Twisted Slough the edge of winter
170 Posts
Ooc — JB
All Welcome 
Referencing her husband (who is currently an NPC) but if anyone wants to create him / play him, let me know! [WC: 402]

The trees were silent as she passed beneath them, not even a breeze strumming through their boughs; they were absent of all life, it seemed; there was nothing left upon their branches except a seeping blackness, a spreading dark that even light struggled to reach through. The moon was full but she could not see its borrowed light. There was enough for her to make her way, slowly but steadily, her body a glimmering grey within the vast emptiness of the wood. If she brushed against anything she did not seem to notice despite the low tilt of her head and the slouch of her quick, short strides. She is not soundless but she is very close to it, only betrayed as the icy leaves at her feet were crushed softly; when she takes a step and a dry twig snaps, reverberating through the forest with a surprising clarity, there is a sudden and violent shift.

Something makes a sound nearby to her - either beside or behind, it is unclear in the murk of the shadows - and it is pig-like, a grunt or a huff, and she freezes in place to await her punishment. It comes just as swiftly. Her slight figure is grabbed and shoved against the trunk of the nearest tree but she does not make a sound at this either, sucking in a breath and clenching her jaw. The figure beside her lets out a low note, like a growl or a moan, and she whispers, s-s-sorry, so softly that it is easily missed. She feels pressure against her body again, as she's pulled away from the tree and tossed to the dirt like a sack of potatos. The wolf gasps, briefly winded, but does not get up.

The man is silent too - he's glaring at her in the dark, creeping closer, and then leans over her to say: Know your place, wife. I did not tempt their wrath, steal you away, just to be found out. You know what they would do to me — and you, pathetic thing. So stay quiet, damn it.

She is trembling, but silent. He gives her a moment to compose herself and then moves off of her position in the dirt, leading the way and expecting her to rise, to follow. Against her better judgement - since she lacks it entirely at this point - Camilla lifts herself from the dirt and saunters after him.