The Tangle you're on fire like, "i feel like i'm gonna explode any moment"
35 Posts
Ooc — JB
He could lash out as soon as he finds the wolf roaming the forest, but he chooses not to. That isn't to say his skin doesn't crawl when the scent of the beast hits his nose, or that his claws don't unsheath when he comes within striking distance; he drifts near, but is shadowed. His need to rend and tear is present but he senses that fear too - that thick, intoxicating mix of endorphins and thundering heart-beat, which he likes to think he can hear. A cat's ears are just as developed as a dog's, if not more-so; the cougar doesn't think of this beast as anything more than a mutt, a curr, a waste of his time. But that's what makes this fun. Zugzwang knows he can snuff the life out of this walking carcass whenever he chooses - its his right as a superior species - but he does not. Not yet, anyway.

The wolf deviates within the woods. His path cuts around a grove of interlocking trees and down, giving the feline a height advantage. Zugzwang sweeps along with silent strides, hoping that his presence is felt, that his scent is so strong it overwhelms the pathetic dog. He is hungry, and so far his violence has only been a game to keep him distracted as he looks for a mate, but he is hopeful for so much more at this point. Wounding is fun, but killing is better. And he could kill this mutt with such finesse -- but there would be nobody around to witness it, appreciate it. It was depressing, and Zugzwang refused to let this experience be a downer.

So he trailed after the wolf in silence, letting him get ahead but tracking him incessently. Allowing him space, only to close that gap and lurk nearby. Eventually the cat tires of this game - so he hisses through the trees, letting his voice warp through the dark, Why are you running? He calls out, toneless but composed. You know it is useless to run from me, dog. There is a lightness to his voice. A contentedness that plays through his tone, because Zugzwang knows something that the dog does not - he knows that the dog is going to die, and there is nothing that can stop the inevitable.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you're on fire like, "i feel like i'm gonna explode any moment" - by Zugzwang - November 14, 2018, 03:46 AM