Phoenix Maplewood And some I had to leave behind
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
She apologised. He stared blankly at her, her two words repeating themselves over and over in his head. They had all left the woods and she had returned to emptiness and by herself continued to try to keep the claim on the territory of Morningside strong while Sunny and everyone else was living peacefully at Elysium....and she was sorry? He slowly exhaled and lifted his gaze to the sky, a sharp heavy weighted pain settling in his gut that he was all too aware was guilt making him feel ill. He couldn't meet her gaze, couldn't accept the fact that she was still here, still trying to keep this place and Morningside alive when he had given up entirely. When he felt less like he was going to break and start crying he lowered his gaze to hers, seeing the sadness and the refusal all at once. A lump rose in his throat and words of protest rose in his throat threatening to jump out before he swallowed once, twice and then slowly nodded. He couldn't keep Morningside alive right now but so long as one wolf held hope, he would still plan to remake it one day. "I...will come check on you again. You're still family to me. One day we'll be back, we'll start Morningside again officially. I promise Des. I won't give it up, it means everything to me" his words rang hollow in his own head, his thoughts tormenting him by saying that by leaving the maplewood he had already given up. He pushed himself up off the ground looking around the woods and yearning to cross back over the border that now only held one scent when once it held so many. He yearned to mark his scent here too, to reclaim this as his home yet.....he couldn't. He had told the Morningsiders he would watch over them and they were all back at Elysium. "I have to go again....If you need company come visit. I'll be back in a few weeks" he said softly. If she gave her goodbyes he would leave, each step feeling like he was leaving more of himself behind.

Can I get another thread set up or would you rather not?
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Messages In This Thread
And some I had to leave behind - by Sunny - December 25, 2018, 09:20 PM
RE: And some I had to leave behind - by Vegas - December 26, 2018, 11:08 AM
RE: And some I had to leave behind - by Sunny - December 26, 2018, 09:18 PM
RE: And some I had to leave behind - by RIP Desdemona - December 29, 2018, 01:15 PM
RE: And some I had to leave behind - by Sunny - January 12, 2019, 12:26 PM
RE: And some I had to leave behind - by RIP Desdemona - January 13, 2019, 03:59 PM
RE: And some I had to leave behind - by Sunny - January 13, 2019, 10:20 PM
RE: And some I had to leave behind - by RIP Desdemona - January 13, 2019, 10:50 PM