavik when he voiced his agreement, clearly filled with pride in a way only a leader could be. Then, the alpha asked what brought him to the wilds. The question was unexpected, but Corvus didn't mind answering. I was in a band of mercenaries, but it disbanded after we lost too many members. I traveled here on my own after that, He explained simply, mind lingering on his last sentence.

When the group disbanded, Corvus had been totally alone for the first time in his life. If his brother hadn't been lost in that final war, he'd have been right by his side as he always was. Corvus was not one to brood, but perhaps he hadn't given himself enough time to properly mourn the loss of his brother. He was not visibly upset, but it was clear he was absorbed in his thoughts from the distance in his gaze.

It was only in that moment the realization that he'd lost everything he once knew dawned on him. Corvus had been so focused on moving forwards that he didn't ever think to look backwards and acknowledge these feelings within himself... until now, when he stood with the alpha of his new pack, living a new life. The repressed emotions overcame him like a tidal wave, and he wasn't sure what to do with them―so now he stood like a statue with an expression that locked the turmoil behind unfeeling eyes.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian

The story was similar to his own apart from the mercenary part. Kavik's natal pack had disbanded due to disagreement between leaders, and he had set out on his own after that. He found Bracken Sanctuary soon after arriving here, and then Liri soon after that We're lucky to have a skilled fighter in the ranks, he replied, unaware of the mercenary's inner turmoil. I'd like to spar with you sometime if you're up to it, he added. He wanted to see what kind of skills the other male had. Kavik was no expert by any means, but he was interested to test out the fighting skills of all the pack's mercenaries. He knew Grezig could fight and had actually lost his spar with her. He planned to spar with all the current and budding mercenaries.

I'm no good without you