Phoenix Maplewood why don't you move to the delta?
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
She had thought occasionally of the Morningside wolves since visiting them, wondering how they fared. Passing by the plains--now blanketed with snow, but she could just imagine the ruin underneath--brought the sympathy further forward in her mind. Lily might as well call upon them again, to sate her curiosity.

She stopped close to the border, the rich, earthy smell of the Maplewood tickling her nose. It was quite a lovely place. Not as lovely as Elysium's willows, mind, but perhaps that was just a personal bias. Lily smiled at the thought, then raised her head and howled, hoping that this time, she might have the ear of the leader rather than a subordinate.

Not that there was anything wrong with subordinates. She also hoped to see Aliac again. The woman's identity had taken on more meaning to Lily since she had attached herself to Khali.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny felt a bit better, a bit more hopeful now that Kasatka had returned home. He was still worrying about providing enough food for everyone but he had more energy and more positivity to work on that now. He had been patrolling nearby when the howl went up and he quickly made his way there, tail raised but with a friendly wag. "Hello! How can I help you?" he asked with a smile. He looked her over and breathed in her scent, disappointed to find the scent of others so heavily on her fur. It meant she had a pack, he wondered then why she was here.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
A man around her age came to the border; he was friendly enough, which warmed Lily to him immediately. She grinned in return, wagging her tail, though making sure she didn't look too in-command. Some wolves got prickly about the slightest show of dominance, even with no intention of the sort. She couldn't tell by looking at him what kind of wolf he was.

Hallo, I'm Lily, she introduced herself, bowing her head slightly. I'm one of the leaders of Elysium, which just settled into the willow forest at the base of the mountains. I visited your pack a few moons ago, and wanted to stop by to check on things. She blinked softly at him, smiling. How is Morningside faring?

Well, she hoped it was Morningside. It smelled the same, anyway. But wouldn't it be a laugh if somebody else had moved in between then and now, and she was none the wiser?
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He could tell things would be good when she returned the grin, causing his tail to twitch and wag again behind him. She answered his question with an introduction and jumped right into things, stating she had been here before and had come to check up on them. While his smile was still there, a sudden wariness came into his gaze. This Elysium she came from wasn't an Ally and while she seemed real nice, he couldn't assume all of them were. The last time their weakness had been found out, he had been attacked and had to fight tooth and claw to get the male away. He had lost that fight....luckily he hadn't lost Morningside or his life. Could he trust this woman? She didn't look suspicious at all, or like she would come from a pack where they'd harm a struggling pack.

"I appreciate your concern Lily, I'm Sunny the current leader of Morningside." he introduced himself in return, hesitating for a long moment before confessing "We are surviving but barely. A lot of members are gone. Two recently joined, my sister and a new woman named Laska. Unfortunately hunting isn't good, we've been through a lot of internal chaos and haven't prepared for winter. Amongst other problems I'm...worried" he had almost said scared but held it back, though it showed on his face. He knew he was young, he knew he wasn't the best leader and while he kept them afloat so far he didn't know how long he could or if floating would be enough to survive.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Quickly the mood went from convivial to grave. Lily's face fell as he described their hardships, listing off numerous setbacks, and she shook her head, blinking slowly at him. God, I'm so sorry for you all, the blackbird said, meaning it. That is an awful lot to deal with. And with winter coming. . . No one can blame you for being worried.

She lifted her chin slightly, giving him an inquisitive look. He didn't seem the type to take charity readily, but when push came to shove, perhaps he would give. Elysium is a sanctuary, Lily continued. Above everything else, we want to help. If Morningside came to the willows, we could help? she offered, not sure how he would react. She was a little nervous that he would be affronted.

Pride so often had a way of stonewalling practicality.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He nodded slowly grateful that she seemed to understand and was able to sympathize. The look she currently gave him made him a bit wary but he didn't have to wait long to know what she wanted as she spoke up quickly. Her offer was nice, it would solve so much but it would also mean Morningside wouldn't be Morningside anymore. He'd have to lead everyone who would join him to Elysium where they would be....Elysium. It wasn't horrible, it wasn't a bad idea at all actually except that he'd have failed as a leader and have to admit they needed another pack's help. He breathed out a long sigh "I...would you allow me to say yes now and if things change I'll let you know? I have to talk to my beta and the pack. I think that it's a good idea I just need some time." he said, sounding rather sad with the decision but determined to make it. He didn't want to do this but he wasn't just thinking about himself anymore, but his friends and family.

just wanted to note that oocly it is still a yes! Sunny just icly needs to develop. It will happen though!

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She nodded, smiling. Of course, she remarked. Lily was just chuffed that he had agreed to at least consider it. Take all the time you need. Although he couldn't delay too long--winter was coming quickly, and their woes with hunting spelled doom on that front.

The blackbird wagged her tail, eyes sparkling. Shall I come to you in a few days, or will you come to us? Lily asked, canting her head slightly to the right. We're not so far away. . .the willows will give us away immediately. It was a remarkably unique place.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Lily seemed extremely pleased that he had considered her help but it did seem genuine so he relented and smiled easily at her again. He thought about her question and wished very much that Dawn was here so that he could have her go scout. Then again she would have probably taken over the pack instead of him. He had no idea if anyone in the pack would know where the willows were. "I'll see if anyone knows the mountains, if we have someone who does we'll be there in a few days. If not it would be best if you come find us" he said embarrassed that he probably couldn't guide them there. "Is it just straight that way?" he asked motioning where she did.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Once again, she smiled and nodded. Was that all ambassadors did? Smile. Nod. Smile. Nod. Like a creepy bobblehead doll. Sure, that's fine, she said, and then--I'm gonna shock you here--she nodded yet again at his question, following his gaze. Yes--past the forest with all the herbs, and then follow the edge of the ridge west and you'll find us.

It wasn't hard, though from the shape of things here, she surmised she might have to come get them herself. That was fine. It just meant more smiling and nodding.

It was good to meet you, Sunny, Lily murmured, giving him a gentle look. She knew it couldn't be easy for him, both to endure hardship and to--perhaps in his eyes--admit failure. But taking care of your own wasn't a failure, in her eyes. He was doing the best he could with what little luck he had been given. I will see you soon.

Once farewells were settled, she turned and broke off into a slow lope, headed for home with the news for Seabreeze and Olive.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He repeated the directions in his head a few times before he was sure he could remember them and then nodded and smiled back at her, his eyes sad but holding warmth that showed his gratitude for her offering of their saving grace. For now he would definitely see it as a failure, as him letting his dad down and losing his father's legacy but in just a short amount of time he would realise that he was doing what a good leader would do, making a really hard choice that would in the end save everyone around him a whole lot of suffering. "I'll see you in a few days, either way. Thank you Lily" he said his goodbyes and watched her make her way off before walking along the borders, marking them though he wondered if there was a point now, and thinking it over in his head.