Blacktail Deer Plateau We're gonna build a wall
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Private 
@Corvus here we gooooo

How could he just show up out of nowhere? She had just started really opening up to everyone, she had just gotten over the slump that Corvus caused and now the wound was reopened. She bolted as soon as she had been out of sight of him and went to the stream, drinking deeply and then plunging herself into the water. The icy liquid seeped into her fur and the shock of it cleared her head and she gasped pulling herself out again. She shook her fur out and then lay down, not caring that she was freezing. She trembled and stared into the water, at her reflection and hated when she saw a sad, broken girl staring back at her. She wanted to go to him, to just ask why he had left yet she couldnt bring herself to do so. She didn't want to hear him say he had chosen to leave without a goodbye, even the chance that he would say something else wasn't enough to make her go. She had Issun now anyway, a friend who had proven to stay by her side.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Ohhhh boy. -buckles up-

Nothing was on his mind except finding Minori in that moment. Corvus knew the timing of his disappearance was as awful as it could've been, and he feared her closing him out forever. Even more than that, he feared her closing everyone out because of him. He'd helped her tear down the wall she'd built, but now he could very well be the one to build it back up even stronger.

Corvus found her lying on the ground, soaking wet and appearing deceased. It hurt. Minori, He murmured, slowing to a walk as he tentatively approached. I know what you're thinking, and I don't blame you... but may I explain? He then asked, forcing his voice to remain even and calm. It was unusually difficult.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Feel free to have her miss xD

Just as she was fighting the desire to hunt him down, he marches right on over. She heard what he said and slowly sat up, turning to face him. She stood and stared at him with a dead Expression on her face before without a single warning she lunged at him, aiming to tackle him to the ground."I trusted you!" she snarled her voice echoing in the silence. "I trusted you and your stupid attractive face and you lied! You knew how much I didn't trust!" She screamed at him in rapid fire japanese, eyes watering though they were still filled with anger.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Slowly and silently, she stood. He would've taken that as permission to proceed, if not for the fact that she suddenly lunged for him. It caught him off guard, and he was sent to the ground with a thud from her body weight, landing on his side with a grunt. Minori stood atop him, and it was only then she screamed, "I trusted you!" His ears flattened, not wanting to hear those words, not wanting to hear the pain in her voice. She continued in Japanese, to his disdain. If she wanted to scream those words at him so badly, Corvus wished she'd say them in the language they shared... but he was sure it was her fear that kept her from doing so. The fear that he contributed to.

I know... I know, He said as evenly as he could. Corvus made no move to get up; he didn't want to fight her, not while she was already hurting. If she wanted to let out her anger on him physically, he would let her. He just tried to talk and hoped that she would listen. I would never abandon you, Minori. I meant what I said. The only thing keeping me from you was Death's door. Nothing else would have kept me for so long. His words were completely raw, his mind and heart open to her.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She had succeeded and stood over him while he just lay there like a dead animal, letting her scream at him. That is the only reason she didn't hurt him, there was definitely something off about the way he just lay there. She finally fell silent and listened, eyes glistening as she studied him. Her ears lowered and pinned against her head "You were dying?" she asked her voice hushed and shaking suddenly as she tried to figure out in her head how to feel. All this time she had thought he just left and hadn't bothered to search but he had been lain up somewhere dying and fighting to come home. "I probably shouldn't have assumed you abandoned m- us all" she said for a second trying to act like she wasn't about to cry with relief. She caved in and lowered her muzzle, touching her nose to his neck. "I'm glad you didn't. Welcome home"
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Thankfully, Minori let him speak, and her words came out as a murmur now. It was such a sharp contrast from before, and he was surprised that her attitude shifted so quickly. Still, that was much preferred to her screaming in pain, though the quiver in her voice did not escape him. ... Yes, Corvus reluctantly confirmed. He'd danced with death many times in his life, but that was easily the closest call yet. He'd be damned if a bear took his life the same as one did his mother.

She continued to speak and gently pressed her nose to his neck. Surprising himself now, Corvus leaned into her touch as if starved for it. Such touches were something foreign to him now, as they were something he only experienced from his mother as a child. It was never something Corvus pined for, yet such a simple act filled him with... well, he didn't know what, but it felt incredible. He'd describe the feeling as "warm", if he had to, and it was very welcome.

It's good to be back... I missed you, Corvus said, finally rising to a sit. Apparently, he was also full of surprises. But what he said was true, and he wanted Minori to know that he felt that way. She encouraged him to be more open about how he felt because he believed it would allow her to trust him more. In doing this, though, Corvus was discovering how relieving it was to not keep his feelings behind a mask. When they separated, it was as if the warmth disappeared, leaving only the cold behind. He missed it but quickly dashed the feeling away.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
He confirmed it and she felt a surge of guilt. She wanted to apologise, to say she should have came after him but she knew it hadn't even been possible. She had been knocked out for a week. Yet she had woken up assuming he left instead of being concerned. She was torn between guilt and the logic that she couldn't have done anything. The guilt faded as he leaned into her touch and she felt her heartbeat hammer rapidly inside her chest, a sickening ticklish feeling inside her stomach growing as he said he missed her. She pulled away eyes wide as her fur heated for a moment, looking away "I missed you too...even when it hurt." she admitted. She noticed how open he was being with her and felt warmth surge through her. "I recruited one of my friends. His name is Issun, he helped me through it." she wondered why she felt bad about admitting she made a new friend, that she had gotten close to another male why he was gone.

She knew the signs, she remembered them well. The beginning of her feelings slowly going from platonic to something deeper. She panicked internally, her eyes widening and breath shaking. She didn't want to feel like that again, didn't want to risk hurting even worse than if she simply lost a friend. She didn't realise she was zoning out and looking very Spacey and frightened, like a deer frozen in headlights.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Minori appeared flustered when he said that but admitted to feeling the same. That warm feeling in his chest returned upon hearing that she also missed him. She mentioned another man, Issun. It's good you had someone to be there for you, He said. While I wasn't, He added bitterly in the recesses of his mind. Corvus was overcome with unrivaled amounts of guilt. It gnawed at his bones and rattled his brain, not allowing him peace. He'd felt this before... once when his mother was killed, and again when his brother met the same fate. If only he'd made different choices in those moments, perhaps they'd still be alive. If only, if only, if only... but hindsight was 20/20, and Corvus could not go back in time. He tried his best, and that was all he could ever do. It didn't make him any less frustrated.

Issun? He asked, finding that jealousy was beginning to prick at him. Still, he managed to keep it out of his tone. She said he was a friend when she recruited him. How long had they known each other? Why did he care? At this point, Corvus had to admit he was quite attached to Minori; there was no denying that now. While glad that this 'Issun' had a positive effect on her, the jealousy persisted. He was starting to experience so many new emotions and sensations because of Minori, and he wasn't sure what that meant. The nosferatu was incapable of understanding the full extent of what he felt.

Corvus finally came out of his own thoughts at Minori's lack of a response, and he noticed her panicked expression. What's wrong? He asked, unable to pinpoint what caused such a reaction out of her.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She vaguely recalled hearing him respond but she hadn't answered, trying to figure out how deep her feelings went at the moment. She asked herself questions. Did she care about Corvus? Yes. Did she like his company? Yes. If he embraced her would she return it? The thought made her skin heat but it was a yes. Would she Lay with him? That thought made a low whine leave her maw just after he asked her whats wrong. "Nothing..um..Issun, yeah. He was forming a pack before I met you. I decided to leave and follow you here though. I ran into him a few weeks ago, he was alone and sad...I invited him here." she avoided his gaze, ears pinning back. She stood up and moved closer, wrapping her head around the back of his neck and embracing him "Don't leave again. Corvus...please." she breathed out, closing her eyes and letting herself have this closeness and this one moment. Everyone else she still hid herself from, even Issun hadn't seen her so open without her having poppy seeds in her system.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
She said it was 'nothing', but he of course didn't believe that. Though, he was sure Minori had a lot to think about with his return, so Corvus didn't think too far into it. Minori informed him that she had left Issun's pack to follow him, and he felt oddly smug at learning that. He kept it off of his face, though, nodding in acknowledgement. Minori then stood and embraced him fully. It felt as if he were being ignited from the inside, despite the cool temperature and her chilly, damp fur. Corvus reciprocated by resting his own head on her shoulder, burying his face in her dark fur and closing his eyes while he indulged in this closeness, in her scent, in her voice.

"Don't leave again. Corvus... please," Minori pleaded.

I won't leave you, I promise, Corvus replied. He didn't want to let her go, content to embrace her and be embraced in turn. It had been too long since he felt this warmth. Now that it was here, he didn't want it to leave.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
He didn't push her away but instead placed his head into her fur. She breathed in slowly, feeling the warmth spread and grow. It was too late now, she opened up to him completely and the walls she felt so safe behind were now in ruins and could never be fixed. She didn't feel scared though, she simply let herself enjoy the moment and breath him in marvelling at how one man could make her feel so much. "Good.... I'd hate to have to hunt you down and beat your ass again" she said her lips curving up into a smirk not visible to him but her teasing was obvious in the tone of her voice. She nipped playfully at the skin of his neck and pulled away, surprising herself by lowering her front end down and lifting her hindquarters in the air giving them a wiggle. Realising what she was doing her eyes widened in a comical expression of surprise before she decided to run with it and gave a playful growl.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Thankfully, Minori didn't want to pull away just yet, either. Corvus cherished this moment, and relief washed over his mind. He feared that she would be angry with him for much, much longer. This wasn't something he even considered as a possibility.

"Good.... I'd hate to have to hunt you down and beat your ass again," She said over his shoulder, and a grin spread across his face. Corvus chuckled. The prospect brought the idea of a future spar to his mind. He hoped that they could soon.

If I ever disappeared again, I would welcome you to, He said lightheartedly, yet geninely. Minori pulled back with a nip to his neck and lowered herself into a play bow. Corvus mirrored her, flashing his devilish grin before lunging towards her to aim a soft nip at her cheek. He must've been a child when he last did this. Play fights turned to real ones, and they hadn't gone back since... until now.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She laughed for the first time without being high in what seemed like years. It probably had been years. Play hadn't really existed at home, it was all serious, all about working harder than everyone else to make the family proud. As Corvus nipped her cheek she ducked low and turned her head biting and licking beneath his chin and throat before headbutting him gently. She leaped away and bounded away a few feet, turning and looking at him over her shoulder with a mischievous look. She stuck her butt up, wiggled it at him and then leaped away a few more feet.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Fade here? You can end it, if you'd like. I loved this thread a lot & look forward to future development! ♥

She laughed, and Corvus reveled in the sound. She nipped and licked beneath his chin, sending shockwaves through him. Then, she nudged him with her head before bounding away, and he pursued her. Minori taunted him with an alluring shake of her hindquarters, and he gave a playful growl. Corvus picked up his pace and leapt for her, aiming to bowl her over and send them rolling into the crisp autumn grass, tugging at her ear softly with a rumble, if able.

Romanian | English
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
He chased after her and caught up quickly and she found his weight slamming into her. She was on the ground now, laughing freely as he tugged her ear and going limp beneath him "I give Corvus!" she panted and smacked his chest with her forepaws. She was glad they had made up, she felt so much better than she had in weeks. Things would be better now, she was sure of it.

I love these two so much <3 hope we thread again soon!
Purple= japanese
Bold= english