Duskfire Glacier The clock ticks and tocks, that means we have one less day.
12 Posts
Ooc —
I'm not entirely sure these translations are correct but what I got is: 
Siarut: button
Takiyok: big (is) ?

Amka was not a timid wolf but she thought even the coolest person would feel unnerved when faced with the siblings. They watched her as if she were rabid, talking to Steele about her as if she couldn't even hear. It was enough to make anyone feel nervous. 

"Aye," she murmured, still keeping her eyes lowered. "I was born in the boreal forest of the Interior - between the mountain range and the glacial pass. It's dark much of the time and the summer is brief, full of fires." They could doubt her color but not her background; she was northern, just of a different stock than the arctic wolves. 

"When 'e mentioned his pack, it sounded northern. I thought I would check it out," she added in the common tongue, words halting cautiously. "If there's no room or somethin', I get it, just seemed worth looking into."

Amka couldn't tell if they were displeased by her presence or not. Her gaze slid between the pair of leaders cautiously, wondering if it was something she'd done to put them so on edge. 

"I can fight, hunt, the like. I'll prove it if ya want me ta, just gimme a test," her chin raised a fraction at the notion, the common words rolling off her tongue with a soft flare. Some tribes required their initiates to prove their skills, didn't they? Perhaps IkKanattuk was one of them.

"Are you insane like me, been in pain like me?

Are you deranged like me, strange like me?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: The clock ticks and tocks, that means we have one less day. - by Amka - October 01, 2018, 12:56 PM