Blackbeak Bluff Red is such a lovely colour on you but you won't be needing those
know yourself and go in swinging
37 Posts
Ooc — Jem
the smirk grows more genuine so that it'd be better described as a grin as the young male compliments her once more. it's one thing she can definitely never get enough of but she remembers her manners enough to chirp out a "thank you!" in reponse, tail continuing to wag from side to side- cutting through the strong breezes. she's glad to see that his dives at the birds are good natured, so many grumpy wolves simply seemed pissed off by their antics when they just wanted to have fun!

she notices the cockier of the bunch dip lower again and pretends not to see, shining eyes remaining focused on the boy until she hears the rustle of feathers and twists to jump where she'd predicted the bird would keep dropping to and sure enough her paw misses it by mere centimetres as she falls perhaps not as gracefully as before since the idea of showing off wasn't as dominant as the actual fun of it. she laughs as she falls back down and the bird moves higher but still remains closer than the rest. "that ones the cockiest" she muses, teal eyes bright with mirth as she now returns her attention to her company. 

he introduces himself as lucas and she returns his smile without hesitation. so far any wolves she'd met by the sea had been so much more outgoing than the uptight wolves from home and she loved it. her expression grows more serious in the form of open curiosity at what he says next. "i'm actually new enough around here, got sick of my old life so decided i'd start fresh and then just couldn't leave the sea upon finding it" her head tilts to the side as she presses on to the part that had actually gotten her curious. "what's a...troupe?" she asks, having absolutely never heard of such a word. was it just a fancy name for a pack? ooh or was it something much more exciting, that'd be great.

then realising a lot later than she should've that he'd basically told her he was lost she forces her expression to grow softer /or well she hoped it looked like that, being sympathetic wasn't really her strong point/. "i'm sure you'll find them anyway" she tries awkwardly, that's the kind of thing you said in a situation like this right? she continues to smile nevertheless, however it was perhaps gentler than before.
[Image: ezgif-com-crop-1.gif]