Kintla Flatlands forever in shadows
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Atticus

The sky darkened at each step the grizzled old male took. The hairs greying with age along his muzzle shone bright, with the light coming from the white ring. He had seen these shadow feasts before, it never caused harm in itself, but it opened up a way for evil to run rampant. He remembered by gone days of battles fought beneath the black moon.

His limp was getting heavier as he walked, he felt the age now in his bones and in his soul. It had taken all his will power and all his strength to travel this far. he could not believe his little tree had made it this far. He'd been tracking her for days weeks even, he needed to be sure she was ok, make sure she was safe and happy. He missed her so much. He stood still poised, cutting an impressive figure, but he bowed his head. He missed his daughter yes, but he also needed to be the bearer of bad news. His beautiful spring flower her mother was no more this world, the heavens and the ground had claimed her.

He lay his weary body down with a sigh, his age creeping into his bones. The hillock overlooked the lower flatlands and he felt peace.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
[mate]!!!!

Atticus was supremely freaked out by the blackened sun. His father had told him something about it when he was a kid but, like most youngsters, he hadn't really paid much attention and now could not recall. It seemed ominous and threatening, and he wondered if something terrible were going to happen. His nerves were raw and he felt hypertense, on edge. And yet, there was underneath that an unquestionable curiosity. It was not often one saw the bright and life-giving sun drape herself in shades of the night, and though Atticus eyed the darkening skies with fear and anxiety, there was also wary fascination in him as well.

As was usually the case, the Blacktail Deer Plateau's ever-dedicated Beta was near the outer fringes of their territory, scouting out game trails and foreign scents -- in particular, those of any trespassing wolves. Was the blackening sun a prelude to war? Ambush? Was it an ill omen of disease or death? Was it a sign? He was contemplating these things when a strange scent came to his nose, and a quick glance brought his pale, frosty gaze to rest on a grizzled old wolf nearby. He was black and swarthy, with the dusty scars and wizened demeanor that came with many years of a rugged life. Atticus wondered if this was his omen, and a sinister growl rumbled in his chest as he eyed the stranger.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I don't know how this will go lol, but i couldn't help it

As he lay there he heard a vicious growl and turned grizzled head towards the sound. He was a young fellow, perhaps not much older than his own little tree, black like her too. Only his coat was much darker. His special daughter had a special coat, graying as it went down her body to her paws, and blue ribbons played throughout. She had been a beautiful girl, and he had often had to hide her beauty, though she did not know it. She was such a trusting girl, sometimes he wondered if he had done the right thing, by allowing her to be so.

You dere hush your growl. I ain’t anywhere near your borders. I admire your protective nature though m’boy, either you have some family hidden in dere, or you got a woman or you jest love dis land, or all three. Ain’t nothin’ else make you dat protective, trust me I know. With those words he quieted his words and looked back up towards the sky, he realized the boy was probably fire and he just played with it, and he would get burned, but he just didn’t mind. He wasn’t on the boys borders, he was in neutral territory, so he couldn’t attack him in good conscience, and he was a good man if he had him pegged right, then he had a helluva conscience.

Years of kill or be killed, he was able to assess another within mere seconds, sometimes he was right sometimes he was wrong, it just came with the territory. He shifted his lean body and looked back towards him. Well you can join me if you want or you can stan’ dere and continue to growl at me like a demon out of hell, and even’uallee you will chase me out, so you decide an’ let me know.

Sun spark looked at him wondering if he had pushed a little too much, he couldn’t help it, he wasn’t really seriously giving the boy some sass, and it was evident by the smile that played about his muzzle and the mirth that laughed out of his yellow eyes. If the boy wanted he would gladly get up and leave, all he had to do was ask, really.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Sorry for the shortness of my post compared to the wonderful length of yours! Atticus is just very brisk and to the point with strangers. XD <3

This wolf had a lot to learn about wolf packs if he thought the simple fact that this particular stretch of land was unclaimed would protect him from harassment or attack. It didn't work that way. And despite the stranger's friendly invitation to sit down with him, he wasn't in a hurry to cozy up with a complete stranger, out here in the middle of nowhere, all by himself. Atticus didn't fancy himself the smartest wolf in the world, but he definitely wasn't the dumbest. So he arched a brow at the grizzled old wolf, his defensive stance unchanged. "It doesn't matter that these lands aren't claimed," he said, his voice flat and his words clipped. "You are close enough to my pack for me not to like it. And this freaky 'black sun' shit makes me like it even less. I don't know you, so I don't trust you."
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
not at all sun spark just so old he don't care

sun spark looked at him sharply such language fell off the boys lips if spring was here she'd have a heartattack. Granted the old man was known to drop a curse or two but never around his wife she woulda stripped him bare with her tongue.

He chuckled softly you don't like to tell secrets to da shadows m'boy? he used to tell his daughter that all the time and for a moment a longing to see her rose up so deep it brought a lump to his throat. I'm actually looking for someone her scent is prominent here He raised an eyebrow at the boy.

sun spark stood quickly his size even rivaling the boys, but his stance was shaky he was to old now. oh forgive me I'm sun spark. He shifted and turned to leave he'd come back later and actually call for his little treeunless the boy stopped him now. The ball was in the wardens court now.

He looked to the sky the suns wives are protecting him from all his pets. thats what the shadows are.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Heehee, pardon the language here. Atti tends to revert to his old ways when caught off guard, lol!

Atticus was prepared for some smart-mouthed retort from the old wolf, but what he got was the last thing he could've ever expected. When the wolf mentioned "telling secrets to the shadows", Atticus's eyes grew as wide as goose-eggs. And when he added his name, as if it were an afterthought, the Beta nearly shit himself. Holy fucking turdballs! he screamed in his head, completely aghast with disbelief. It's Blue Willow's friggin' DAD!

She idolized her father. They had talked often, many times late into the night, and her dad almost always came into the conversation somehow. She was always telling him about some story he'd told her, or mentioning some wise quote he'd said to her, or otherwise referencing him somehow. Atticus had often thought that this would be a wolf he'd like to meet himself, and had voiced as much to Blue Willow a few times. Holy hell, how on earth had this guy ended up on Atticus's own freaking doorstep?!

"Holy balls! Wait!" he called after the old man, springing forward several steps as if to intercept him. "Sun Spark! I know you! I know who you're looking for!" Gone was the mistrust of moments before, the wary defensiveness and tense readiness to either fight or flee. No, as far as Atticus was concerned, this wolf was family.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I don't mind I in rl have a mouth like a trucker when I'm angry :)

Sun spark turned and raised an eyebrow listen chile I hope you don't talk to woman with dat mouth? If my wife was here she'd flay you alive with her tongue. He shook his head in silent mirth, shooting the younger male a ornery grin.

He turned stiffly and sat down tired just from moving the few feet. He was so very glad it was summer, were it winter the pain in his joints would be unbearable. He smiled ah so you know my little tree. He said her name with gentle love, his sweet little girl always made the scarred warriors heart soften.

His golden eyes softened at the corners and he spoke quietly sorry 'bout earlier but an old man's gotta have a little fun. What's your name my boy? and how do you know my precious little tree? His voice began to hold a fathers protective love, he was old surely but when it came to his daughter it didn't matter.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
With three kids, I'm not surprised! :) Btw, I love love love how you play Sun Spark. He is so grandfatherly and cute. I like how he talks, heehee.

He laughed, a little embarrassed, at the old man's gentle reproof for his language. He suddenly knew where Blue Willow had gotten her distaste for profanity. He waved his tail and shook his head in response, "Nah, I try not to talk like that around ladies. Especially not your little tree. She doesn't like that much." Knowing without a doubt that this wolf was no danger to him, Atticus drew nearer to Sun Spark and sat down. He still couldn't believe he was looking at the wolf that Blue Willow had spoken so highly of for so long. It was almost too good to be true.

Suddenly, he realized what it was. The black sun. Maybe it wasn't a harbinger of bad luck or evil at all. Perhaps it was a good omen.

Sun Spark asked him for his name, and of course wanted to know how Atticus knew his daughter. The younger male dipped his head to the elder in respect, and answered, "My name is Atticus DiSarinno. I'm the Beta of the pack at that plateau," he gestured over his shoulder at the dusky silhouette of Blacktail Deer Plateau towering over the trees of the flatlands. "Blue Willow is our Alpha female, and my good friend." He didn't mention that he was developing a deeper affection for her than that of a mere friend, for he didn't think that'd be appropriate at all right now. "Sir, how'd you know where to look for her? We talk a lot, and she made it sound like you were far away."
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Yea they test my patience often, but I try not to swear at them if I can help it can't always ;p Thanks I like him I tried to make him cajun

Sun Spark laughed a booming laugh seemed to come from the very depths of his insides. Yea she gets dat from her mama, god bless that woman. Little tree is a bit more toleran' dan her mama Spring Flower was. Now me i kin cuss with da bes' of 'em; dont you go tellin' Willow dat though i'd have to tan your hide meself. He chuckled again at his own joke only to wheeze slightly at the end.

There was nothing wrong with the shadowy sun, only thing wrong was the harbingers that waited for times like these.

Dats a strong name for a good man. Ah a beta youse important second only ta da king. My little gypsy chiles an alpha jest imagin' dat. He could scarcely believe his daughter was an alpha, she had carved herself out a good ole place and family. It didn't surprise him wasn't no one alive could meet his daughter and not love her granted he was a bit bias.

The old man snorted good friends; chile you mus' be blind. he shook his head in mock horror laughing at the boy a little bit, he enjoyed pushing boundaries making others a little uncomfortable alowed you a glimpse at the little bit of soul.

The next question cause the old man silent pause and a tear traced its way down his grizzled snout. oh chile dats true, we were far away my love an' me. the heavens took her pretty soon aftah my blue left, I set out as soon as I could move without cryin'. I ain't ashamed to say I died a lil when I put her in da groun'. I'm here to deliver dat sad news and I ain't too far from angel wings meself. I wanted ta make sure my earthen angel is happy make sure she got a strong man take care a her. She likes to always act strong, but that chile is as soft as goose down sometimes.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Your posts with him actually do make me laugh because I can totally picture a grouchy old cajun granddad preaching at my poor Atticus, shaking his cane threateningly at him, heehee! :P

Atticus grinned as Sun Spark swore him to secrecy, threatening to lash him righteously if he dared to mention to Blue Willow that he himself had an affinity for off-color language. He liked the pride he saw in the old man's face as he learned of his daughter's status as Alpha. What more could a father want for his child? Success, happiness, a stable home, a pack of her own, and handsome dudes like Atticus looking out for her? He grinned again.

But that grin turned quickly to boyish embarrassment as Sun Spark commented, Good friends, chile you mus' be blind. Atticus knew what the old wolf was getting at, and he felt his cheeks blush red beneath his dark fur. He didn't quite know what to say. He really did have an affection for Blue, but he wasn't ready to confess them just yet. Still, Sun Spark had told Atticus a secret himself, so perhaps it wouldn't hurt to return the favor. Telling secrets to the shadows, and all. "I…guess I do kinda have feelings for her," he said quietly, his grin becoming something gentler, softer as he thought of her. "She's really something special." He glanced at Sun Spark, a mischievous gleam coming into his pale eyes. "Now you better not tell her, or I'll have to tan your hide." He laughed then, the threat more a show of friendship than anything else.

A moment later, he continued on to add, "You have nothing to worry about. She's very well taken care of. And she's got several strong men looking out for her, myself included. My brother is Alpha alongside her, and he loves her like his own sister." Sometimes he wondered if Peregrine might ever take a romantic interest in her. It was certainly something that Atticus was paranoid about, that was for sure. Peregrine was a far better catch, in Atti's opinion, than he himself was. A moment later, he cocked his head and looked at the old man expectantly, "Would you like me to call her here, sir? I think she'd just about die of happiness to see you right now."
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
<3

The old male chuckled and deeped his head see I knew you weren't blind m'boy. An' I won't tell her dat kind a stuff youse got ta tell her yerself, an' besides ain't my place ta say anythin'He nodded his head yes wasn't his place and he wasn't one to mess with fate or anyone else's emotions, it just caused problems in the end. He smiled again Ya my little tree she her own kin' a special. But i coulda taken you back in my prime He puffed his chest out on a laugh.

Sun Spark chuckled and looked at the boy with humor and kind eyes. threatened by your brother I see don't you worry blue will choose you everytime. He shifted and lay down sphinx like his joints aching like there was no tomorrow. He turned grizzled head and swiveled his ear well chile dat dere is up to you. you kin call her if you want or I can tell you more secrets. He chuckled again and gave Atticus a winning smile.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Atticus grinned at the old man's remarks, glad that Sun Spark at least thought enough of him to not immediately veto the thought of Blue Willow ending up with him. Some fathers were like that. Of course, Sun Spark didn't know Atticus, but he seemed wise enough to know a man when he looked him in the eye. The grizzly wolf's comment that his daughter would choose Atticus over his Alpha brother anytime heartened him and made him feel worthy, and his tailed wagged a bit behind him as he took in those words.

Sun Spark left the choice of whether to call Blue or not up to Atticus, and for a moment, the Beta considered talking with the old wolf for a bit longer by himself. But Sun Spark had important news to deliver -- sad news, indeed -- and Blue Willow deserved to know about it as soon as possible. "I'd love to sit here and talk with you, but Blue would thrash me from one end of our territory to the other if she found out I met with you and didn't tell her." He grinned as he spoke. There was fire in his Alpha female somewhere, despite her sweet, soft-spoken exterior. He sure didn't want to be the first to rile that fire up. "Plus, she needs to hear about her mom," he added in a more serious voice. Turning his face to the dusky sky, he sent up a long summoning howl for her, his deep, rich baritone carrying elegantly over the distance between them and the plateau and, hopefully, finding her listening.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow heard the howl and surprised that it was Atticus and then alarmed. She raced towards the howl, she knew it wasn’t due to any type of harm. But she wondered if there was something really wrong. She skidded to a halt when she saw him next to another wolf, surprised and confused.

Soon enough she realized who the other wolf was and with a loud howl of joy she ran straight at him, making sure not to bowl him over. Daddy! In his presence she was a little girl all over again and she nuzzled him and gave him licks across his grizzled old face. Turning green eyes towards Atticus she wagged her tail and giggled Thank you Atticus! She turned back to her father and asked him question after question how are you? Why you so far away? Where’s mom? Our Alec and Aris okay?
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun Spark saw his daughter and his heart swelled it had been far too long. She had grown more in her absence, she was no longer lean from traveling, no now she held the healthy pallor of a girl who was happy. Hello Little Tree. You're young man here was kind enuff to give dis old man some of his time. His heart stuttered when she asked about her mother and her brothers. Her brothers were fine, they both had new litters this year, however the grave news he would have to give was not one he was happy to give. Standing he licked his daughter's forehead and smiled softly down at her green eyes so much like her moms and spoke softly You're momma went to da heavens little tree. I'm sorry.

He looked at the young male and gave him a sad small smile, knowing that this would hit his little girl a little hard, not super hard as she was not there and Blue was a physical being and usually things hit her harder if she saw them, rather than the aftermath.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Danni, I know this is a really important thread for Blue. We can continue it for as long as you want, even though Atticus is going to be a PPC. Sorry for holding this thread up for so long with my absence. <3

Blue Willow was quick to respond to her father's howl, and Atticus felt his heart flutter at the sight of her. She was radiant with joy and excitement at the sight of her long-lost dad, and as gorgeous as Atticus found her beneath the moon's subtle light, she was all the more splendid in the golden rays of the sun.

But Sun Spark had not called her here to deliver happy tidings. The news of her mother's death came like a hammer blow, sharply breaking the jubilant mood surrounding their reunion. Atticus knew how much Blue cherished and loved her family, so he expected her to take the news hard and to be really upset. In a gesture of friendship, support, and love, he scooted a little closer to her and gently pressed his shoulder to hers. Both he and her father were here for her in any capacity that she needed them.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Oh darling don't worry about it real life happens believe me i know :) <3

Blue gasped and stared at her father and bowed her head fighting hard to gather her composure. She had loved her mother, even though they hadn't always gotten along she loved her and she had told her as such often, but now to know she wasn't here anymore knocked her for a loop. She looked at her father through lowered lashes and studied him, it wouldn't be much longer before he joined her. He always told her he'd stop living the day she died and blue was pretty sure he meant it. She sighed and the tears slid down her downy cheeks to mingle with the dust and dirt that lay at her feet. I'm sorry da...da..daddy that you you had to go through that by yourself. She fought to keep her words straight, but she couldn't help the quiver that lay thick on her tongue.

Blue took comfort in the presence of Atticus even brushed her muzzle across his shoulder, but didn't press her face into didn't want soak his fur. And she stayed like that upset and sad, but comfortable in her grief. As time went on it would heal, as a matter of fact after she had cried her eyes dry it was time to go home. She lifted a soft muzzle and brushed it across Atticus's shoulder and then gave her father a gentle lick. you are welcome here daddy, but it is up to you. It is an open invitation. And with that she turned and headed back towards the way she had come.