Dragoncrest Cliffs the grinch wishes he had a heart as small as mine
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
All Welcome 
Today marked the first day since the battle that Rose felt she didn't need to run around like a chicken with their head cut off. She had tended to all of the wounds she was aware of and had finally reached a point where there was not the immediate threat of blood loss or infection. She would of course still keep an eye on those she had aided, but at least now she could begin replenishing her stock that had depleted quite quickly over the past week.

So that's exactly how she had spent her morning, searching high and low for any herbs that were fortunate enough to not have already been stripped away. And what she did after that you ask? She crashed. Hard. Tucked in the corner of her hollowed log Rose slept like a rock, unconcerned with whatever happened for the next few hours.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
As much as she’d like to relax and say things have calmed down, she knows they haven’t. As long as Rusalka remains in the sound unattended, they have a threat to deal with. She spends a lot of her time on the borders with any number of wolves and other times with the other leaders, trying to figure out what to do.

After a while, she finds herself alone and roaming the redwoods. She idly follows a scent of a wolf that has really stepped up in the wake of Portia’s death. She’s seen the work she’s done against the warriors and the damage inflicted upon them. None of them are sick from infection and are still functional to keep use of their claim.

When she does find her sleeping form in the mouth of a log, she looks a little like Wildfire (but bigger). She stands there a few seconds, watching her sleep. Her ears twitch upon her head as she listens to her surroundings but she doesn’t understand the weird feeling in her chest, unfurling its reach. Antumbra takes a few steps, then, and stops just outside the opening, taking a turn or two, and settling down at the opening like a protective pet and taking the time to fall asleep too.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
How much time had passed between when she closed her eyes to when she opened them was a mystery. She only knew that the sun no longer peered through the opening of her den and that there was a large body sleeping just outside. Her initial reaction was to wake whoever the hell was blocking her in but when the scent of Heda reached her nostrils, the opkepa decided to wait out however long the rest of her slumber would be.

So in the meantime she shifted herself to a more comfortable position and let her mind wander with thoughts that normally wouldn't pop into her head. She wondered what it was like for the cliffside's leader after all she had been through, after all it mustn't be easy losing a mate and children only to have war come knocking on your door shortly after.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It is not much longer Antumbra is sleeping than Rose. Her ear twitches when she first notes movement but she can’t pull herself out of slumber. There’s no immediate threat detected and so she remains quiet, curled in a large, black ball.

When she does stir, she slowly unfurls and stretches out her legs and trying to stifle a yawn, clicking her teeth together when she can. How many nights had she slept outside Wildfire’s preferred den, much like this one? There’s an ease in this comfort, something she’s done time and time again. Maybe later, she’ll realize it’s weird and unhealthy, but right now she clings to the familiarity of a simpler time.

“Hey,” she says quietly, shifting a little. Rose doesn’t seem bothered by her presence so she doesn’t rush to stand, but she does make more room from the opening to give her some space.
Trigedasleng · Common
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Her attention flickers to the waking leader as she catches the first sign of movement from the corner of her eye, ears swiveling atop her head at the greeting. "Hey" she returns back with a slight smile as her tail brushes against the wood behind her, unsure what to say afterwards as she watches the darker female put just a tad more space between them.

To Rose's surprise she is not as uncomfortable  as she normally was in the presence of Heda, likely because she felt like she had finally earned a place among them after all this time. "How have been faring after...well everything?"  
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The implication of the question comes as a surprise. Wolves have talked to her or asked her how she is and she’s barely given it a second thought. With everything? It hangs funny in her chest, dangling from a string where the other end is unknown. She doesn’t yank too hard or try to follow along. She doesn’t know what’ll happen if she gives it a little tug. So, instead, she offers a hint of a smile and shakes it off.

“Just a little sore,” she decides. The wound on her side has come together okay and she feels herself lucky enough not to have received much during the intrusion. “You’ve been busy, lately. We’re thankful to have you,” she says. The loss of Portia has been a hit on many of them and without a healer they’d struggle. Maybe they’d get by. It doesn’t matter. Her tail thumps a little on the ground and she shifts until she’s sitting, awkwardly stretching her front legs as she settles.
Trigedasleng · Common
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
A relieved sigh slips from the corner of her lips when she hears there were no new injuries plaguing their leader's health and she finds the tenseness held up in her muscles slowly beginning to fade away. "I am glad to be of use" and it was the truth. She'd never felt as if Drageda was her home and likely never would, but, she had found friends and companions within these borders and it's people held a great significance to her for that reason alone. 

The pair continued to chat until a howl calling for her aid interrupted their conversation and Rose, with a dip of her snout, bid the inky leader a farewell before slipping away to resume the duties she'd abandoned earlier that morning.